main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hayden will be great in 3!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by DARTHMAULDER, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHMAULDER

DARTHMAULDER Jedi Master star 1

Nov 16, 2000
    Don't you guys notice that Hayden is so good when he's portraying roles that are disfunctioned? Like what he did in Life's a House.

In clones, It's obvious that his best part was the confession part. He's good when he's angry. I think this is the reason why George picks him. He knows how to look dangerous.

In episode 3, this dangerous persona will be the Anakin that we will see, which means that in this movie Hayden's performance will be really, really great.

2. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Agreed.

3. Leonard_Shelby

Leonard_Shelby Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 31, 2002
    Agreed, also.

"Now, where was I...?" ?[face_plain] -Lenny

4. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Agreed! He's going to do a fantastic job. :D

5. DarthSidious990

DarthSidious990 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I'd love to see what heis going to do in EIII. Can't wait.

6. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Agreed.

But I thought Hayden was great in AOTC as well. :D

7. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Hayden Christensen is incredible(and he's Canadian!!! :p). You're right when you say he's good at protraying disfonctional characters. He was awesome in Life as a House and also in Higher Ground. Am I the only one who watched that series? Anyway, I can't wait 'til EpIII!!!

8. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I think he was at his best when he was showing his "darker side." Therefore I think he will be very good in what is adding up to be the darkest film of them all. [face_devil]

9. tabbafett

tabbafett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2001
    There were some spots in AotC where he kinda gave this glare, flexing his face muscles and all I remember thinking to myself was "holy....cow."

"The boy is good, no doubts there."

10. haakun

haakun Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2002
    Yesss!... after the "I HATE THEM" scene, I can't wait to see what he does in EP-III.

Go Hayden!

11. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Agreed. I know Hayden will be great in episode 3 and he was great in aotc. But lets not shortchange the rest of his performance. The angry anakin in the confession and the slaughter was amazing. But he also delivered a great performance as the hero anakin. He was very good with the role and executed it more than perfectly. I do agree that he is perfect for vader in episode 3, I can't picture anyone else playing him in aotc and ep3. All in all, Hayden is perfect for the hero, the apprentice, the husband/lover, and the dark, troubled sith lord. Bravo! Perfect.

12. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    And the way he was looking at Padme when she told him "Please, don't look at me like that." Boy, what would I give to have a gorgeous man like him looking at melike that... ;)

13. LightBird51

LightBird51 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2002
    I love watching Hayden act. So many emotions can show on his face in a very brief period of time. He definitely knows what he's doing. The use of his eyes, his facial muscles, his body language. I'm anxious to see him as he becomes even more experienced, which he will be by the time he does Ep3. More experienced, more mature, more relaxed in the role. It should really be something to watch!

14. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I remember reading Hayden was picked because he could switch between acting mature and very childish. This is shown time and again in AotC and he can do a great job in Ep. 3. As said, he was wonderful in the confession scene and I can't wait to see in fall to the Dark Side.

I give Hayden for pulling off a good job despite such lines as the 'sand' line. :p

15. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    agreed! but great in ep.II? he sucked for the most part he tried too hard. i do think he will be better in ep.III, but to say he was great in aotc is hard.

16. JediGirl1

JediGirl1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    agreed! but great in ep.II? he sucked for the most part he tried too hard. i do think he will be better in ep.III, but to say he was great in aotc is hard.

Hmmm...I have to disagree here. He did not suck in Ep.II. I don't think that he came across like he was trying too hard at all. He was supposed to be trying hard in the movie -- trying to impress Padme, Obi Wan, the Council, Palpatine,etc... Sure he was whiny, immature and unpredictable, but that is what GL wanted and that is what Hayden delivered. Natalie has been quoted as saying that Hayden did find it difficult in some of the scenes where GL would tell him to act even more whiny than he was -- he was probably thinking WTF?!. But he delivered what was asked of him. I am sure he was cringing to think what people (other than the die hard SW fans) where going to think of such a character and performance.

GL has been quoted more than once saying that he cast Hayden with Ep.III in mind more so than II. He is best with the "darker" characters (LAAH case in point). Hayden has said that he is most looking forward to Ep.III and to a role that he can really sink his teeth into, along with GL looking forward to directing this one the most of all.

O/T - Funny little thing I read recently -- Hayden's older brother is a huge SW fan and he said he thinks he ruined the saga for his brother by being Darth Vader. Hayden said "my brother was like, you can't be Darth Vader...I used to beat you up all the time when we were kids and I was the one that introduced you to SW in the first place!" [face_laugh] Thought this was kinda cute.

I have faith that Hayden will be awesome in Ep.III! Three more years.... :_|

17. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    He was great in Ep. II so I think he will be great again in Ep. III.

18. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I agree, I think he's a spectacular actor and will really surprise some people in this movie.

19. LightBird51

LightBird51 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2002
    JediGirl is right...Hayden delivered exactly what was asked of him. GL wanted whiny, he got whiny. If some of the dialog Haden had to deliver was a little hard to listen to that wasn't Hayden's fault either. It was just his job to say things the way the director directs. Just observe and you can see his did a really good job. He'll do just fine in Ep3.

20. Twiglet

Twiglet Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2002
    I think Hayden was alright. I suppose I don't quite understand how many people make his performance in AOTC out to be Oscar material which I think is greatly exaggerated.

The emotion he displayed on Tatooine was very good and one can definetly see Vader. So I suppose the statement of him playing disfunctional roles well is accurate.

However, I found his whiny lines and obsessive talk to Padme to be childish sounding and unbelievable. I'm sorry, but a really good actor has the ability to take a corny line and turn it into something the audience can swallow and Hayden didn't do that for me all the time. Constantly blaming Lucas for his bad script is way too overused at times.

Hayden was better than I thought he would be, but still nothing to rave about.

21. BobaFett688

BobaFett688 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2001
    I agree, totally. Hayden's a good actor; obviously his best scene was when he confesses to Padmé that he has slaughtered a village of Tusken Raiders. He could have been better elsewhere, had George Lucas let him have some room to expand himself, but that was a scene that showed some quality acting. Needless to say, it's leagues better than Jake Lloyd's acting.

Bottom line? Hayden will definately be good in Episode III, especially when he makes his fall to the Dark Side.

22. TheVioletBurns

May 27, 2002
    Twiglet, the 'childish and immature' attributes were purposeful. If Anakin was a guy with sweeping love lines, confidence, and buffdude factor, I'd be very unconvinced of his turn. Arrogance is not the single reason for him going darkside. It's an internal breakdown. Insecurity. Inability to deal correctly with emotion.

I do think the places where he acted more like an older Jake Lloyd than JEJ/Prowse were just as well done to get this point across.

This is why most of the general public thought he was terrible; they didn't quite understand the character. I must say I'm quite surprised to see such a positive reaction from the fans.

And no, the Oscars would never reward such a performance. They need a guy exorcising demons or doing something wow-y and completely attention-grabbing for that. :p Hayden's acting is more sublime.

23. tabbafett

tabbafett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2001
    Exactly. This is the father of Luke Skywalker were talking about. Winer Extraodinare. It would only make sense if he passed on similar qualities of himself to his son. The only catch was that we met his son first and found out who he was, before vader, later. What!?

24. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    i completely understand the character. he's not a great actor at all. just compare his acting to Ewan's. Ewan blew him away.

25. TheVioletBurns

May 27, 2002
    Oh yeah! Yeah!.....

Nnnnnnnnno.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.