[HCSF] ***Official Spoiler Free Support Group***

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Ugly_Dookling, Jun 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    plus, although I'm biased, I think the overall quality of posts is higher here than in the 3SA. :D

EDIT: I'm not sure how much longer I can stand being here. I'm aware that many of the "spoilers" being revealed now will turn out to be false, but I'm not sure I'm willing to take that chance.

And I'm not trying to take anything away from our extremely capable mods. They act as fast as is humanly possible. I got caught today, but I missed the last one thanks to their quick efforts.
  2. war_monger Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    hello Non-Spoilered people. I have been going to the 3SA for nearly five months now, and am considering going spoiler-free (there was a huge wave of spoilers recently, and I feel dirty now :()

still, if I leave I know I'll come crawling back every time I see a Spy report on the main page :_|

I'm torn. Should I abandon my dirty but rewarding ways, or be tempted every single day until EpIII is released?

Help!
  3. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    you know what I'll say.

I think it's worth it, even if you know a lot already.

Plus, the temptation gets easier over time. Go for it.
  4. war_monger Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *spoiler free for about two hours and doing fine :p*
  5. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    As if this place wasn't bad enough, now I've got guys at work trying to tell me spoilers. One guy was about to tell me something about Padmé, but didn't after I told him that I didn't want to know and wasn't affraid to use the hammer I was holding to make sure I didn't. [face_devil]
  6. Lukecash Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, you know the worse part of this is that I've got friends and family who have ME as their Star Wars source...egads.

But still....spoiler free is the way to go. The worse part will be AINC news... those sites sometimes will tell you something in the header....Although they claim to be staying away from spoliers themselves.
  7. openmind Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, I have now decided no more spoilers for me. Wish me luck, I....will....per..sev....ere!
  8. JN-66 Jedi Knight

war_monger... Openmind...

Welcome and good luck... I too was stuck on the spoilers. Its a very tough habbit to kick. I struggle with it every day so I know how you feel. In fact I almost read a spoiler just 5 mins ago, but I resisted the (VERY STRONG) urge.

Its been thirteen days (spoilfree) now and it is just as hard as day one.

Keep Strong... it will be worth all of the pain in just 1 year, 207 days, and 18 hours...

Lets just hope Lucas makes an end all be all of the last starwars we'll see in theater...
  9. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    plus, although I'm biased, I think the overall quality of posts is higher here than in the 3SA.

Heh, you have a point. Some of the posters post very intelligent well thought out posts, the other 70% or so can get pretty immature, or maybe an alternative word is over-eager.

I did myself a favor and looked at spoilers that came out in Oct. 2000. I'd say about 30% of the stuff coming out now is going to be real.
  10. Lightsaber_Style8675 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Come on everyone! You can do it! Really, just whenever you see a spy report go "Puh! I refuse!"
  11. openmind Jedi Master

star 4
    war_monger... Openmind...

Welcome and good luck

Thanks, JN-66. Like to share the reason why I made it a point to hold off.

I was watching AOTC yesterday and I actually got basically the grasp of it, now I love the story more than ever. Im a strong supporter of TPM when initially I was not and now, just recently AOTC has really grown on me, with respect of GL not only as a filmmaker/innovator but real Directing Director.

With that in mind, I feel its better to know as little as possible about Ep. III. This I believe will ensure an all encompassing and climatic experience.

Any more comment, will get this SW fan overly emotional.
  12. anidanami124 Force Ghost

star 6
    Ok I coudl use someone as a PM buddy to help break the habit of going over to the Ep 3 SA board. :_|

It's getting bad and there. How do all of you do it? Someone please I need help!!! :_|
  13. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    wasn't affraid to use the hammer I was holding to make sure I didn't.

[face_laugh]

:p
  14. Darth_Banal Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well I got spoiled a bit for TPM by eating at Taco Bell..they handed out those drink-cup "pog" type things. I got Qui-Gon, and it said he dies in the movie. :mad:

Then I gorged myself on spoilers for AOTC, and that made the film sort of anti-climactic for me, even though it's a great film.

So I've been spoiler-free totally for Episode 3. I've unintentionally read a couple spoilers, but I've already forgotten them. But I was tempted today to look at the spoiler about a new bad guy for Ep3. Cause I like the bad guys.
  15. JN-66 Jedi Knight

The main Ep III page has posted a pict of the a New Bad guy.

I WANT TO LOOK. I have not been this tempted since I went Spoiler-Free.

22 days Spoiler-Free and strugglin
  16. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Y'know what? I cracked and looked, since it didn't seem that important to me.

And I will now say: DON'T LOOK!

It's not worth it, it's a fan rendering of a possible rumor of a confirmed (?) character for Episode III. If even that is true.
  17. Cheri Jedi Master

star 4
    Heeeeelp. I'm a total spoiler junkie and now I want to convert. I've been so overloaded with spoilers the last few weeks that I'm afraid it's going to ruin the film for me. I have NO will power at all. I need the support please!
  18. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    welcome.

Like smoking, quitting spoilers gets easier with time.

Don't forget that much of what you have read will turn out to be unsubstantiated and rumor.
  19. openmind Jedi Master

star 4
    All I can say Cheri is to do yourself a favour.

Don't you think it'll be fair to you by not knowing anything (anymore) and get the almost full blown and pure experience for the last SW movie?

Believe that you are worth all that.

Hope that helps. Good luck. :)

20. Darth_Goofy Jedi Master

star 4
    With footage hitting the net, I thought I'd give this a bump in case anyone was feeling tempted. :)
  21. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I actually cracked and watched the footage.

It's not going to change your life, but it IS exciting.

If you are pretty much spoiler-free at this point, I wouldn't recommend watching it.

But if you've seen the BTH pics, the Set Diaries and web chats, it doesn't show anything new.

And it's not actual "footage" from the movie, mostly rehearsal stuff a la Making of Episode III docs.

The thing is, I was actually spoiled trying to find a link to get the footage in the Episode III Spoilers Forum - because of everyone's comments about the footage - they know (or think they know) way more about what was going on than I did.

I would try to stay away from the 3SA forum if you can get the clip another way.

But you're not missing too much either way.
  22. Darth_Goofy Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm...from the way you describe it, I wonder if eventually it'd be put up on Hyperspace? I'm kind of torn on whether I want to watch it or not. I wasn't sure of the extent of the spoilers, but now it doesn't sound too bad. Though to be honest, I would rather have my first views of Ep 3 be the trailer in the theater, rather than a grainy computer file. Still, even if I decided to watch it, I'd be waaay too scared to go into the 3SA forums. 8-}
  23. Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Still, even if I decided to watch it, I'd be waaay too scared to go into the 3SA forums.

Oh, but why? You saying there's way too much overrated 'theorizing' of alleged spoilers by people of a slightly less-than-average Intelligence Quotient?

Or just don't lke the colors? 8-}

Good thread to bump... this should stay near the top for anyone new coming in, as several people are beginning to defect from 3SA it appears.
  24. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    several people are beginning to defect from 3SA it appears.

Do we need interventions?
  25. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    GARTH? GARTH MAUL? You have defected! The Captain wishes to welcome ye aboard matey! Anyways, your right about the clip. It isn't bad at all. It was mainly the rehearsal with lightsabers stuff with no dialogue or anything like that. Ok, one thing you may notice about the 3NSA is that people don't post in it as often which is quite unfortunate. But for the most part it is easier to stay spoiler free. For instance, I haven't looked at anything since I left the 3SA several months ago unless it was something I easily already knew was going to happen (aka the video footage) And I always made sure to have a few friendly contacts in the 3SA like GS and Sapes that I could PM to find out just how bad something is in spoiler terms. For instance, I do not know the name of this recently confirmed new planet yet, nor have I looked at any info on whether Padme will live or die. It is a hard road to take but I hope you are prepared for the journey. Just make sure you don't post ANY spoilers in this board or you will be banned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.