main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] Ever fallen in love with someone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yes, obviously I'm breaking our general rule on topics relating to ROTS, but let's call this a 3NS Community thread. ;)

Have you been in love before? Are you right now? Will you be again?

I got married August 28th, so I think my answer is pretty obvious. I am a lucky man - Tina is everything I could ask for and more.

2. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    What an approproiate thread. I'm in love with someone and on this very night she stayed the night at her ex-boyfriends house. I guess she's got something to answer for tomorrow

3. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Ha ha! This thread is hilarious!

I've been in seriously in love twice, I'd say I'm newly in love with someone now. Though I haven't returned the sentiment yet, and had better hurry up before I get in trouble!

Windu - don't envy that scenario.

4. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh, Dustin I truly am happy for you. But you don't even want to know my horrible, painful history. It's truly ridiculous. I don't get it, c'mon I'm cute. Boys are dumb. :(

Needless to say, I have been in love, and yes it ended very badly. And no, I'm not in love with anyone now.

5. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Poor RS :( , dont take it out on all of us though :p

I'm only 18 but i've been in love once, don't really know if i'm in love right now :confused:

So..i guess not [face_plain]

6. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    i'm in the process of falling right now, so it's exciting. And she loves star wars, which is a definite bonus.

7. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Twice.

Rick McCallum loves you!

8. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Once, but that didn't work. Oh well.

9. JediSara

JediSara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2004
    Have you been in love before? Are you right now? Will you be again?

Yes, yes and we'll see.

10. Darth_Deagol

Darth_Deagol Jedi Master star 2

Dec 22, 2002
    Al Jorgenson pretty well summed up my love life:

Soon I discovered this rock thing was true. Jerry Lee Lewis was the devil. Jesus was an architect prior to his career as a prophet. I found myself in love with the world so there was only one thing that I could do: ding a ling lang my dang along ling long.

-Ministry Pslam 69

11. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    "Needless to say, I have been in love, and yes it ended very badly. And no, I'm not in love with anyone now. "

does that mean your single? :p

I was in love once......back when I lived in Chicago. Didn't take long after I moved away for that to end.........hoping to fall in love again.......

On a side note, RS77, you have nothing to worry about as far as getting guys. I've seen a picture of you somewhere, I think it was in a sunflower field or something, and trust me folks, the girl aint lying when she says she's cute....... :)

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Like I said, I've been unbelievably lucky, and I happened to meet Tina right when I had given up on relationships. [face_thinking]

I find it's kind of hard to meet people these days...I have quite a few single friends, men and women who I think are great and yet can't find anyone.

This could be another funny thread: are your standards too high or too low? [face_laugh]

Mine have been both at certain times in my life.

13. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Hmm giving up on relationships, so THAT'S the secret! :p

14. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I like it that the falling in love thread is HCSF spoiler free. Wouldn't want to find out my relationship ending before it happens.

15. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    "Have you been in love before? Are you right now? Will you be again?"

Yes, yes, probobly

16. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    stormcloud [face_laugh]

I need to retire. I hate playing the stupid game. And I do admit though, that I have crazy high standards. It's sad though, cos I'm like the freakin' Helen of Troy of fangirls. [face_batting] hehe :p

And thanks Typho. :)

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I should have known storm would be the first to comment on the fact I made the thread [HCSF].

I thought it would be in the first few posts, but I guess everyone is too polite to me. ;)

Except Emperor_Windu.

18. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    stormcloud......you make my day once again...........

19. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Yes (twice), yes, um.. I think it'll be best if it's the same person I love now, not someone else because things get pretty bad then.

20. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    I haven't really been in love with anyone. Some of the stuff that many people feel when they have an intense attraction to a person they see isn't true love but rather infatuation. I think love can only occur when you've actually had a relationship with that person and have knowledge about that person's inner self.

21. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    Congrats, G_M, on your marriage! I hope you two have many, many happy years together.

I fell in love for the first time in junior high. Yes, yes I was young. How would I know I was in love? But now, if and when I do think about her, I still believe to this day I was in love with her. It was her eyes, I could just see the love she had for me in her eyes. I still remember how she looked at me when we hugged, it was special.

Now, however, I am married to my truly wonderful wife of almost three years and definitely better half (although I'll never admit that in public!). She is truly a blessing in my life and has made me a better person. Our love has produced our two wonderful babies and I couldn't be happier!

Interestingly enough, I met my wife shortly after I had decided that I would probably spend my life single. I had certain standards that I had wanted a woman to have for me to be serious about her. I dated a long time before I decided to do plan my life on my own. I simply didn't want to compromise my beliefs just to be married. I wasn't depressed or anything like that, I just had certain values that were and still are very important to me. Other things I could work with, I just wanted to "stick to my guns" and follow what I believe is important. I think it's very important in any serious relationship to discuss what is truly important to each other. It definitely has made my wife and I a stronger couple.

22. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I [face_love] my Nikki.

23. Jedi_Master_Anakin

Jedi_Master_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    I'm completely and utterly in love with my significant other. Samantha is the greatest blessing I've ever gotten. It may sound Corny, but I think she is perfect in eevry sense of the word. So yes... Yes I have been in love, and I'm "loving" it! HA!!

JMA

24. Obi-Bob

Obi-Bob Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 1999
    I've been madly in love for ten years. However, after two years of marriage, my wife and I are having problems. I pray every day that we can work it out, yet I don't know if she can see past the problems.

Love is the best, and worst, emotion we have. The past month has been the most painful experience in my life. Something you wouldn't wish on anyone. But, love is actually worth it. Merriage is such a deep commitment. It should not be taken lightly. It is tough work, but when you're in love it is all worth the effort.

Sorry to bring you guys down, but sometimes it helps to let it out. You know, I wish there were spoilers. The waiting to see if we can get through this is what makes it so hard.

25. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Love exaggerates every thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.