main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] Ever fallen in love with someone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Yes I have fallen in love with someone, and still am

Its kind of funny how it happened, when I met said guy. I didn't like him at all, He was very quiet around me and becuase of this I thought he was just blowing me off.

Later, I find out the reason he was so quiet around me was that I frightned him ;)

I will be two years on January 31st (We met on New Years) It was odd, the way that it just kind of snuck up. When I met him I had just been hurt pretty bad and hated pretty much anything with XX chromozones :p

I wasn't looking to meet anyone, least of all was I looking for love. But we got to know each other and it may have taken awhile, but it happened and I fell for him.

Then the time came where he did say those 3 words, and I said them back. I remeber that day becuase it wasn't something said out of instinct, It was something that for the first time ever that I meant with all my heart.

2. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    i'm married and have kids so i guess i'm still in love.....;)

3. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I feel like I'm the only swingin' single on this board. ;)

4. MYMUTHAZ

Apr 17, 2001
    well enjoy it damnit!!;)

hey at least we got some winking action going!!!

5. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I feel like I'm the only swingin' single on this board.

You are not alone....so ;)

6. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Ah, but your cyber heart belongs to another, Obi_Frans. :p

7. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    When you're right, you're right [face_love]

8. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Yeah. It's great of a little while and then it becomes Hell. As to whether or not I'll be stupid enough to find myself in that trap again, I don't know.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Ah yes.

Beneath that steely exterior beats a heart of stone.

10. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Ironic that this web forum (Star Wars no less!) has a female swinging single and a bunch of non-single guys. What are the odds of that?

11. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Once again, the voice of reason.

I'm not sure that says good things about you guys, or bad things about me. [face_thinking]

12. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Being single is vastly underrated.

13. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    I was gonna say it was vastly overrated... but then again... I'm a chick.

14. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I've got to agree with stormcloud8 on that one.
    Don't mind me, GARTH. I'm packing up to move right now and found some old trinkets that reopened a few old wounds.

15. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Being single in the 'I-hate-people-of-the-opposite-gender' mindset is certainly not healthy in the long term, but interludes of healthy singleness are excellent and very good for the soul. And there's nothing more attractive than a person of the opposite sex who is single and totally happy with it, just living their life.

16. lomion

lomion Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2004
    Nothing wrong with being single, but in the long run I find I prefer having a partner in life. I am the type to get into long term relationships over quick flings though.

I have in the past thought I was in love with someone, but in the end it was not that when I look back on it. I am still hoping to find that person someday. There are people who have come up that have made me stop and go hmmm. I won't force it though. Whatever comes, comes.

17. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Yes, I'm in love. Unfortunately, she broke up with me about 3 months ago.

18. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Funny how people are crawling out of the woodwork for this.

;) @ Dust

19. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I guess that it is time for me to chime in as well. My girlfriend used to lurk on these boards, so I didn't want to say something all gushy and end up embarrassing myself.

So...I won't. But I will tell you that I am in love. :D

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

20. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm........single......and somewhat attractive..... (but don't look at my profile pic for a regular photo, it's after I got sprayed in the face with mace) See the thing is, older women make me nervous, so even though RebelScum77 is the cuteness and she lives in a relatively decent vicinity from where I am, I don't think I could ever date her. I'm 20 (look more like 17 or 18), she's 24. Way outta my league. (Although I do have a striking resemblance to Hayden Christensen...........) Yeah, bet that caught your attention! ;)

ok, so i sorta have a cyber crush.......nothing wrong with that I guess.......

21. BescinPrix

BescinPrix Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2004
    Have I been in love, am I still? Yes, I have and am.

In 2 days it will be my fourth wedding anniversary, and any time now, our first child, a son, will be born.

When I met my wife, I wasn't really looking to find someone to share my life with. I was staying at my roommate's house for spring break, and he was going out to watch a movie with his girlfriend. So I wouldn't stay home alone, nor be the odd-person-out, he asked a co-worker of his to come out with us... Once I saw her, though, I knew I would be with her forever. I think I am the first guy in the world for whom "The Matrix" brings romantic memories :)

22. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Aw, thanks Typho. [face_blush] I'll see you at C3 I'm sure. ;)

23. MYMUTHAZ

Apr 17, 2001
    well the grass is always greener thats all there is to it.
    i had a long strech of being single & not being able to hold a relationship. all i wanted then was something serious & committed.
    now, of course, i think about being single and meeting someone new and what not. but if that happened i'd probably want my wife back.

24. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    ah yes, the grass is always greener, isn't it?

But then sometimes it's a mirage, and it's actually burning hot lava, and you wish you could put your feet back on the cool, green grass.

I was definitely NOT interested in going out with anyone when I met my wife.

The interesting thing is, I never would have met her if I hadn't failed Spanish.

You need to take 6 credits in a language course to get an BA at my university, so I took Spanish, stopped going halfway through the year, and wound up failing the course.

So a couple years later I decided to take Ukrainian to please my Baba (grandmother), met a girl there, started hanging out with her as friends, and one night she invited me out to go dancing at a club and that her friend Tina was there.

And that's that.

There seems to be a (relatively) recurring theme whereby people meet when they don't want to go out with anyone. [face_thinking]

Although I had to get through the bitter stage and into the "I am enjoying being single" stage before I starting going out again. [face_laugh]

25. MYMUTHAZ

Apr 17, 2001
    yeah it doesn't happen until you stop looking or stop trying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.