main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hayden's looks

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Dinoforce, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    My apologies for not remembering exact quotes on these subjects- I just knew Leo had been really interested in the role.

As for Hayden's tan- I did read recently he mentioned in the beginning they slathered him w/ bronzing tanner makeup- it does appear natural throughout most of the film though... Dangerously natural..... :)

2. Misty_Knight

Misty_Knight Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2000
    The biggest impact for me in AOTC were the looks Anakin had - "good looks" in the classic sense but in particular I mean the looks he gave people. The way he flirted with Padme with his eyes (fav scene is the look he gives her when she is packing that makes her feel 'uncomfortable' - yeah, me too!), the sullen &/or angry looks (carrying mom's body inside), his confusion after Padme breaks off their kiss, etc., etc.

I was not expecting to like Anakin/Hayden quite as much as I did . . . & I had already seen pictures & liked him already! Now I am blown away . . . those Skywalker men! Luke has been my ideal man since 1977! He is still my ALL TIME FAVE but now Anakin . . . wow. I was 13 when I first saw Luke, now 25 yrs later (do the math) & I am feeling slightly foolish for reliving that same feeling of powerful crush on a movie character! Aaakkk!

Another great thing about Hayden as Anakin - his youthful energy. He just seemed to be fairly bursting with the energy & impatience of youth on a mission (as opposed to the sullen lethargy of youth with nothing to inspire them, ya' know what I mean?).

Now I must also say that Obi-wan/Ewan is incredibly handsome. I LOVE the beard! He looks so much more comfortable & confident in this movie (which I think is by design). I expected to love him - without hesitation!

Thanks for starting this thread! Woulda done it myself if I'd had the guts!

3. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Yes! It is not just his "looks", but the looks he gave! They covered the spectrum on the emotional scale. I, too, am surprised how moved I am by a movie character. I haven't felt this way since, oh, since Han Solo decades ago!

4. irv74

irv74 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2002
    Hayden naturally has brown curly hair- his eyes are blue and he's normally pastey white. They had to use gallons of bronzer to get him to look as tan as he does in the film. He's Canadian- so he doesn't get to see a lot of sun up there.

Yeah, you know all about Canada, because we always have snow on the ground, a perpetually cloudy sky, no running water, dirt roads, and no Internet.

Please tell me more about my own country. :)

Personally, I like Ewan the best. It's gotta be the accent. ;)

5. Dayda_Amidala

Dayda_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    Aw c'mon, you can't tell me this isn't sexy...

just kidding 8-}

But Hayden definitley takes the cake:
    grrrrow

6. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    Hayden is definitely a cutie. I can't really rate actors - they all have good qualities, not just looks. and i too am an old broad in my 30s.

I really enjoyed watching Hayden as Anakin on screen. He has a Gary Cooper thing going and is intriguing, magnetic. I look forward to seeing Hayden in other non Star Wars work.

and Ewan was great too, charming and lovely.

Tobey Maguire has that boy-next-door charm, moppish and doe-eyed. Leo is a fine actor.

7. FOX2005

FOX2005 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Hayden is very cute and very handsome and I will enjoy watching him in his acting career in the years to come.

8. Bail-AnBillies

Bail-AnBillies Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2002
    Dinoforce: Nope not kidding, if I had a license I'd be driving to his house right now, but I don't. I could always ask my sis to drive us there, but I'd be too scared to go knock on his door. And then if I actually saw him, I'd pass out...

9. Dinoforce

Dinoforce Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    Bail_anBillies, don't worry, I've got a car. But you will have to knock on his door because there is no way I'd have the courage to do it. Have you ever seen him in real life walking around at the mall or something? He positively smolders onscreen.

10. snoogans78

snoogans78 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    anyone ever notice how Toby Maguire bears a striking resemblance to Screetch from Saved by the bell. Look at the bug eyes, and his wierd lips. Watch it again, he does!

11. JediMasterLuminara

JediMasterLuminara Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    as if there's any competition. Toby and Leo are disgusting.

12. Dinoforce

May 21, 2002
    Snoogans78: I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks Toby has bug eyes (no pun intended). :)

13. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001

As for Toby, I'm sorry but he just looks a bit too juvenile. Does anyone else think his eyes look a little bugged out?

LOL! i think that's part of his charm Dinoforce. and if you think Tobey's eyes are "bugged out" i'm afraid to ask what you think of Elijah's eyes [face_laugh]

14. Dinoforce

May 21, 2002
    DarthScully: Not trying to bash Toby, all in good fun. I happened to like Elijah as Frodo and his eyes did not bother me as much. I guess being a hobbit exempts him from criticism.

15. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Personally, I love both Hayden and Ewan. Hayden is not only a good looking guy, but the emotions he shows through his eyes are unbelievable. Wow, that man is beautiful. As for Ewan, he's one of my favorite actors, but he did not look his best in this movie, but hey, it was his character. And I still think Luke is pretty cute. Hehe.... :)

16. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm so lucky, there's this guy i go to church with that looks just like Hayden.

17. pandawan

pandawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2002
    He's proof that a tan does wonders for a person. Not that he's not cute when he's not tan but...

how true! I recall seeing some pix of HC right after AOTC, and he looked very different without the tan! Not bad exactly...it did make the connections between Anakin and DV with the mask off at the end of ROTJ much stronger for me!

Hayden is indeed way hot...
    Did we indeed establish that he's that tall--6'3"?

At first I didn't think HC was fab acting-wise, but after seeing AOTC again I realize he was really great.
    Beautifully cast, looks-wise and screen-presence wise.

I didn't dislike Ewan--lookswise or actingwise--in TPM, but
    thinks he's just fantastic in AOTC. He's very talented.

I grew up with arguments of Luke versus Han...who's cuter?

I thought Luke in ANH, which I saw when 11, was that very sweet kind of handsome, but after his accident and in the following movies he really lost some of that breathtaking
    sweet look.
    Han was searingly hot, though...in SW and in his Indiana Jones work. Getting a bit aged now...it sure will be interesting to see how he works in a new Indy movie!
    Will he age like Sean Connery, who is hotter now (or at least was 5 years ago...) than he was at 30?

Nobody has mentioned Liam Neeson! He's got that appealing
    towering height (he's 6'4''), great eyes, shoulders to die for...

Too old for you guys? He just turned 50, I think.

I too never got the Leo or Toby thing. It'll be interesting to see Leo in Gangs of New York though! (The big draw there will of course be Liam...)

18. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Well, I really can't say what I think of Tobey, I never got a good look at him in anything. Leo has more than looks going for him. I liked his looks in Basketball diaries, he looked so bad in "Growing Pains" too.

Ewan yum. What would you think if he was not Obi-wan Kenobi but played Anakin? He looked young enough in TPM, but maybe his age would tell.

Hayden...you know, in official photos of AOTC, and in the movie, his nose looks, um, sharper. Leaner, I gusse. In photos where he is going to a premiere, or if you seen that Time mag article in that side article, "Meet Mr. and Mrs. Vader" , his nose is a little more flared. Is it me or anyone noticed his nose looks different in different things?
    But yeah, he is really cute. Actorwise, I only seen him in AOTC, and he is good looking.

19. AOTCStarwchic

AOTCStarwchic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2002
    Oh yea :) I definatly think Hayden & Ewan are better than Toby or Leo.The good reason
    Hayden & Ewan are better is

#1. Hayden plays the badest villan in town and he is from another country(I think guys are
    extreamly hot if they are from some were other than the U.S)Ewan plays one of the badest good guy (excluding Yoda & Mace)and he is from a different country which counts for me.

#2.Every body starts liking new actors (Hayden) even though he did star in Life as a house.And
    Ewan was a guest star on the tv show *ER*.

Resons why I don't think Tobey or Leo are hot.
    #1.Tobey plays a spider.Leo hasn't done any recent films lately.

#2.I don't see the hottness in Tobey and Titanic is really old

20. pandawan

pandawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2002
    Yes, Grand_Duchess! I have noticed the same thing!
    Nose looks wider and cheekbones a little less defined...
    makeup issues presumably...
    or than tan thing again...

21. BlueMules

BlueMules Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2002
    Yes, Grand_Duchess! I have noticed the same thing!
    Nose looks wider and cheekbones a little less defined...
    makeup issues presumably...
    or than tan thing again...

How interesting... I have never notice it...

22. AnikaSky

AnikaSky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2002
    This is directed ot Bail Anbillies(always loved the Max Rebo because he looks like a blue elephant and I think that is funny). Seriously do you really live that close to Hayden Christiansen or are you just joking???

23. AnikaSky

AnikaSky Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2002
    I really do like this thread and I am glad I cam across it. It's interesting because in comparing Jake to Hayden you can see that their bone structure is different(Hayden appears to have more defined features). However I think that it all worked out because often children have round faces and when you see them after ten years their faces are thinner and they have lost the baby fat. I remember my brother said something when he first found out Hayden was playing the new Anakin. Something about him not having the round face. I think that Hayden could be a older version of little Anakin(Jake Lloyd).

24. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Here are some recent Hayden pix. He reminds me of Matthew McConaughey (one of the hottest guys out there, IMO) in that second to last picture. (And no make-up, either.) He's cute, and when he gets older, he'll be sexy. I do think he could stand to fill out just a bit, but he's young yet. :p

http://www.bestofhayden.com/magazine6.html

Ewan and Hayden have got it all over Tobey (he is cute) and Leo (ick!).

25. Obi-Can

Obi-Can Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2002
    EWAN,EWAN,EWAN best looking and best actor of the 4. I love the way he moves, it's just sooooo sexy and that accent is to die for.

Hayden is next in the looks dept, a little too skinny but once he fills out WOW. His acting was a little hit an miss in AOTC, but fantastic in his other movie.

Tobey, not cute at all.

Leo, cute but not sexy. Good actor, but he's somewhat arrogant which is a big turn off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.