main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] ***Official Spoiler Free Support Group***

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Ugly_Dookling, Jun 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    *stands up*

Hi, my name is Stridarious and I am 'Spoil-holic' 8-} .

2. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Everyone: "Hi, Stridarious!" ;)

So I caved in and watched the video. But only because I happen to come across the link by coincidence, no way would I have gone to 3SA. Not only might I get spoiled, but those people scare me. ;)

Anyway, I have to say, if you're trying to be spoiler free but need just a little something to tie you over, it wouldn't be a bad idea to watch the video. If you've seen pictures from the Insider, there is absolutely nothing new. (Well, except for the last 5 seconds. But I covered my eyes!) Plus, the quality is pretty bad and there are a lot of quick cuts, so you won't see much anyway. It's really amazing though. I mean, wow. It's worth seeing.

But if you're trying to stay away from it, keep it up! It's tough - a little too tough for me! - but you can do it! :)

3. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    Do we need interventions?

You should know the routine by now, Ghost...

I sneal up behind them and grab hold...

You keep them from seeing the bat.

[face_laugh]

4. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I'm in the position of not having a good enough connection to download this video :p

But I dont want to watch it anyway. I dont want any footage unless its on the Making of documentaries or possibly a teaser trailer like AOTC's Breathing trailer (60 seconds is all I'd want to see of any EP3 preview).

Besides I'm content with Hyperspace and the Insider pics.

5. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Ah, a crappy connection: the best way to remain spoiler free. 8-}

6. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
  7. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Hey Kavic_Toth if you want I have a bottle of chlorophyl and a rag.

8. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Aww... [face_blush] I fit right in here, where shall I sit? :confused: Between the murder or the drunken? 8-} (Just Teasin') ;) .

Actually, I have not been able to sleep, just the thought of us nearing the year soon, its so...so...whats the word I seek? :confused:

9. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    Hello. :)

After knowing everything about AotC, and even reading the novel before I saw it, I don't think I enjoyed it as much as I should have, and I want to fully enjoy the last Star Wars. :)

Before I decided this though, I learned one or two BIG spoilers. One I'm sure most people know, and the other I wish I'd forget.

The idea of this leaked footage isn't as bad now. A friend saw it, and said it was little more that Hayden & Ewan on bluescreen, which is no big suprise. 8-}

Jedi-Anakin-Solo, spoiler free for about a month?

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, the footage itself isn't too bad, really.

The funny thing is that I was actually "spoiled" (that is, if you believe everything you read in the 3SA) more by entering the spoiler forum trying to find a link to the footage than by the footage itself.

With pretty every scene in the leaked footage, I was like "cool! What does it mean?" Whereas in the spoiler forum, they all know everything that happens in the movie.

I never understood that mentality.

You are well come to the 3NSA - your patience will be rewarded in May 2005. :D

11. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    //runs in thread

I'm never going to make it to 2005 without reading spoilers!!

//breaks down in tears

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    For those of you curious as to OS and Hyperspace content over the next year, I asked Pablo at the OS if there are certain areas us unspoiled types would want to avoid, including the trailers.

He confirmed that they will not reveal plot points up until sometime next year, when the novel and other tie-ins start getting released.

In 2004, the OS/Hyperspace will reveal certain characters, locations, vehicles, etc., while trying to keep the relevant context out of the picture so they aren't as spoilerific as they could be.

He said that obviously, for people who are in the spoilers forums, the pics will have much more significance.

As for the trailers, he impliedly suggested that we stay away - he said that the trailers have to be made for the average fan, to get them excited. So therefore there might be things in the trailers that we probably wouldn't want to know about, but that the average person would think "Cool!".

Also, Episode III will be officially titled by the end of the year.

Also: the BTH pics will prolly not get released to the general public, but the web docs will, with Hyperspace members always getting first crack.

13. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Hello, my name is Darthvaderocks06 aka DVR, and I....am a......a.....spoiler! :eek: No! I didn't want to look, but they made me, THEY MADE ME LOOK AT THEM, I SWEAR! [face_mischief]

Anyways, I was spoiler free for 1&2, but it really didn't do all that much for me.....but this movie.....this movie has the fight! I just can't resist! But I don't want to walk into the theater and know everything, then the movie would suck. There would be no supprise, nothing new and eciting, because I already know it all. y'know what I mean? ?[face_plain]

14. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    is this thread dead or what? LOL :p

15. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Oh of course you'll be able to make it till 2005 Dark Lady Mara ;) .

*hugs her*

16. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    I'm hoping to make it. The worst thing so far has been posting in Small Screen. Especially in the topic about Clone Wars Ep. 20. Careless people have been posting spoilers left and right. Of course, the mod there is great with banning them and/or editing their posts, but it still get nervous that he might have missed something. I'm even more worried about when the TV promos start up. Ya know, diving for the remote to change the channel, while having my eyes closed and my ears covered. Not gonna be fun...

17. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I know what you mean. I won't touch that forum again after getting spoiled in the episode 20 thread. :mad:

18. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    i will make it and someone informed me of something yesterday.
    a movie coming out soon is from Fox and may contain a trailer. sao i will be leaving that theatre during the trailers so i don't see anything.

19. Darth_Dede

Darth_Dede Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 1998
    Oh no, I've just been spoiled by the banner at TFN's Episode 3 movie page, after months without checking it out.

Damn it! Anyway, nice little detail bridging the two trilogies, I hadn´t really considered before, however obvious it seems now. hehehe

20. vacantlook

vacantlook Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2004
    Quick, someone slap me!

I can't believe I just went over the the spoiler forum "just to browse the thread titles." I actually justified it to myself that way when I first clicked on the link to that forum on the forum listing page. Thankfully, I pulled myself away before I read too much.

I will not succumb to the lure of spoilers!

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    [waves hand] you will resist the temptation [/waves hand]

Don't worry - the people in 3SA think they know a lot, but there's at least as much speculation there as there is here. Because they do know a little, much of the speculation goes off in the craziest directions.

The impulse is to believe anything you see in 3SA, because, after all, it IS the spoiler forum. But I know the official info that's out there, and there's still most of the movie that's unknown at this point.

So if you stumble in by mistake or on impulse, don't worry about it - just don't stay too long. ;)

22. vacantlook

Mar 28, 2004
    Thank you GARTH_MAUL. I indeed didn't stay long upon going in for my browsing, for which I'm glad. I'm so eager for a new Star Wars movie! Knowing that I've got a bit over a year to wait for it momentarily melted my resolve to remain spoiler free, I think. But I truly don't want to know what's gonna happen in it so that I can be blown away when I sit down in the theater come next next year.

23. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I met someone Friday night, when my car was broke down, that convinced me to be "Spoiler Free". we talked about Star Wars for over an Hour. So, Here I am and I'm glad to be here!

24. vacantlook

Mar 28, 2004
    Well welcome, then, rodan70. :)

25. openmind

openmind Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I remember during the ESB days, I was told that Vader was Luke's father. But I always took anything heard or seen as a "grain of salt" and just didn't think of it at all as time went by. After seeing the thing, really glad I did that.

Always remember one thing, Ian McDiarmid insisted that Ep. III will be a "class act" (Im just buttering it a bit not verbatim [face_devil]). Be prepared for an experience like no other.

Finally but even more importantly, those not "spoiled", there's more power to ya than the others. Keep up the good fight. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.