main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] Does anyone go HCSF for non-SW movies?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by durga2112, May 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. durga2112

durga2112 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    (I hope this thread is not out of place here. It's not about SW, but since this is perhaps the biggest gathering of spoiler-free SW fans on the net, I can't think of another place to ask about this.

Also, I've marked it as HCSF so that our HCSF members will actually be able to participate :))

First of all, I have to express my admiration for those of you who have made it this far without seeing any trailers or other information about ROTS. As much as I dislike being spoiled, I welcome trailers and little tidbits of official information because they help build my excitement for a movie.

With that said, I would like to know if you do this just for SW movies, or are there other movies that you do this for as well? I guess it might come down to how much of a movie buff you are. Me, I don't see a whole lot of movies, so for many movies it doesn't really bother me if I get spoiled a little. But on the other hand, I'm a big music fan, and for me there are few experiences like popping a new CD into my player and hearing everything on it for the first time - if I hear something on the radio, that's fine, but I don't, for example, seek outsound clips from Amazon or anything like that.

So, besides SW, do you have any other HCSF tendencies, and if so, for what?

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I don't know about HCSF...but I try to be mostly spoiler free for just about anything I am interested in. I do not watch 'scenes from next week' on TV shows and flip off commercials very quickly. I also try not to learn anything about the plots for movies I want to see.

3. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Not really with other movies, but with TV shows I do, particularly 24. I don't watch the "next week" promos, and don't watch commercials.

4. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Not a chance! When it comes to other non-SW movies or tv shows, I need spoilers.

5. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    ^^^

Me too, actually. I hate "sneak peek" bits [face_plain]

I'm also doing my best to become HCSF for WWE RAW and SmackDown...

6. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Well, if it's a movie that I'm really interested in, then I don't want to know much about it. But I don't think I'm completely hard core about not knowing about certain aspects of other movies. I'll certainly watch the trailers and stuff.

But for movies that I don't care about, I don't care if someone spoils me. For example: everything about House of Wax, which I highly doubt is even worth paying for, I don't care if anything is leaked to me.

7. da_muzzy

da_muzzy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2005
    Is 24 really that good? I mean, I have heard so much.

8. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    I can't recall anything non-SW that I've ever been this commited to being HCSF.

I don't really *care* about any other movies, so you could say that I'm naturally HCSF. :)

On the other hand, there is one movie that all my friends are jazzed about: "Batman Begins": Sure, I'm "entusiastic" about it too, but a part of me just sees it as a continuation of Tim Burton's vicious rape of the Batman Franchise. *Yuck*

I'm not about to get excited, and then get let down.

So, I guess I'm "Hard-Core Spoiler-Free and Wary" "HCSF&W" for "Batman Begins"? lol

9. da_muzzy

da_muzzy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2005
    Hey Winston. I saw the older Batman movie with Billy Dee Williams in it a bit earlier today and I know it was Tim Burton's movie. Did Tim Burton do the other batman movies? Cuz those seemed a lot better. If those weren't Tim Burton, does that mean this one will suck just as hardcore?

10. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    OK.

TB killed the Joker in the first movie.

Among all the other campy goof-ball 60's series crap that went on in those films, that's #1.

Can "Batman Begins" fix all of this?

I hope so (I've read the comics its "allegedly" based on), but I don't wanna know.

However, I've seen some pics of the Burtonesque Batmobile, and the Burtonesque Batsuit, I have SERIOUS doubts...

That's why I'm HCSF&W for "Batman Begins". lol

11. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I don't go out of my way to be HCSF for other movies. Most movies that I could see being HCSF for (like comic book movies and other blockbusters) don't really interest me in the first place. :p

12. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    No, not really.
    I've put more effort into avoiding spoilers for ROTS than I have for any other film, that's for sure.

13. luisgv73

luisgv73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    Can anybody explain what is HCSF?? Thanks!

14. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    Hardcore spoiler free. They don't look at anything related to the movie. Including officially released information, pictures, and video.

Ideally they would not even know the title of the movie before they got in the theater. :)

15. luisgv73

luisgv73 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    Thanks Kish!!

Then, answering to this thread: No, I don´t do this with any other movie, in fact is the other way around, I try to get as much information as possible.

16. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Ususally I just go and see the movie but I don't look up anything about it.

17. Philagape

Philagape Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Yes, 24 is that good. It often smashes the bounds of believability, but the suspense, drama and action is good enough to compensate.

18. Worst_Jedi_Ever

Worst_Jedi_Ever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Personally, I love 24, even though this season has practically been a weekly informercial for the war in Iraq. ;)

As far as HCSF for other movies, I happen to love going into a theater knowing NOTHING about what I'm about to see. I had the incredible good fortune to do this for Memento, of all movies. I hadn't heard anything about it, and when a friend said he wanted to see it, I said I'd come along, and "just for fun", I asked him not to give me any kind of synopsis or anything--I trusted his judgment and knew he'd heard good things about it. It was insane going in, having no idea of the conceit of the film, and discovering for myself the (brilliant, IMHO) contrivance that makes it what it is.

Which brings us back to Batman Begins, I guess--if for no other reason, I'm looking forward to it because I have faith in Christopher Nolan (who also directed Memento) to make a smart Batman movie.

19. Darth_Michael

Darth_Michael Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2002
    For some TV shows, like 24. For others, I just try and fail miserably.

But with most movies, I don't care enough to get spoiled in the first place. When i see it on TV, well there is not much time to get spoiled.

Starwars really is different in that aspect. completly unknown story line (except for the direction) + 3 years of suspense. Oh well 51 hours and it will all start to come to an end.

20. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I've been HCSF for all Harry Potter movies*, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and War of the Worlds, also I think I'll be HCSF for Batman Begins :)

* I've read the books of course, just I don't look at the scripts and stuff like that.

21. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I generally avoid spoilers, I mean who wants to know what happens in the movie?

I saw a promotional pic for Batman Begins, and now I know one of the major characters is going to die, which really didn't want to know.

22. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I read most of the Spider-Man 2 novel before I saw the movie, so I guess I see spoilers for others, yeah.

Most movies I don't get excited enough to care until after I see it.

23. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    I started looking at nothing but trailers for other films. The reason for that is this forum. I enjoyed not knowing about AOTc that I now try to keep to basics for other films.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.