main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] 100 Reasons why Spoiler Free is the way to be...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN, Jan 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count_Pooku

Count_Pooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    WARNING: The following (no 85.) could be seen as a potential SPOILER by some of you.

85. Because even Padme does die in this movie, I'm sure that George doesn't want us to know about it before we see it on the big screen. (I for one refuse to believe that she dies, as it just doesn't make sense when you tie in Leia's comments about her mother in ROTJ.)

86. Because we are all so grateful to George for making these movies, that we don't want to upset him by knowing exactly what happens before we even see the film.

87. Because spoilers spoil things.

88. Dictionary definition of "Spoil": v. make or become useless or unsatisfactory; reduce enjoyment etc of;..... and none of us want Episode 3 to be useless, unsatisfactory and giving us reduced enjoyment now, do we???

2. Count_Pooku

Count_Pooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    89. There aren't as many threads to go through. Oh, sorry we're after advantages aren't we. Well, I guess the fact that you don't have to wade through as much crap as you have to in the spoiler forum. Not that I go there!!!! (I used to about 6-12 months ago - before I decided that spoiler-free would be the way to go for the final SW movie ever.)

3. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    90. We have this awesome Obi-Wan banner

4. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    91. Even our signatures are underlined!

5. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    92. Because staying HCSF is going to require extreme vigilance in the coming months for those of us planning to watch T.V., [quick channel-changing/ear covering, subject-changing, etc.] and then we can look back afterwards and say "Oh, yeah! I have awesome willpower!" It'll be like Lent.

6. jarjarandtheewoks_hi

jarjarandtheewoks_hi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2004
    92. Because there's so many questions I'm just dying to know the answers to, like:

Does poor Anakin succumb and turn to the darkside?

Does a liaison between Padme and Anakin result in any kids? (twins would be great, eh?)

Do we find out just who is clouding the jedi council's vision, elementary common sense, basic psychological intuition and any advantage Yoda's advanced years might have for an inkling of foresight? Or will we never know?

Of course it would be such a shame to ruin it now with so little time left to go!!

92.51 Because the Skywalker family almost spells out APPLES when abbreviated, almost...

Think about it while I put this on........

(And save the last for OP -hear, hear!)

7. spaceace27

spaceace27 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2004
    I've heard this said before, but I'm of the opinion that the trailers won't really ruin anything and when you watch them you'll just be like "I wonder..." or "Man, I can't wait!!!"

8. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    94. Because when spoilers are afoot, sometimes nice spoiled people stop by to give us a warning, and it's nice to have friends.

9. b-wingmasterburnz

May 27, 2004
    If seeing trailers don't bother you that's fine, Spaceace. But AOCT went so badly for me that I'm not taking any chances this time.

10. spaceace27

spaceace27 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2004
    Why would Lucas give something away that's really really huge? Sure there are some things that are off putting in the one we've seen already, but "it's the question that drives us"(sorry). What went badly with AOTC?

11. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    95. Because when challenged to create new banners for the spoiler-free forum, the first thought of potential arsists was "what with?" [face_laugh]

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

12. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    96. Because God favors the spoiler free person.

13. jarjarandtheewoks_hi

Nov 22, 2004
    93. Because ignorance is enviable: ..'er summin about some hot red stuff, summin about some guy whose name is about 'harm'.... and I reckon he's the bad guy but don't tell me!'

OTR: I take it Palpatine gets to re-name Anakin as a Sith lord. What could possibly have been going through his head to come up with 'Vader'??

"Hmmm, my new protege... what to call him, what to call him.. Recap: I want to rule the universe and I want him to kick ass, scare people and infiltrate rebel territories... "

Guys, was he really THAT close to sounding like a coffee machine?

8-}

(97 next)

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    97. Because you have mods who are willing to be spoiled to keep this community free from Outposts of Spoiler Tyranny.

15. b-wingmasterburnz

May 27, 2004
    "Why would Lucas give something away that's really really huge? Sure there are some things that are off putting in the one we've seen already, but "it's the question that drives us"(sorry). What went badly with AOTC?"

Yeah, I realize all this, and I know Lucas won't go out of his way to ruin everything. I've just chosen to stay trailer-free if at all possible. I just think it would be cooler for me that way. It worked for me for TPM. Anyway, AOTC. I've said this a few times here, so I'll keep it brief. I didn't see it as soon as it came out, so hearing people talk about it at school spoiled many things, like Jango being the clone original. The main thing that ruined it though, was a certain toy commercial that gave away that Dooku = Tyranus. I may have figured that out before the end of the movie, but I'll never know now, will I? That's all.

16. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    Er... I think our numbering got messed up. I wrote 94 on my most recent one because we had two people who wrote 92 (b-wingmasterburnz and jarjarandtheewoks_hi (those take a long time to type out)).

So jarjar...'s 93 post is really 97 and Garth's would be 98. I don't think I missed anything, but if I did, let me know.

17. jarjarandtheewoks_hi

Nov 22, 2004
    Consider it signed Forcefire.

(99 next)

18. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    99. Because I challenge any one of you to find such a large and yet close-knit community as the 3NS anywhere else on t'internet. I love you folks [face_blush]

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now make this next one good... :p

19. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    Its only fitting I do #100

100. Because we get bash each other when the movie comes out over who got stuff right and stuff wrong before we are thrown into the pit known as 3SA.

Ok, so now what do we want to do?

20. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Count back down to 1?

21. b-wingmasterburnz

May 27, 2004
    I'm for the idea of compiling them all into one big list and making a direct link to it in this forum.

22. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, let us know.

No more entries, we'll keep it at 100 reasons.

I can lock it if you prefer.

23. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

Jul 4, 2004
    Can you sticky it, please?

24. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    No more entries? :( And here I was ready to do 99.1, 99.2, pi.... :p

25. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000