main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] In an effort to get to know everyone here better...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jedi Greg Maddux, Apr 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    you egomaniac. ;)

I'd bet you're the only person who lists specific wines and jazz artists in their bio on the entire JC! [face_laugh]

2. bswb

bswb Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    Late night coffee's got me buzzed, so I can't get to sleep...why not read message boards? ;)

First Name: Mike
    When you first found the JC: Lurked before AOTC and got semi-spoiled...stayed away until joining 3NS about 5 or 6 months ago.
    When you first got into Star Wars: Since I came out of the womb! One of my favorite childhood memories is my dad taking me to Toys R Us so I could get the Echo Base playset.
    Fave drinks: Cherry coke (non alcohol), Newcastle Brown Ale (alcohol)
    Fave food: Mexican
    Fave books: High Fidelity, Interview with the Vampire, Le Morte D'Arthur
    Fave movies: High Fidelity, Interview with the Vampire (imagine that!), Strange Days, X2, Amelie
    Fave sports: Hockey (San Jose Sharks), Tennis, Baseball (The steroid enhanced SF Giants)
    Fave bands/artists: Blur, Pulp, INXS, U2, Tanya Donelly/Belly, David Bowie, Smiths/Morrissey, The Replacements

I'm surprised that there are this many hockey fans on 3NS. Every day without the NHL is at least one day closer to ROTS-that's the ONLY way I'm coping!

3. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    bswb i feel your pain w/ the lockout, heck my nephew still cries over it. hopefully the big men acting like little children over money will soon grow up.

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Jedi Master star 1

Jun 29, 2001
    Garth Maul,

I promise I'm not this pretentious in person! :eek:

;)

5. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    anyone else here play music?

6. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    ^Im learning the bagpipes

7. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    ok, why not. :p

When you first found the JC: August 02. I don't really even remember why I was on the site in the first place.

When you first got into SW:/b] 1997, with the release of the SE's

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): lemonade, water

Fave food:[/i] Anything Italian. [face_love]

Fave book: Catcher in the Rye, Harry Potter (all 5)

Fave movies (non-SW): Moulin Rouge, Aladdin, Emperor's New Groove, lots more...

Fave sports: Baseball

Fave bands: Maroon 5, The Killers, Franz Ferdinand...

And I play the piano, am trying to learn the guitar, and I sing. Hooray.

8. MYMUTHAZ

Apr 17, 2001
    bagpipes rule!
    i've been playing bass for 12 years now. i play guitar too.
    and i sing a little

9. zap2012

zap2012 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2002
    Real name (first name's fine): Andy

When you first found the JC: sometime between TPM and AOTC

When you first got into SW: i don't even remember... when i was in elementary school, i have a vague memory of someone talking about the scene in ROTJ where luke takes of vader's mask, but i can't remember the first time i saw the movies. i know that, by the time the SEs came out, i had already watched them, cause i saw ESB and ROTJ in the theatres then

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): water

Fave food: sushi

Fave book: LOTR, harry potter, 100 years of solitude, confederacy of dunces

Fave movies (non-SW): LOTR, garden state, anything wes anderson

Fave sports: i don't really like sports

Fave bands: the smashing pumpkins, modest mouse, sigur ros

10. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000

When you first found the JC: 1998 or 1999.. lurked for 2 or so years before registering

When you first got into SW: 1997 when dad took me to see them

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): grapefruit juice

Fave food: Thai, Bulgarian, Turkish, Mexican, anything spicy and with as little meat as possible

Fave book: I don't know.. read too many and loved too many. 1984, lots and lots of science fiction, some of it very old school, dark stuff and some bloody hilarious things like H2G2 and Prattchet. And my second fandom - Harry Potter.

Fave movies (non-SW): Amelie, Harry Potter, Bladerunner, Nightmare Before Christmas, The Crow, Life as a House, Frida, Last Samurai (that's just from the top of my head)

Fave sports: tennis, biking around town and out in the hills, swimming

Fave bands: again too many to name! London After Midnight, Placebo, David Bowie, Dead Can Dance, The Cure (love them!!), Anathema, Vangelis, Death in June, the list goes on and on..

11. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    Ok,

Real name (first name's fine): Phil

When you first found the JC: I think the fall before TPM came out, but I'm not sure...(memory failing me again)!

When you first got into SW: 77' (waited in line for the movie back then, too)

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Um, let's see, Sonic cherry limeades, root beer floats, and Dr. Pepper (actually I like Mr. Pibb more, but it's so hard to find here in central Texas!)

Fave food: BBQ, chicken breasts with fettucine (yum!)

Fave book: Recently, I've read most of the NJO series and I've liked them fairly well; Animal Farm; Watership Down; anything about Frederick Douglass; SW novelizations; The Good Earth

Fave Movies (non SW): Most sci-fi (Dune, Close Encounters, Blade Runner, The Black Hole, Terminator, Alien, Flash Gordon (yeah, I know, go ahead and laugh); action (Indy movies, Rocky movies 1-3, very partial to martial arts), Scarface, Goodfellas; comedy (Princess Bride, any Monty Python, Adventures of Baron Machuseun(sp?), Grosse Pointe Blank, SOME Jim Carrey movies), dramas (any Tom Hanks drama, A Few Good Men, Shawshank, Glory, Victory, Good Will Hunting), horrors (Jaws, Creature from the the Black Lagoon, the Fly with Vincent Price, the Thing with Kurt Russell), musicals (Grease, West Side Story, Xanadu), animated (Pixar movies, Lion King, old version of The Hobbit, the Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe), and many others!

Fave sports: FOOTBALL IS LIFE (pigskin, that is)

Fave bands: EAGLES ROCK! Also, Earth, Wind and Fire; Kool and the Gang; Van Halen; Def Leppard; the Police; Journey; Sade; Lionel Richie, Depeche Mode, Bjork; Perkofiev; Tchaikovsky; Michael Jackson (80's version); Jay Perez (tejano, anyone?), Clint Black, Alan Jackson, Mahalia Jackson, Metallica, Slipknot, System of a Down, Harry Connick Jr.; Godsmack; Tool; 311; James Brown. I enjoy a wide variety!

Before I post this, I'd like to tell everyone a quote I like to acutally follow everyday. In ESB, when Luke is asking Yoda, "But how will I know the good side from the bad"? Yoda replies, "You will KNOOOOWWWWW...when you are calm, at peace". I know Yoda is talking about the Force, but I apply it as good or bad choices. I actually think about that when something bothers me at work, at home, or anywhere. I feel if I remain calm about bad situations, I can solve them. It really, really helps. Yeah, I know it's not a big secret to try to be calm when something is bothering you, but I think it makes a difference when one of your favorite characters from your favorite movie is saying it! And the way he says it, like an old friend giving good advice. I just thought I would share that with everyone, for my part.

12. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I do that with my college exams! :eek:

Too cool man!

13. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Real name (first name's fine): Tara

When you first found the JC: Well, I originally found around the time that TPM was just released in theatres, but I was really interested. Then I stumbled back on it again in March '02 looking for some local Star Wars fans.

When you first got into SW: When I was a kid

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Ice tea

Fave food: Anything Italian

Fave book: The Wastelands by Stephen King, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling, and Naked in Death by J.D. Robb.

Fave movies (non-SW): True Lies, Troy, Kill Bill, Basic Instinct, and so many more...

Fave sports: none

Fave bands: Linkin Park, Nickelback, Rob Zombie, Evanescence, Madonna, Janet Jackson...

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Ah yes, The Wastelands - the best of the Dark Tower series, although I haven't read the last one yet.

I sing and play guitar.
    Used to be in a band called Smiling Politely. Still play acoustic by myself.

I live in Edmonton, and the city is definitely affected by not having the Oilers around, but I'm coping. I'm back into the NBA again this year.

15. zap2012

Mar 27, 2002
    "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
    "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

is that where your name came from?

andy

16. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    excellent. I'm very impressed.

As a huge Pumpkins and Simpsons fan, I thought it was apropos.

Just got back from seeing REM, fantastic show although their new album isn't that great.

17. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    First Name: Patrick
    When you first found the JC: June 99, one month after TPM.
    When you first got into Star Wars: 1977, I was 4 years old.
    Fave drinks: Apple Juice
    Fave food: T-Bone
    Fave books: Lord of the Rings, Wheel of Time saga
    Fave movies: Lord of the Rings, Star Wars EP I to VI, Willow, Braveheart
    Fave sports: NFL Football (New England Patriots), Tennis, Hockey (Montreal Canadians), Baseball (Atlanta Braves)
    Fave bands/artists: Pink Floyd, Genesis and Phil Collins, Enya, U2, The Cranberries.

18. zap2012

Mar 27, 2002
    excellent, garth, that's one of the best band names ever... simultaneously a pumpkins and simpsons reference! yes!

andy

19. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    First Name: Jimmy

When you first found the JC: Sometime in 2000. I originally registered as Darth_Jimmy, but lost the password.

When you first got into SW: During the early 90's, when I was about five or six.

Fave drinks: Snapple's Tea & Lemonade Combo

Fave food: Seafood. All types.

Fave books: The Lord of the Rings & The Once and Future King

Fave movies (non-SW): Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jaws, The Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, Kill Bill, The Usual Suspects, Toy Story 1 & 2, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Back to the Future, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Among a few hundred others.

Fave sports: Baseball, Football, Tennis, Golf

Fave bands/artists: The Beatles.

20. MadDOgg

MadDOgg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 1999
    First Name: Tucker
    When you first found the JC: sometime in 1998, i think
    When you first got into Star Wars: when i saw return of the jedi at the theater in 1983
    Fave drinks: chocolate milk
    Fave food: spaghetti and meatballs
    Fave books: anything by rudyard kipling. captains courageous, just so stories, you name it.
    Fave movies: wayne's world 1 & 2, billy madison, happy gilmore, jerky boys
    Fave sports: football, tennis, swimming, hiking
    Fave bands/artists: the clash, the ramones, older punk stuff

21. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    Real name (first name's fine): Frank

When you first found the JC: December 2001

When you first got into SW: 1999, around the time TPM came out. After I saw EP1, I was instantly drawn to the fact that a little kid would turn into the "huge black robot with a cape" (that was my interpretation of Darth Vader back then)

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): Any drink is good for me

Fave food: Pizza, sphagetti, pasta, sirloin steak, seafood, Chinese food

Fave book: The Godfather by Mario Puzo

Fave movies (non-SW): Just to name a few: The Godfather I and II, The Shawshank Redemption, Good Will Hunting, Gladiator, The Road to Perdition, Castaway.

Fave sports: Basketball

Fave bands: Don't have a favorite band or artist in particular, but I listen to R&B primarily.

22. JediSara

JediSara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2004
    Real name (first name's fine): Sara

When you first found the JC: Last year, I think. Joined in August this year.

When you first got into SW: May 2002

Fave drinks (non-alcoholic): milk?

Fave food: pasta

Fave book: The Green Mile, Harry Potter, Where the heart is..

Fave movies (non-SW) : Spiderman, Sleepy Hollow, E.T., Finding Nemo :p , Den Osynlige.. and many more..

Fave sports: soccer

Fave bands: Evanescence

23. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    It's great to be here and meet all of you. [face_cowboy]

When you first found the JC: Sept. 2004

When you first got into SW: After seeing ROTJ (1983)

Fave drink (non-alcoholic): Reverse-osmosis water

Fave foods: Mexican (vegan)

Fave books: The Desire of Ages

Fave movies (non-SW): Remember the Titans, The Mighty Ducks (1-3), Iron Will, National Treasure, The Rookie

Fave sports: The Tour De France, triathlons

Fave bands: Selah; Phillips, Craig, and Dean; Steven Curtis Chapman; FFH; MercyMe

I have to tell ya', though, that Stormtrooper outfit I wore as a kid on Halloween really turned up the heat. While the "helmet" mask was about to suffocate my head, I thought I was going to morph INTO Vader, performing my own version of "Breathing!"

:cool:[face_talk_hand]:eek:

24. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    First Name: Kevin
    When you first found the JC:2004 because of my cousin lurked a little before that
    When you first got into Star Wars: 1997
    Fave drinks: Dr. Pepper
    Fave food: Pizza
    Fave books: Star Wars EU, Clancy Books
    Fave movies: Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Matrix, Monty Phython, Saving Private Ryan
    Fave sports: NFL Football(Philadelphia Eagles)
    Fave bands/artists: G-Unit, Usher, Green Day, Nas, All of Roc-A-Fella, Xzibit, AC/DC, Weird Al

25. MYMUTHAZ

Apr 17, 2001
    alright so where is everyone from?????
    you don't have to get too specific, like i'll say i'm from Philly when really i live damn near an hour from the city.
    i wanted to make a new thread with this but i didn't want to push the off topic thing too far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.