main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] In an effort to get to know everyone here better...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jedi Greg Maddux, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe_1

Sabe_1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    Nice to see a mixture of ages and tastes on the forums.

2. I_am_Padme

I_am_Padme Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2003
    Real name (first name's fine): Louise

Age: 16 (at home cause I've just left school after exams!!Yeh!!)

When you first found the JC: been a regular on the force.net however only recently just found the forums

When you first got into SW: brought up watching the films, only got really into it about 4yrs ago

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): caffe latte's and appletize

Fave food: Chinese takeaways especially sweet and sour chicken ;)

Fave book: Philip Pullman's Dark Materials Trilogy, HP, and of course the LOTR

Fave movies (non-SW):Donnie Darko, Moulin Rouge, Titanic, Matrix, Never Been Kissed, Lord of the Rings (mmmm Orlando!!! [face_love] )

Fave sports: Yoga, also lovin Wimbledon COME ON TIM!!

Fave bands: Does Celine Dion count... only jokin I grew out of that faze! can I redeem myself by saying that I love JT too?!

3. PhantomVamp81

PhantomVamp81 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2003
    Real name (first name's fine): Kristi

When you first found the JC: Pretty recently, though I've been going to tf.net for years.

When you first got into SW: I know I saw it when I was really young, but I only remember Ewoks ... I got back into again when it came to the theaters with the SE.

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Mint Chocolate Iced Coffee, Oolong Tea, Code-Red Mountain Dew

Fave food: anything chocolate! (Though I do love Italian and Chinese food too.)

Fave book: Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, The Simarillian by J.R.R. Tolkien and Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux

Fave movies (non-SW): Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail, Moulin Rouge, Momento, Matrix, and the tv movie Bablyon 5: In the Beginning

Fave sports: I don't do any sports, but I like to watch most of them, especially basketball, golf and auto racing

Fave bands: Metallica, Ozzy, Evanescence, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Kidney Thieves, Midnight Syndicate, Iced Earth, Drain S.T.H. and Nickelback

4. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    I started lurking here a few months ago and I don't often post, but that's subject to change now that the film's under production. ;)

Real name (first name's fine): Emily

When you first found the JC: Last May. At least, that's when I found it for good. And I swear, I wasn't a part of the AotC madness. It's pure coincidence. ;)

When you first got into SW: My mother swears I saw RotJ in the theater when I was an infant, but having been born in Decemeber of 84, I believe she's crazy. I really got into SW when I was 10 or 11 with 'Dark Force Rising' and seeing ESB on tv. Before that, it was just stupid boy stuff. :p

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Rasberry lemonade, chocolate milk, various frozen fruit drinks (non-alcoholic, of course ;) )

Fave food: Ricotta cheese pasta shells, BBQ chicken pizza, Oriental salad...

Fave book: All kinds of sci-fi... Anything Tolken is good, as well as many SW EU books, and I'm also a fan of the sciency side (non-fiction). I couldn't pick a favorite, though.

Fave movies (non-SW): LotR, Jurassic Park, Contact, Pulp Fiction, X-Files Movie, MST3K: The Movie, Indy... Think I need to branch out a little? :p

Fave sports: To play: soccer, rugby, golf; I don't really watch much sports, with the exception of being dragged to a college football game or a little basketball.

Fave bands: Foo Fighters, Bush, Queens of the Stone Age, Deftones

5. Chewbeatle

Chewbeatle Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2002
    Real name (first name's fine): Dylan

When you first found the JC: either right before TPM or right after... I've been reading-not-posting which is (obviously) changing now

When you first got into SW: before I can remember, though I've been a crazy-go-nuts fan since the Special Editions

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Pepsi, baby! Oh, and Root Beer Freezes from Dairy Queen...

Fave food: You know it gots to be pizza! And anything in alfredo...

Fave book: LOTR (duh), and Harry Potter

Fave movies (non-SW): Anything by Mel Brooks (hooray for Spaceballs and Young Frankenstein), LOTR, The Beatles Anthology (I guess that's a favorite DVD, not movie... oh well)

Fave sports: Baseball... Twins in '03!

Fave bands: The Beatles, Wings, The Beatles' solo stuff (seeing a trend, anyone?), AFI, Rancid, NOFX, Pennywise, 311, and way more that I guess I could type up too, but I won't. Oh well...

6. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    Real name (first name's fine): Nate

When you first found the JC: Right after TPM, i was hooked after that
    When you first got into SW: early 90s when i was about 5 or 6
    Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Ice Tea, Coke, Vanilla Coke, .

Fave food: Pizza of course, hahahaha

Fave book: Shatterpoint

Fave movies (non-SW): LOTR:TTT, Emma, The Mummy, all star wars movies are my faves
    Fave sports: baseball, basketball, football
    Fave bands: Blink 182, Sum 41, cold, chili peppers, oh and my most fav---INCUBUS

7. Ben_Max

Ben_Max Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001

When you first found the JC: I believe it was a couple of months before TPM came out.

When you first got into SW: I've been a fan my whole life because my older brother was a Star Wars fan. He was born in 1977.

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Pepsi and Mountain Dew Live Wire

Fave food: steak

Fave book: Traitor by Matthew Stover

Fave movies (non-SW): Lord of the Rings, Braveheart, Kevin Smith's movies, and Indiana Jones

Fave sports: football (American)

Fave bands: Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, and Nirvana

8. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Real name (first name's fine): Sandi

When you first found the JC:At the midnight showing of ATOC I met the friendly people of the Houston Fan-Force. I actually went to a meeting before I joined on the boards.

When you first got into SW: nominally my whole life but especially since 1995

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Chocolate milk

Fave food: Ice cream, pizza, hambugers, french fries, pasta, porkchops, ect...

Fave book:The Outlaws of Sherwood by Robin McKinley

Fave movies (non-SW):I can never pick just one and a brief list would be impossible.

Fave sports:I like to swim; I hate jocks.

Fave bands:Eve6, Offsring, Blink182, All American Rejects, Matchbox 20, The Starting Line, Queen, the Beatles, The b-52's; I'm sure you get the picture.

I have this tendency for liking everything.

9. Mauls_Other_Half

Mauls_Other_Half Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2001

When you first found the JC: Sometime around 1999 I think.

When you first got into SW: It was about my eighth birthday (1978). I hadn't seen Star Wars yet, but I had a cool Aunt who was a Star Wars fan, and she bought me three Kenner action figures as birthday presents - C-3PO, Darth Vader and X-Wing pilot Luke. I can remember playing with them all afternoon while my Dad cooked a barbeque lunch.

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Coffee.

Fave food: Spaghetti Bolognaise

Fave book: Zig-Zag Street, by Nick Earls.

Fave movies (non-SW) : Aliens, Die Hard, Lord Of The Rings, Terminator.

Fave sports: Beach Volleyball

Fave bands: U2, Crowded House, Cruel Sea, Miles Davis, John Coltrane, REM.

10. GreenwoodSith

GreenwoodSith Jedi Master star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    Real name (first name's fine): Russell

When you first found the JC: in the heat and boredom of summer, randomly clicking around theforce.net

When you first got into SW: 1993 (sometime around there when I saw a star wars episode of the muppets)

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Water, iced tea, milk, Dr. Pepper

Fave food: Chicken pot pie, fries, steak, garlic bread, pasta, fried stuff

Fave book: Franny and Zooey, Cat's Cradle, A Yellow Raft in Blue Water

Fave movies (non-SW): The Matrix, Lotr, Twelth Night, Airplane!, The Emperor's New Groove

Fave sports: Running (long distance), ultimate frisbee, tennis

Fave bands: Ben Folds Five, Ben Folds, the Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, Weezer

tadaa

11. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Upping for our newer members :)

12. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I'll just post an update of myself to get things moving again.

Real name (first name's fine): Jason

Location: Fort Collins, Colorado (well, I'm moving there at the end of the semester so what the hell. And the University of Colorado still sucks :))

When you first found the JC: Several weeks before TPM

When you first got into SW: 1995

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Mountain Dew, Pepsi, water, blue milk

Fave food: Pizza, sirloin steak, chef salad with ranch, anything Mexican, sweet and sour pork (god my food tastes are so dull :))

Fave book: LOTR trilogy (so shoot me :p)

Fave movies (non-SW): Anything James Bond, Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Cheech and Chong: Up In Smoke, Cheech and Chong: Still Smoking, LOTR Trilogy, Austin Powers trilogy, Dumb and Dumber, Indy Trilogy, Grumpy Old Men, Tommy Boy, Blazing Saddles

Fave tv shows: SportsCenter, South Park, Ed Edd and Eddy (hilarious)

Fave sports: Baseball, darts, ice fishing and football

Fave bands: AC/DC, Metallica, Nazareth, Pantera, Slayer, Disturbed, Downcore, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Styx, Foreigner, Powerman 5000

Remarkable how things have changed over the past 6 months.

13. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Alright I'll bite since I'm wasting time this morning ;)

When you first found the JC: I first seriously started using it last May.

When you first got into SW: high school with the Special Editions. I saw ESB on my first date :p But again, I didn't get really into it until this past summer.

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Mt. Dew, orange juice, mocha

Fave food: broccoli, mushrooms, pancakes, falafel, dark chocolate (pretty much anything I can eat- I'm a vegan)

Fave book: Ender's Game (whole series), Harry Potter series, Jurassic Park, The Thrawn Trilogy, Tao Te Ching

Fave movies (non-SW): LOTR Trilogy, Harry Potter, Back to the Future Trilogy, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Princess Bride, Holy Grail, Titanic, Romeo and Juliet, Gladiator, Moulin Rouge

Fave sports: Formula One racing, hiking, mountain biking, skiing

Fave bands: silverchair, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, The Vines, The White Stripes, Oasis, Nirvana, Jump Little Children, Bush, Foo Fighters, Apocalyptica, The Living End... but I most often listen to soundtrack scores

14. sharkboy

sharkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    Real name John

Country Republic of Ireland

A fan of Star Wars since 1980 when I saw the Empire strikes back

Age 29

Favourite drink wine and beer not at the same time of course.

Hobbies I am a sc fi nut I am into computer games dvds and movies in general.

Fave food hot currys chicken korma ect.

I like other things but lets keep the board a clean place lol.

And to just let some of you good folks in the old USA know Ireland does not have any little green people or pots of gold at the end of a rainbow and the last time I seen a sheep it was in little bits in my curry.

15. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Real name (first name's fine): Chris

When you first found the JC: visited the site when I was in hs, but at the time I wa just not into chatrooms. But, I really got into this site, about the time I joined, I was lurking for a bit, and I had to post my replies

When you first got into SW: As long as I could remember, I stole my older brother's action figures.

Fave drinks: Beer and Ice-Tea, when I was in college those were the only two things I would drink, and they would serve to counter-balance the other.

Fave food: Chicken Parmesean, Seafood, and I believe Cheese & baacon make everything better

Fave book: Black Mass ~ excellent read about how the FBI was in bed w/ the Irish Mafia in Boston.

Fave movies (non-SW): As far as DVDs go: I have my Kevin Spacey collection: Usual Suspects, se7en, American Beauty, Mel Brooks comedies, anything w/ Bill Murray, plus Im working on my Ed Norton Collection: I have Fight Club, need to get Death to Smoochie and Primal Fear.
    Plus I love Braveheart, Gladiator, Perfect Storm, and Memento.
    (Wow that was long)

Fave sports: Hockey (Lets GO Islanders), Baseball (Lets GO Mets), and American football (Lets GO Giants)(Lets GO Irish)

Fave bands Zep, Stones, Beattles, Pogues, Wolfetones, The White Stripes, The Strokes, GnR, Incubus, really looking forward to the new AudioSlace, as long as it doesn't go political.

16. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Real name (first name's fine): Alexander Riperti Rico

When you first found the JC: Back in 2002 on a Google search engine when looking for a cool SW message board :D .

When you first got into SW: I when I first viewed the films and fell in love with the fast-paced action sequences as well as the fantasy worlds protrayed ;) .

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, & Brisk :) .

Fave food: Anything- Mexican, Itailan, & American this includes but is not limited to In-n-Out ;) :D .

Fave book: The Bible! :cool:

Fave movies (non-SW): Jurassic Park, LOTR, & anything christian in nature :) .

Fave sports: I do not play sports :( , consider me un-atheletic 8-} . But I do like to watch on occasion Football, and Basktetball.

Fave bands: Relient K, Thrid Day, OC Supertones, & many more Christian bands :cool:

17. Blyte_the_Noghri

Blyte_the_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2003
    Real name (first name's fine): Tim

When you first found the JC: I do not remember, sometime before AOTC.

When you first got into SW: 1977-- I was five years old and my dad took me to see my first movie! I was in awe and hooked from then on.

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Gatorade

Fave food: Steak

Fave book: No real favorites, but I enjoy several writers: Tolkein, CS Lewis, Robert Jordan, George Martin, Frank Peretti, John Eldridge

Fave movies (non-SW): LOTR trilogy, SW movies, Braveheart, Spaceballs, I cannot wait for Mel Gibson's "The Passion"

Fave sports: American Football (Shame my Panthers fell just short this year--great game though), College basketball--I live for March Madness (UK Rules--Go Cats!)

Fave bands: FFH, Switchfoot, Mercy Me, Big Daddy Weave

18. Malaki

Malaki Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2003
    Real name (first name's fine): Kevin

When you first found the JC: Couple of years ago, I stumbled into the JC and found the ESS, though I had known about TFN for a long time.

When you first got into SW: For as long as I can remember. I was just born when ANH came out so I missed out on that and ESB too, but I know I saw ROTJ in theatres for sure. Before that it was all on tape :)

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Mountain Dew

Fave food: Pizza, Chicken Cordon Blu

Fave book: Battlefield Earth (the movie sucked)

Fave movies (non-SW): LOTR, James Bond, and who knows what else.

Fave sports: Boring!!!

Fave bands: Therapy?, Korn, Linkin Park (go ahead and laugh, I know you want to :p )

19. Darth_Dragon_7

Darth_Dragon_7 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    Real name (first name's fine): John

When you first found the JC: About a month before AOTC

When you first got into SW: I've always likes SW, I didn't become a SW nerd untill after TPM

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Mountain Dew

Fave food: Cheeseburgers, anything Italian

Fave book: Don't Stand Too Close To A Naked Man by Tim Allen

Fave movies (non-SW): POTC, LOTR trilogy, Office Space, Gone In 60 Seconds, Oceans 11, Friday, Half Baked...that's all I can think of right now

Fave sports: Basketball, American Football

Fave bands: Cold, Godsmack, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Drowning Pool, Staind(other than their new CD), Korn, Nickelback, Mudvayne, Three Doors Down, Metallica, Puddle of Mud, Spineshank, Trust Company

The Cold army will overtake the music world

20. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002

When you first found the JC: About 2 weeks before I registered...late May 2002. I lurked for a bit in the prequel forums and finally got the nerve to join.

When you first got into SW: 1997.

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Gatorade (almost all flavours), milk, water, apple juice, grape juice, Capri Sun, Mountain Dew.

Fave food: Pizza, tacos, chicken, nachos, steak, hamburgers, hotdogs, spam, hamburger helper.

Fave book: The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, anything Star Wars EU, Heroes Die

Fave movies (non-SW): The Lord of the Rings, Strange Brew, Happy Gilmore, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Big Trouble

Fave sports: Cross country/track

Fave bands: Van Halen, Guns n Roses, Godsmack, Three Days Grace, Creed, AC/DC, Sevendust ... and countless other bands.

21. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Real name (first name's fine): Bryan :p

When you first found the JC: I joined in 2002 as AuronX182, but I didn't stay. I registered again the following year. :( :)

When you first got into SW: When the SE was released in 97. :D

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Root Beer.

Fave food: Chinese.

Fave book: Lord of the Rings

Fave movies (non-SW): Godfather, LoTR, Kill Bill, Goodfellas, Reservoir Dogs. :D :D :)

Fave sports: Cross Country :p

Fave bands: Catch-22 is my most favorite. :) :)

22. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Real name (first name's fine): Lawrence

When you first found the JC: Jan 2003.

When you first got into SW: '79 saw ANH on VHS.

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Apple Juice.

Fave food: Chinese/Indian.

Fave book: Rise and Fall of The Third Reich - William L. Shirer

Fave movies (non-SW): Ben Hur ('59 version), Midnight Express, Star Trek IV, Lethal Weapon, The God's Must be Crazy, Nuns on the Run (funniest movie of all time [face_laugh]), Back to School

Fave sports: Soccer/Tennis

Fave bands: MB20, Survivor, Toto

23. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Real name (first name's fine): Forrest

When you first found the JC: I think it was right after AOTC(This is my 3rd account.)

When you first got into SW:I can't remember ever not being into it

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Pepsi Vanilla, YooHoos,Bannana Snapples

Fave TV Shows:The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, X-Play, The Screen Savers,Call for Help, The Simpsons,Whose Line Is It Anyway?,SNL,Kids in the Hall

Fave food: Pizza, Nachos, Calzones, Hot Dogs

Fave books: Either The Unifying Force, the A New Hope novelization, Survivor's Quest,Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy,Spider-Man

Fave movies (non-SW): Men in Black, UHF,Spaceballs,The Matrix,Pirates of the Carribean, X-Men, X2

Fave sports: Basketball and American Football

Fave bands: AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix, Aerosmith, 3 Doors Down, The Beatles, John Williams, "Weird Al" Yankovic

24. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Real name (first name's fine): Ed

When you first found the JC: A little before AOTC. I lurked for a while.

When you first got into SW: when I was little

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Soda, OJ

Fave food: Italian and Greek food

Fave book: Almost anything Isaac Asimov. Prelude to Foundation, Forward the Foundation, Foundation, Foundation and Empire, Second Foundation, Foundation's Edge, Foundation and Earth, I, Robot, The Caves of Steel, The Naked Sun, The Robot's of Dawn, Robots and Empire, Jurassic Park, The Thrawn Trilogy.

Fave movies (non-SW): Indiana Jones Trilogy, ET, AI, Jurassic Park (first two films), Planet of the Apes (original), Minority Report, Close Encounters of the third kind, etc.

25. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Real name (first name's fine): Erin

When you first found the JC: I didn't find it, it found me. The CR for my local Fan Force found me on an online dating service...

When you first got into SW: I've enjoyed the movies for as long as I can remember. But I really got interested in it when I was about 16 years old. I found a book that my brother had bought. I was bored and starting reading it and have been "wait in line two weeks for a ticket" hooked ever since.

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Mountain Dew, Guarana

Fave food: Mexican, Italian, French crepes, black olives.

Fave book: The Virginian by Owen Wister

Fave movies (non-SW): Shawshank Redemption, Lonesome Dove, What the Deaf Man Heard, The Fugitive, Pocket Full of Miracles, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

Fave sports: Flag football, ballroom dancing, basketball (go Jazz!) lasertag, dating.

Fave bands: Barenaked Ladies, Aerosmith, Third Eye Blind

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.