main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] Korriban and Caamas?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by PDZSY, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    Yes, I'm sure GL specifically requested they include that. [/Sarcasm] ;)

I'm sure most of the small cameos are the CGI artists' doing. I don't think GL gets that involved in the details of filling in background imagery.

As for the planets, I don't want to see either. I don't care for the EU, and contradictions are welcome to me.

2. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    You forgot Kuat! [face_shocked]

...anyway, I'm currently working on a exerpts from the RPG source books about Korriban... I hope to be able to get it up in a couple of days...

3. PDZSY

PDZSY Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Darth Haggis, thanks for reminding me about Kuat! [face_laugh]
    I doubt it has any more of a chance than the others on the #10 list, but it should definitely be on there. Also, thank you very much for researching on Korriban in the RPG source books. I haven't had the opportunity to do that because I don't have many source books. It will be interesting to hear about what they have to say about Korriban. I am definitely still researching on Korriban, Caamas, etc., but I'm runnning out of new information. It would be great to uncover some new, fresh ideas. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing about what you find out!

MOSEP, I agree with you completely about the EU in Star Wars. I wish that the movies and the EU could somehow be bridged, making a unified, ongoing saga. George Lucas may not have loads of EU in the movies, but there are still a few significant examples of EU in them. Also, George Lucas is VERY careful not to contradict the EU. There have been a few contradictions, I'm sure, but nothing that changes the way we view the EU. I have an interesting story that I'd like to share. Before the New Jedi Order books and the prequel trilogy, I read an interview on George Lucas. Now, please keep in mind that it has been quite awhile since I've read this, so it may not be entirely accurate. However, I do remember the main highlights of it. George was asked if he was going to do a "sequel trilogy", and he said that he didn't think so. However, he said that if he did make them, one of the main characters will die. Later, rumors on the internet pointed to Chewbacca as being the unfortunate one. Once the sequel trilogy was decided against, the New Jedi Order came about. In the very first book, Vector Prime, Chewie was killed. He went out in a blaze of glory. It almost seems to me as though the New Jedi Order series is what Episodes VII and beyond would have been about. All I am trying to say is that the EU and the movies can coincide with each other, and make the story more ongoing and prosperous. Keep in mind that this story I told was only a rumor at the time, so it's not like an official confirmation or anything.

Well, I look forward to more speculation. Thank you.

4. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    I was kind of looking forward to a scene close to the end where we see Obi-Wan delivering Luke to Owen and Beru, and then walking off into the desert with the twin suns in the background! You've got to admit that would be pretty cool!

I agree, but, in order for this to occur, Episode III would have to span two years, and I don't know how likely that is. Luke and Leia are eighteen years old in A New Hope, and Episode III is set nineteen to twenty years before that time. I hope that works out.

4. Alderaan: I think Alderaan will play a pretty large role in Episode III. A planet as important as this, needs to have a decent amount of screen time. Besides, if it is destroyed in ANH, the audience would be more moved by its destruction if they were familiar with it.

I think it will as well. If you're interested, Han Solo spends some time on Alderaan in The Paradise Snare.

5. Geonosis: I, honestly, do not think this will be in Episode III. It was absolutely awesome in AOTC, but I can't think of any reason for it in Episode III.

Agreed.

I have heard somewhere that Kamino gets destroyed before Episode III in the Clone Wars. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, then I seriously doubt George Lucas will go against the EU that much.

A rogue faction of the CIS attacks the cloning facilities on Kamino, but I believe they are successfully repelled.

There is also that tree-like cave surging with the dark side. You know, the one where Luke fights the fake Vader. Perhaps some kind of dark battle takes place there, and the tree is corrupted by the dark side. Maybe it is the final fight between Dooku and Yoda. This is just a guess, however. A lot of things could happen.

That is my dream. :D We know that the cave was corrupted by the dark side when Yoda fought and killed a Dark Jedi there, but we don't know who that Dark Jedi was or exactly when the battle took place.
    *salivates at the possibilities* ;)

Yeah, that "Yoda vs. the Dark Jedi" thing is EU, in case anyone was wondering.

8. Kashyyyk: If Chewie's going to be in Episode III, then it is highly possible that he'll be introduced on his homeworld of Kashyyyk.

True. Let's just hope we don't get a repeat of The Star Wars Holiday Special! :p

There have been a few contradictions, I'm sure, but nothing that changes the way we view the EU.

Star Wars has incredibly good continuity. There have never been any major continuity errors, and nearly all the minor ones that have arisen have been given a plausible fix. So, as Bib Fortuna, Twi'lek would say... There are no contradictions.

I wish that the movies and the EU could somehow be bridged, making a unified, ongoing saga. All I am trying to say is that the EU and the movies can coincide with each other, and make the story more ongoing and prosperous.

In my mind, they already do. See my sig. ;)

I don't care for the EU, and contradictions are welcome to me.

After doing such a good job maintaining continuity so far, I think it would be a shame if Lucas starting contradicting things now. But, to each his own. :)

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    PDZSY, I think you're reaching a little bit there.

That interview with Lucas rings a slight bell, but that's about it. I seriously doubt he had decided for sure who was going to die, considering he had (presumably) nothing written for a sequel.

This sounds to me like revisionist history by those who want to find support for the EU in various statements by Lucas.

And how exactly has Lucas been extremely careful not to contradict the EU?

Can you give some examples?

Lucas has already contradicted the novelization of ROTJ, so I can't see him being really careful about the 986096 SW novels out there.

6. Esplin9466

Oct 27, 2002
    I seriously doubt he had decided for sure who was going to die, considering he had (presumably) nothing written for a sequel.
    Alan Arnold: Tell me more about the overall cncept of the Star Wars saga.
    George Lucas: There are essentially nine films in a series of three trilogies. The first trilogy is about the young Ben Kenobi and the early life of Luke's father when Luke was a little boy. This trilogy takes place some twenty years before the second trilogy which includes Star Wars and Empire. About a year or two passes between each story of the trilogy and about twenty years pass between the trilogies. The entire saga spans about fifty-five years.
    AA: How much is written?
    GL: I have story treatments on all nine. I also have voluminous notes, histories, and other material I've developed for various purposes. Some of it will be used, some not. Originally, when I wrote Star Wars, it developed into an epic on the scale of War and Peace, so big I couldn't possibly make it into a movie. So I cut it in half, but it was still too big, so I cut each half into three parts. I then had material for six movies. After the success of Star Wars I added another trilogy but stopped there, primarily because reality took over. After all, it takes three years to prepare and make a Star Wars picture. How many years are left? So I'm still left with three trilogies of nine films. At two hours each, that's about eighteen hours of film!

Unfortunately, more recent reports have Lucas saying that he has dropped plans for the third trilogy and the saga will contain just six films. Thus books and comics will have to serve as our sequels, hopefully the story will continue beyond this point...
    From 1980's Once Upon A Galaxy: A Journal of The Making of Empire Strikes Back by Alan Arnold (pages 247-8). "The entire saga spans about fifty-five years." Hmmm... Looks like we lost nineteen years somewhere. :p

What happened was that Episodes VI-XI were all compressed into ROTJ. Originally, the Emperor wouldn't have shown up until Episode XI, the entirety of Episode VI would have dealt with the hunt for Han Solo, Luke's sister (who wasn't Leia) showed up from somewhere, Leia became queen of her people, and so on and so forth.

And how exactly has Lucas been extremely careful not to contradict the EU?

Can you give some examples?

I wouldn't say he's been extremely careful not to, but the fact is that he hasn't.

Lucas has already contradicted the novelization of ROTJ...

That depends on who you ask. ;)

7. PDZSY

May 18, 2002
    Esplin 9066, I'm glad you took the time to tell me your opinions on the planet list I posted earlier. I, honestly, couldn't agree more with your opinions. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that Dagobah will play a part in Episode III. It would be absolutely awesome to see a fight between Yoda and Dooku there. As you said, the possibilities are endless! In case anyone's interested, I decided to look up Dagobah in the Completely Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia. Here is its entry:

Dagobah

"Primary planet in the Dagobah system, this swamp planet was home to Yoda. It is located in the Sluis sector. Near the end of the Bpfassh Dark Jedi Insurrection, one of the fleeing Dark Jedi hid on Dagobah. No one knows what happened to the Dark Jedi, but it is surmised that he died there. Furthermore, his knowledge of the Dark Side of the Force caused the planet to be bathed in Dark Side energy. This might also explain why the Jedi Master Yoda was able to hide on Dagobah during Palpatine's purge of the Jedi, since his Light Side strength would have been masked by the amount of Dark Side energy on the planet. The planet's day lasts 23 standard hours, and its year is 341 local days long."

This is a very interesting entry. It sheds a lot of light on the Dark Jedi on Dagobah mystery. I wish I knew who that Dark Jedi was. Perhaps it will be revealed in Episode III? I hope so, anyway. The thing that's bugging is what was the Bpfassh Dark Jedi Insurrection? I'll research on it tonight, and try to post some information on it tomorrow. This also brings a new possible planet into play: Bpfassh. You can bet I'll research on that too.

If anyone else has anything to say about my planets list (or maybe even make one of their own), I'm sure everyone would be glad to hear it. I know I would.

Esplin 9066, I have got to say that your signature is probably the best one I have seen on this forum.

"There is no PT. There is no OT. There is no EU. There is only Star Wars."

How right that is! That is my new response to any question about the PT, OT, and EU. It is exactly how I feel. Star Wars is Star Wars. It's as simple as that! The movies, books, Episodes I-III, and Episodes IV-VI are all equally Star Wars on the same exact awesome level! Esplin, I would like to ask your permission if I could put that signature on mine. I believe Darth Haggis has done that. I would, of course, put your name after the quote. I wanted to ask your permission before I just did it. I look forward to your answer. Thanks!

Let the speculation continue! I'll post tomorrow with info on the Bpfassh Dark Jedi Insurrection. If anyone else knows anything about this, I'd be grateful for the information. Thanks!

8. PDZSY

May 18, 2002
    Esplin 9066, thank you for posting that article with George Lucas in regards to Episodes VII-IX. As I suspected, George Lucas did have everything (most of it anyway) planned out in advance. He also does not make contradictions. George Lucas has worked closely with the authors of the New Jedi Order series to make sure that they don't do anything that he doesn't want done. In other words, from what I've read, George Lucas pays pretty close attention to what is put in the books in order to make sure that Episode III, for example, (or any other plans he has) will not contradict it. Thanks again for this article. Very informative!

9. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Here are some of the "long awaited" exerpts from the RPG Sourcebooks...
    3,997 Years before the Battle of Yavin
    Using Sith knowledge and artifacts, Satal and Aleema marshaled their forces and took control of the Empress Teta system from their relatives. The seven worlds revolted against the despots, giving the pair the chance to use their new dark powers to crush the opposition. As Republic forces and a team of Jedi Knights were dispatched to Empress Teta to put an end to the outbreak of violence, a young Jedi named Exar Kun went to find the tomb of Freedon Nadd.
    Kun broke into the tomb and found the skeletal corpse of Nadd wrapped in menacing black armor. Nadd?s spirit appeared before the young Jedi, revealing a cache of metal scrolls hidden beneath his remains. Kun took the scrolls and traveled to Korriban, the tomb world of the ancient Sith Empire. While exploring a spectacular crypt, Kun was trapped under a collapsed ceiling. Freedon Nadd?s spirit appeared once more, promising to rescue the Jedi if he surrendered to the dark side. He did, and a blast of dark power swept away the rubble and repaired his damaged body.
    Meanwhile, the battle at Empress Teta continued. On Ossus, Jedi met to discuss the implications of such strong tremors in the dark side. There, Satal and Aleema unleashed Sith war druids against the Jedi, killing the great Master Arca.
    Exar Kun next traveled to Yavin 4, where he used his newfound Sith powers to destroy the spirit of Freedon Nadd. He then proclaimed himself the Dark Lord of the Sith. Later, he joined with another fallen Jedi, Ulic Qel-Droma. The two Sith Lords vowed to bring about the return of Sith glory. ~DSSB pg. 8

10. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Sith Holocron Personalities
    ?a Sith holocron might contain the following personalities:
    • Kla, the ?gatekeeper?: An acient Jedi consular who turned to the ways of the Sith long before the coming of Darth Bane, Kla is an exotic humanoid with an encyclopedia knowledge of the Sith Empire under Naga Sadow. He lies to those who access the holocron, telling them that they can only access specific knowledge by physically attaching the holocron to ancient devices sealed in burial vaults on the Sith graveyard world of Korriban. His true intention is to lure naïve Force-users to a place where they can be possessed by Sith spirits ? including his own? ~DSSB pg. 66

11. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    The Sith Empire
    Thousands of years before the Empire dominated the galaxy, a renegade group of Jedi challenged the Masters of their Order for the freedom to explore the dark side. When they were refused, defeated, and finally forced into exile, they crossed the galaxy to find a place where they could live and learn as they chose without the interference of the Jedi Order. They came at last to a planet inhabited by a barely civilized people who called themselves the Sith. The primitive, superstitious Sith, seeing these visitors from the stars, declared the outcasts gods and promptly devoted themselves to worshiping their new masters.
    For thousands of years the renegade Jedi ruled the Sith, expanding their empire to include nearby worlds, though they managed to avoid contact with their ancient enemies. Through continued campaigns of conquest they honed their battle arts, while simultaneously adding to the fortune and glory of their empire. When they ran out of foes, they fought among themselves in bloody wars of succession. After another thousand years, the Sith Empire was dangerously close to extinction through self-annihilation. Finally, after the death of the infamous Lord of the Sith, Marka Ragnos, a Republic scout ship stumbled onto the Sith necropolis world of Korriban. This single accident of hyperspace travel set off a chain of events that would eventually see the Sith return to nearly conquer the Old Republic ? and planted the seeds for the return of the Sith, millennia later? ~DSSB pg. 69

12. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Naga Sadow, Sith Lord
    When Marka Ragnos, the Dark Lord of the Sith, finally expired after a century of iron-fisted rule, two powerful Sith Lords were in a position to claim his title as supreme ruler of the Sith Empire. Ludo Kressh had the popular support of most of the Sith, but Naga Sadow had the military might. Together they could have made a powerful combination - but naturally, they hated one another. Ragnos?s body had only been interred on the tomb-world of Korriban for a few minutes when the two began to fight over leadership. Their combat was fierce, but short, for the spirit of Marka Ragnos appeared to them, telling them of their ancient ties to the Republic and the Jedi Knights and warning them to make their decisions for the future wisely.
    At that moment, a Republic scout ship appeared in the sky over Korriban. Starbreaker 12, piloted by brother and sister explorers Gav and Jori Daragon, arrived in Sith space by accident. Seeing the funeral procession and the riches of the tombs below them, they decided to set down and make contact. The Sith immediately took them prisoner. In private council, the assembled Sith Lords argued over how to deal with the two Republic explorers, with Ludo Kressh proposing to kill the Daragons, thus preventing the Republic from learning of the Sith Empire and invading. Naga Sadow, however, welcomed an invasion, hoping to stir the Sith out of their complacency. He jump-started the Sith-Republic war by secretly freeing Gav and Jori Daragon from their imprisionment, allowing Jori to return to the Republic while keeping Gav behind to teach him the Sith arts. Jori Daragon fled back to her home world of Cinnagar, unaware that Naga Sadow had planted a tracer on Starbreaker 12.
    Meanwhile, Sadow planted evidence that the Republic had rescued the Daragons, thus forcing the other Sith to address the ?threat? posed by a Republic invasion fleet. With this ruse he convinced the other Sith Lords to declare him their new leader, and he took his place as Dark Lord of the Sith. After destroying Ludo Kressh?s flagship ? with Kressh presumably on board ? Sadow marshaled the Sith Lords and set off for Republic space with a vast battle fleet. His strike was swift and brutal, and world adter world fell before his might. Soon he threatened Coruscant itself, but was ultimately defeated and forced to retreat.
    Naga Sadow paid the price for his ambition. When he returned to Sith space, he discovered that Ludo Kressh had used his empty flagship to stage his own death. Now Kressh had his own fleet, and he fell upon Sadow?s badly damaged ships. Though Naga Sadow destroyed Ludo Kressh for certain this time, he could not enjoy his victory. A Republic fleet had followed him back to the Sith Empire and attacked while he was still recovering from his battle with Kressh?s fleet. Sadow sacrificed the remainder of his fleet so that he could escape in his flagship. Taking a cue from Kressh, he staged his own death while simultaneously destroying his pursuers between binary suns.
    His force reduced to only a handful of Sith followers and a small Massassi crew, Naga Sadow searched out a new home for the Sith Empire. Eventually, he chanced upon a small, unnamed jungle moon orbiting the yellow-orange gas giant Yavin and began construction of a permanent fortress there. In time the Republic forgot about him, and it would be almost a thousand years before anyone ventured to the small moon again. This new visitor was Jedi Knight Exar Kun, who, guided by the dark spirit of Freedon Nadd, would reclaim the ancient artifacts Naga Sadow left behind and subjugate the descendants of Sadow?s original Massassi, now devolved into barbaric savages. ~DSSB pg. 70-71

13. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Ulic Qel-Droma, former Jedi Knight, Sith Lord
    ?While Ulic infiltrated the dark side sect [lead by Satal and Aleema Keto, heirs to the throne of Cinnagar in the Empress Teta system], Exar Kun had been learning the secrets of the Sith directly from the source. He journeyed to the tomb of Freedon Nadd on Dxun, the moon of Onderon, then followed Nadd?s spirit to the Sith tomb world of Korriban and finally to the temple of the exiled Sith Lord Naga Sadow on Yavin 4. Now armed with powerful Sith artifacts and accompanied by a force of Massassi warriors, Exar Kun battled his way into the royal palace of Cinnagar, where Ulic and Aleema had just repulsed the Jedi group. Exar Kun and Ulic fought, but they were too evenly matched for either to gain the upper hand. Their battle might have gone on for hours but for the macabre manifestation of a host of Sith spirits, led by the shade of Marka Ragnos. Ragnos told Ulic and Exar Kun that they would restore the Sith Empire to its former glory, proclaiming Exar Kun the new Dark Lord of the Sith, and Ulic Qel-Droma his first apprentice? ~DSSB pg. 76

14. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Exar Kun, Former Jedi Knight, Sith Lord
    ?[Exar Kun?s] travels brought him to Onderon, where he learned of the Sith tomb of Freedon Nadd on Onderon?s moon, Dxun. Encountering Freedon Nadd?s spirit, Exar Kun learned of the Sith crypts on Korriban and journeyed there to continue his search. On Korriban, he again spoke with Freedon Nadd?s spirit, who tricked Kun into at first accepting the dark side, then embracing it. Under Nadd?s ghostly tutelage, Kun traveled on to Yavin 4, the last stronghold of the Sith Empire, where a thousand years before Naga Sadow went into exile. Captured there by the primitive descendants of Sadow?s Massassi warriors, Exar Kun escaped his own execution and seized a dark side amulet from among Sadow?s treasures, using it to escape the gargantuan dark side beast that the Massassi brought forth to devour him. He then turned his weapon on Freedon Nadd, destroying the dark side spirit forever? ~DSSB pg. 77

15. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Chapter Six: Creatures and Archetypes
    ?Indeed, the central world of the Sith Empire, Korriban, became a huge necropolis even as the Sith entered a golden age. When their civilization died out, Korriban became a dead planet, imbued with the dark side and populated by the spirits of countless Sith Lords. The dead, who let their rage and cruelty rule them in life, continued on after death out of sheer spite. Many obsessed with finding a way to return to the physical plane. More than one dead Sith ghost has recruited a headstrong Jedi in an attempt to gain ultimate control over a powerful servant. Other simply possess whatever corpse is handy? ~DSSB pg. 111

16. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Sith Hound
    Evil and frightingly intelligent curs spawned from the depths of an otherworldly hell guard the tombs of the Sith necropolis world of Korriban. In reward for their faithful service, the beasts were taken to sites infused with the dark side, where they mutated into relentless and indefatigable Sith hounds. Exar Kun was especially fond of the creatures and personally brought them to the Massassi temples of Yavin 4.
    The ancient Sith Lords alchemically altered the already brutal canines of their world, adding horns, increasing their size, and doubling their brain mass. Some have hypothesized that if Sith hounds had the physical capability and the inclination, they could even speak sentient languages. Sith hounds are unswervingly loyal to darksiders, to whom their senses are especially attuned. They were left on Korriban because the ancient Dark Lords of the Sith wanted trustworthy guardians to protect their remains. A Sith hound?s most notable feature is the remarkable intelligence evident behind its yellow eyes.
    Sith hounds are one of the most unpredictable ?animal? enemies in the galaxy. Sometimes they attack as soon as they feel threatened. More often the sit patiently, waiting for an opening in their opponent?s defenses. This is especially true if they believe a foe does not realize their true nature. Packs of Sith hounds can execute complicated hunting and attack maneuvers, guided by their enhanced intelligence and canine ancestry. Never underestimate them. ~DSSB pg. 118

17. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Guardian Spirit
    Thousands of years ago, the planet Korriban was the seat of power for the Dark Lords of the Sith Empire. Centuries before Palpatine?s reign, it stood as a necropolis the size of a planet, the antithesis of the thriving heart of the Republic, Coruscant.
    Like many cultures, the Sith buried slaves, courtiers, and priests with their honored dead. Unlike many such belief systems, however, the ancient Sith had firsthand knowledge that the dark side would keep the souls of those crypt keepers trapped with their dead masters. Driven by hatred of those who entombed them and the madness that is existence in the dark side, the relatively weak spirits of thousands of lesser Sith act as protectors for the remains of their superiors. Unable to exert enough strength to possess the living, these guardian spirits animate the fleshless corpses of various tomb robbers and space pirates that have unintentionally made Korriban their final resting place. A guardian spirit looks for all the world like a walking skeleton.
    Millenia of madness in the dark side drive the possessing spirit insane. Therefore, they will not, and cannot, behave as sentient beings. They attack without mercy until they are physically destroyed. Even then, the guardian spirit may jump to another skeleton and rise again. Whatever they may once have been, these guardians now exist only as mindless walking dead, hulking, shambling things that must be destroyed to remove the taint of evil. ~DSSB pg. 125

18. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    All quotes so far have been taken from the Star Wars Roleplaying Game: The Dark Side Sourcebook(DSSB) ~ by Bill Slavicsek and J.D. Wiker.

If anyone has any questions, or wants more information on a certain passage, feel free to PM me about it...

19. Esplin9466

Oct 27, 2002
    :eek: Yowza! That's a lot of quotes, Darth_Haggis. Thanks for taking the time to put them up for us to see.

Esplin 9066...

Esplin9466!! :mad: :p Nah, that's all right. Just call me Esplin. ;)

Esplin, I would like to ask your permission if I could put that signature on mine. I believe Darth Haggis has done that. I would, of course, put your name after the quote. I wanted to ask your permission before I just did it. I look forward to your answer. Thanks!

Why, PDZSY, I'm flattered. [face_blush] Go right ahead.

The Bpfasshi Dark Jedi uprising was originally introduced in Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy. Originally, it took place during the Clone Wars, and the Jedi Master Jorus C'baoth fought in it. But because Lucas hacked nineteen years off the timeline, a few inconsistancies arose. Namely, that the Outbound Flight Project, upon which C'baoth was killed, was launched before the Clone Wars began. Therefore, it appears that there were two Bpfasshi Dark Jedi uprisings, one in which C'baoth fought before the Clone Wars, and another, unrelated one after the Battle of Geonosis. From The Essential Chronology:
    The chaos of the Clone Wars triggered a violent Dark Jedi insurrection on Bpfassh. Nejaa Halcyon and several other Jedi Knights destroyed another Dark Jedi enclave, eliminating the danger but alienating the Dark Jedi's followers, the Jensaarai.

So far, we've seen several Dark Jedi and Dark Acolytes running around during the Clone Wars, working for Count Dooku.

Sev'rance Tann
    Unnamed Dark Acolyte #1
    Unnamed Dark Acolyte #2
    Unnamed Dark Acolyte #3
    Aurra Sing
    Saato
    Trenox
    Vinoc
    Karoc
    Asajj Ventress
    Sora Bulq

I wonder if any of these guys are from Bpfassh.

20. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    "Lucas hacked off 19 years" - oh what, so Lucas contradicted the EU? No, that's not possible! ;)

Does Lucas really have time to sit down with the writers of the New Jedi Order series and see where they're going with things? Don't get me wrong, I can see them giving him a general idea of what they're doing and see if he approves...but that kind of detailed supervision I won't believe until I see a quote from Lucas himself.

You know, to get back on topic, I think one question that it would be nice to have answered is how Sidious was trained.

Hey, here's an interesting theory that may not have been posted before (and if so, I claim credit lol):

we've argued over the Palpatine/Sidious dichotomy - whether they are the same person, 2 different people, or Palpatine a clone of Sidious remains to be seen.

But what about this: what if Palpatine stopped by Korriban b/c of some hyperspace malfunction, and he was possessed by the spirit of Exar Kun or Darth Bane or whoever?

It's even possible that he would have no memory of acting as Darth Sidious when possessed by the spirit, and that would explain why the Jedi could not sense the DS in Palpatine.

If someone has already mentioned this, I apologize.

21. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    If that was the case, then if would totally negate the fact that Palpatine is manipulating and controlling the senate. Take for example the conversation involving Jar Jar, in which Palpatine declares that "if only Senator Amidala were here" and then proceeds to get a strange look on his face as he looks at Jar Jar out of the side of his eyes...

On another note, I was reading an article the other day in Star Wars Insider #66 about the New Jedi Order... Originally, the knew that they had to kill off a major character, and Luke was suggested. Most of the people involved in the decision making process agreed with the idea... "The suggestion was, fortunately, vetoed by George Lucas hinself. However, Del Rey and Lucasfilm still felt that a major character's death was needed to convince readers that they couldn't count on the status quo forever."
    I would have to say that by the way that the article was written, George Lucas is at least informed about all of the major decisions going on in regards to the Star Wars Universe.

22. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    fair enough Haggis, that's proof that's difficult to deny. Of course, that is a MAJOR decision, not just a simple plotline twist or explanation of the Force.

Anyway, I thought that if Palpatine and Sidious were different in some way, then it would be an interesting twist to have Palpatine as a senator/Chancellor who is actually concerned about the Republic, Padme, etc. So many of his lines seem ironic right now (because we figure he becomes Emperor later on), but I thought it would be doubly ironic (and Lucas would be playing a huge joke on the fans) if they were different.

Nice to see another Edmontonian.;)

23. PDZSY

May 18, 2002
    Darth Haggis, you've really outdone yourself! Great job! All of this fresh information on Korriban and Sith history is very intriguing. The Sith Hounds (a.k.a Tuk'ata) would make the ultimate vicious creature for the Jedi to face on Korriban. It says that the sith hounds listen to their dark side masters without hesitation. Wouldn't it be awesome to have Sidious surrounded by a pack of Tuk'ata, and then with one motion of his hand, all of them charge together to attack the enemy. As awesome as the arena beasts were in the Geonosis battle arena, the Sith hounds would make them look like puppies!

Another part of your research that I found very interesting was this quote:

"More than one dead Sith ghost has recruited a headstrong Jedi in an attempt to gain ultimate control over a powerful servant."

For some reason when I read this quote, an image of Anakin being nudged closer and closer to the dark side by Sith spirits came to my mind. Anakin is definitely a "headstrong Jedi," and we all know that he has a very difficult time keeping his emotions in check. Now, I don't necessarily believe that Anakin is going to be "taken over" by a dark side spirit, because that would take away from the whole redemption and tragedy of Anakin's turn to the dark side. In my opinion, Anakin himself needs to make the choice to become Darth Vader, out of his anger, rage, and frustration. However, I think it would be awesome if deceased Sith Lords aided Palpatine in turning Anakin to the dark side. I can just see a ghostly image of Maul come out and torment Anakin. That is why Korriban would be the perfect dark side planet for Episode III. Anakin simply could not withstand the dark power surging throughout the very core of Korriban. Palpatine could invoke the help of the very planet itself to turn Anakin.

About the Bpfassh Dark Jedi Insurrection, I know I told everyone that I would post it yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't, but we had a lot of computer problems yesterday and I didn't have time to post the information I found. Esplin has already posted some very helpful information, but I'll post what I have too. This is from the Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia:

Bpfassh

"twin planet orbiting a star with the same name, Bpfassh is located in the Sluis sector. It was at one time the site of a Dark Jedi uprising (77-74 PE), and the locals have since then been distrustful of the Jedi. The Bpfassh have since then joined the Alliance and the New Republic. Following the death of the Emperor at Endor, Bpfassh was the site of Thrawn's first major strike against the New Republic. It was also the site of a Noghri attack on Princess Leia. Its day is variable in length, due to the unique gravitational forces the twin pieces exert on each other. The twin planets also have a large number of moons."

Well, it's not exactly the most informative entry in regards to the Dark Jedi Insurrection, but it does give some background info on the planet, itself. Esplin had a bit more informative info. It is a good sign that the insurrection took place during the Clone Wars. This furthers the possibility of having a battle on Dagobah because it would fit into the timeline. I also found it very interesting at how many dark Jedi Dooku has working for him. That's an impressive list. I may try to research some of those names.

Esplin, thank you for letting me use your signature. It is, as I said, the best one I have seen on this forum.

Well, thanks again to Haggis for the overflowing information and to Esplin for the signature! I, of course, look forward to more and more speculation!

24. Esplin9466

Oct 27, 2002
    "Lucas hacked off 19 years" - oh what, so Lucas contradicted the EU? No, that's not possible!

"The entire saga spans about fifty-five years." Thanks to Lucas's meddling, it now spans only thirty-six years. That messed up Zahn's timeline, because he was using the one Lucas had given him when he was first contracted to write The Thrawn Trilogy. Fortunately, there is a fix for this. I just don't remember what it is. :p But, more importantly, Lucas contradicted himself. Originally, Anakin was supposed to be about sixty in ROTJ, and Obi-Wan was supposed to be in his seventies, I think. In the novelization of Return of the Jedi, it calls Anakin an "old man," when he is in fact only forty-five years old. Because ol' Georgie boy cut out nineteen years, we have to assume that the Tatooine suns and the dark side greatly aged Obi-Wan and Anakin, respectively (but we still love him). Which is a perfectly feasible explanation. Which is why there are no contradictions. ;)

25. Esplin9466

Oct 27, 2002
    Looks like we'll be seeing some more of Korriban soon. This is from a thread recently posted in the Literature forum by masterskywalker, involving the upcoming game Knights of the Old Republic, set 3,956 years before the Battle of Yavin. There are spoilers, so highlight it to read.

The main spoiler points are this. As you've probably guessed, the Republic fleet is trashed by the Sith in the begining cut scene. Apparently, the begining of the game is on the new planet of Tauris. The planet is then slagged by Malak and you and the crew of the Ebon Hawk have to escape the destruction and Sith fighters. You then head to Dantooine. At some point you also end up at the Sith academy on Korriban. And its true, HK-47 is best described as an abusive C-3P0. Also, later in the game there is apparently an assault on Malak's flagship and Bastila's battle meditation allows the Jedi to break through into the ship. You also get Darth Revan's robes at one point too.

The new race mentioned on the KOTOR website has just taken on a HUGE new importance. Apparently, they are THE RACE that INVENTED hyperdrive. This is mentioned in the loading screen about an unknown long dead race. Well that matches the description on the website to a T.

It's also really hilarious that you can get a Jedi...swimsuit. No I'm not joking. You see it on the "unknown planet". That made my day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.