main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] Advance tickets in Canada (Cineplex/Galaxy and Famous Players now on sale!!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by spaceace27, Apr 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fobok

Fobok Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    Unless it comes down to being the only choice, I'll never see the movie at a Cineplex Odeon. I don't know about others, but for me they're the 'budget' cinema. Bad sound (compared to Famous Players anyway), wheelchair seating that means I either have to block someone's view or practically be out in the aisle, (and, depending on the particular screen, sometimes have to sit on an angled floor which makes it even more uncomfortable to watch the movie), and only average picture quality.

2. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    ^^ I agree. The Cineplex Odeon in Ottawa really sucks. Lightyears behind the AMC and Famous Players theaters here.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Huh. I've never had a problem in their new multiplex facilities.

If the experience isn't that great, I'll just go the next night to Famous Players Silver City. :)

I like the seating better in Cineplex, more stadium seating, that way no tall person can block my view of the screen. ;)

4. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm not sure there is even Cineplex Odeon left in Montreal. Most of them are Famous Players or Guzzo.

5. Fobok

Fobok Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    Really? You're lucky to have stadium seating then (at least, if I'm defining stadium seating properly). Famous Players here has that, but none of the Cineplex Odeon ones I've gone to have. If it's the other way around where you are, have fun. :)

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    My tickets say: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith STC.

What does "STC" mean?

7. spaceace27

spaceace27 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2004
    Subject To Classification. I guess it doesn't have a rating yet.

8. Fobok

Fobok Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    Cineplex Odeon, at least (maybe other Canadian chains too, never paid much attention to ratings) doesn't use the MPAA rating. So, they probably haven't decided what rating to give it.

9. Fobok

Fobok Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    Ok, TFN is saying that Famous Players tickets are available now, but there's been no announcement about this on the site and no tickets are yet available on movietickets.com. Is there some confirmation on this, before I rush out to buy them? :)

10. silvermark

silvermark Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2001
    I got my ticket already, an advance screening May 18th :)

But I still want my midnight screening to witness all the hype... can anyone confirm the sale of tickets at Famous Players?

11. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    But I still want my midnight screening to witness all the hype... can anyone confirm the sale of tickets at Famous Players?

This is what they said on tfn

Advanced tickets are on sale here in Atlantic Canada. Got mine. :D

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I changed the title after reading the TFN report.

It might be best to call your local theatre.

13. Darth Trypsin

Darth Trypsin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    Anybody been able to buy tickets off MovieTickets.com/ for famous players yet?

14. Fobok

Fobok Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    Not yet, and it's really annoying. I can't get out to the theatre myself due to transportation problems (transporting a big wheelchair is a problem and Thorold has no wheelchair transit that I've been able to find), so I know I've probably missed my chance to get in the first showing.

15. youngvader

Jun 21, 1999
    Nope. Still waiting.

16. Fobok

Fobok Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    Tickets for Famous Players are now available at Movietickets.com. :)

17. Darth Trypsin

Darth Trypsin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    Not for Prince George, apperntly PG didn't even have a midnight showing for ATOC, better have one this time around, looks like I'll be calling the theatre.

18. youngvader

Jun 21, 1999
    I'll be buying them tonight after work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.