main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC HBO's The Leftovers

Discussion in 'Community' started by NotSoScruffyLooking, Aug 11, 2014.

1. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    I'm through 3 episodes of this, and I think this is possibly the best new show on tv. An intriguing mix of spritualism, science fiction, and excellent writing and acting. Cast includes Justin Theroux, Amy Brenneman(Judging Amy and Private Practice), and Liv Tyler(Lord of the Rings, Armageddon.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Series finale tonight! I actually love this show, it's really weird and ambiguous but fantastic performances and great twists. If you want stuff explained, not happening. But it's super compelling and emotonal.

3. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    This is the best show ever. No fooling. Better than The Sopranos or The Wire for me. 1st place. They nailed the finale.

4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Personally, I think the proper finale was the previous week, this felt a bit more like an epilogue to me. Still kinda dug it and some actual answers too (well, depending on how one views it). Doesn't really land anywhere in the science vs. faith question, although it does lean heavily on "everyone who is peddling cosmic answers is a fraud" but once in awhile, it doesn't.

5. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Lindelof really Lindelofed it again.

LINDELOF!!

6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The consensus is people seemed to quite like the Leftovers finale, as opposed to the sometimes white-hot rage that some had to the Lost finale (I didn't hate that one either).

TX-20 likes this.
  7. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I absolutely loved it.

I'm so glad Lindelof said during the first season that we'd never have an answer for the Sudden Departure. It freed him, Perrota, and the other writers to focus on telling their story whichever way wanted. I hope he does another show.

BigAl6ft6 and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    My biggest gripe about Season 3 was the distinct lack of Margaret Qualley (who is literally in, like, I believe 1 scene in Season 3 and that's just a hug with her dad and a phone call with her mom later). But, to be fair, Jill's arc basically ends in Season 1 and Season 2 she was just sorta hanging out. (her and her brother seem a lot less crazier than their parents, although the brother took awhile) But if you have that good of an actress in your roster it would be nice to give her something to do.

TX-20 likes this.