main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] ***Official Spoiler Free Support Group***

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Ugly_Dookling, Jun 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I must say.. I feel terribly spoiled, I've watched the webdocs, the leaked footage, looked at a whole lot of the Hyperspace pics and actually once lurked the spoiler forum *cries* But no more! I will not get spoiled, I will not get spoiled..

2. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    The only stuff that I've payed attention to is the Star Wars Insider. That's all I will look at. I don't wanna know anything else.

3. Darth_W_Bush

Darth_W_Bush Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2004
    ive just come off spoilers

im feeling the urge to back already

4. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    how detailed are spoilers these days, i have occasionally suffered spoilers. but from my peeks into the spoiler allowed forum there arn't stroy details rvealed., then agian i left to earlyt to see

5. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    i accidentaly clicked on the EPIII SA forum and only had a second to see the banner, fortunately i did not see any of the the thread topics... phew

i had memories back to epII which i was totally spoiled for --- and it felt so cool to be "in the know" when i laid back and dreamed of opg day of AotC

oh the pain, i am salivating, but i must be strong

gimme some support - lend me a hand

and just curious...
    do we all consider seeing a trailer at the beginning of a movie being spolied?
    i guess so, which changes my previous thought that it is ok.
    i just read some of your posts and appreciate that point of view -- now i have to be super vigilant -- woe is me

6. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Actually, I haven't really been tempted at all. I've been so distracted by other movie sequels that I haven't noticed Episode III getting closer and closer. Since AOTC came out, we've had two LoTR films, two Matrix films, two Kill Bill films, a third Terminator film and now new sequels are coming like Harry Potter and Spiderman 2.

By the time those are finished, it'll be what - 11 months until Episode III? I think I'll be able to control myself. I've come this far, I'm not turning back now.

7. Darth_Deagol

Darth_Deagol Jedi Master star 2

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm doing really well. It was great being completely unspoiled for Ep. II but I didn't know about these discussion forums then either and was so busy with my corporate career that I didn't even realize that Episode II was coming out until about a month before its opening. I have been actively avoiding these forums for the last few months but I started to miss Star Wars Talk and had to come back.

I do feel tempted at times, but I refuse to partake the forbidden fruit of Episode III spoilers.

8. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    good choice, i myself, am avoiding everything at all costs.
    i will be walking out of a theatre if i see the lucas arts logo come up. and i will change tv if i see a commercial.
    i can't wait, it should be fun.

9. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    It's actually much easier this time around - I mean, compared to AOTC. The private board helps quite a bit.

By this time I believe the AOTC script had been leaked for about 6 months, and it seemed like there were reliable Spy Reports every day.

This time, LFL has REALLY cracked down on releasing script and spoilers - it's actually pretty funny visiting the 3SA Forum, b/c they're speculating almost as much as we are, and it's driving them crazy.

Yesterday and today, this guy posted claiming to be an Insider, and the thread got to 1500 posts in about a day - talk about starved for information! It was pretty funny seeing the reaction when he was found to be a fraud. Sorry, 3SA'ers - you'll just have to wait like the rest of us. ;)

10. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    I don't know what the rules are on posting links to rival message boards are, so I won't say where this comes from, but what I will say is that this is legit. I'm posting this because I think it's relevant to what we're talking about right now, and I happened to stumble accross it today. It'll make you feel safer. I wouldn't reccomend searching for its source seeing it originated at a spoiler forum.

(To the sys-ops. If you have the ability to trace to e-mail/logon names I ask that you use it only to verify who I am and where I work. PLEASE do not share it OR post it.)

Just an observation.

My nephew loves to check the various Star Wars boards to see what is going on. He told me about all the ?action? and said I should take a look at what ?insider? information was being posted. I had a good laugh at most of it. I am NOT here to post insider information, but rather offer some advice. My reason is only to keep from some information being so wrong that it is not good for the actual product we work so hard to produce. It is from someone whose name appears fairly early on in the credits of the last 2, and 1 more coming, Star Wars films.

1. There will NOT be a ?leak? of the script. The actual number of people that have a complete script is relatively small and precautions were taken that would allow a trace to who leaked one if it ever did happen. This is new to III due to problems on II. Most people that work on the film get partial scripts for a portion of the film. We all sign legal documents that restrict release and there are penalties if broken.

2. Some obvious conclusions are easy to guess. Others seem obvious, but will fool you in the end. Don?t get caught up in fake leaks. Some are legit since we can not control every person on every set, but the chances of someone answering questions on the whole film is VERY, VERY SLIM!!!

3. The reason we have our official web sight is to control the ?teasers? we release. They will get better the closer we get to next May. Enjoy them, they are fact.

Enjoy the speculation, but if someone claims to answer questions on the whole film then be suspicious. If they offer tidbits from a scene then they may have a friend that is a grip or even a caterer from a day of filming and it may be true. Who knows?.but one thing is for sure?.the guy posting here does not.

Have fun?.Oh, feel free to ask the sys-ops to verify that I have not posted here before and if they can verify who I am, please do not ask them to share my name/e-mail. I would be inundated with e-mails.

Ps. Please post the names of any ?friends? from the set so my nephew can pass them on to me?.then I can ?thank? them?..

11. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    so, so u guys consider seeing an official trailer before the beginning of another movie being spoiled?

will u close ur eyes?
    arrive late?

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Actually, to me, the trailers are the worst thing for me - and the hardest to resist.

We'll be seeing stuff on the trailers that is completed shots for Episode III - I actually like seeing the "Making Of" webdocs and such, but I don't want any surprises like in the TPM and AOTC trailers - stuff I rather would have seen opening night. I.e., Darth Maul's double-bladed lightsaber.

13. muymaul

muymaul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, I just got my first unintentional "major" spoiler! I was reading a thread on another board here which had nothing to do with Ep3, when someone put in what I would consider a major spoiler. Arrrrrgggghhhh! I am so mad right now! I have been playing it so safe.

14. Stormtrooper_Shrink

Stormtrooper_Shrink Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    *Sobs*

It happened to me as well!

15. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    How do you guys do it? I've been trying so hard, but alas, it is no good. I feel like a junkie or something. Be brave. I think I know the whole story, but I still try to come here. AAargh!!!

16. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    What happened to you guys? You can't really find out much by accidently clicking on 3SA, can you? I go there a lot, and it's just the same crap that they have here.

17. LORDeron_MAULer

Apr 6, 2003
    *bursts out crying* i ran into spoilers...the pain....

18. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    I was just spoiled by an official source! The email "insider" went into the opening sequence. Fortunately I looked away as fast as someone who realized they were looking directly at the sun.... Frightening, though, that I got a bit of information about where it starts out. :(

19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yes, interestingly, compared to AOTC, the OS and Hyperspace are pretty much the only sources for spoilers right now.

Even when other sites are posting "spoiler" info, it always seems to be coming from the OS.

20. LORDeron_MAULer

Apr 6, 2003
    my friend claims to know almost everything about it, plus and also he said he has even a preliminary copy of the script. and the spoilers i ran into appear to be fairly spoilery

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Who's your friend?

You should go post that EXACT message in 3SA, LORDeron, and see how many people get excited.

Or tell your friend to post his information - they're honestly starved for spoilers there, so they'd worship the screen your friend types on... 8-}

22. LORDeron_MAULer

Apr 6, 2003
    strangly enough he says he got his information from there, or maybe he just says he goes there and looks around...i don't think he is registered

23. CowMoo

CowMoo Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2001
    so, so u guys consider seeing an official trailer before the beginning of another movie being spoiled?

will u close ur eyes?
    arrive late?

Kind of tough to "evade" that. Closing your eyes won't erase the sounds and of course, you may not be able to anticipate which movie has the trailer in front of it.

I see any official stuff (Just the Facts, trailers, etc.) as non-spoiler material, although I realize that others differ in this opinion.

Mostly I consider only major plot points to be spoiler material, and I unfortunately, managed to read some of them. Couple of big ones as well, especially one of them. Ah well.

24. Malaki

Malaki Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 16, 2003
    Covering your eyes isn't good enough. You will still be able to hear the trailer. You need to get up and run screaming "Lalalalalalalalalala" from the theatre until enough time has passed (10 minutes or so) until you fell it is safe to return to your seat.

Though, I guess you can arrive late if you don't want people to look at you strangely, but where is the fun in that? :p

25. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    ok, i was re-directed here.....
    how's everyone holding up?
    i need to stay away from OS threads on this board!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.