main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] ***Official Spoiler Free Support Group***

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Ugly_Dookling, Jun 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    OK, I've just been spoiled AGAIN. I just have to vent, but I will try to keep you from experiencing the spoiler I saw. It was a commercial for a new SW toy. You can open the cockpit and pull out... the pilot? ...wait...oh, no! It can't be!!! Damn you, Lucas!

Just a thought. If you see a commercial for a SW toy, close your eyes and mute it. You'll be much better off.

I will be reading the book, but then I'll find things out in the order they should be shown. I can handle that.

I just have to know how you all do this "non-spoiler" thing. How do you keep from being inundated by supposedly inconsequential stuff that adds up like 1+1 into a spoiler.

BTW, I posted this in a new thread and was re-directed here. Grrr... still upset at Lucas.

2. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Drew you would be best to not read the book, and experience it all at once w/ your initial viewing, as it will be your last time to do so. Also as a reminder, when it comes out do not look at the titles of the songs on the cd.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, I think the novelization, soundtrack, comic book adaptation, and even the trailers are going to be worse for spoilers than anything else the OS releases.

4. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    That's just about the most intriguing vague spoiler I've ever heard. As much as I don't want to know...I am dying to know.

I'm going to get up and leave the computer and hope I forget about it.

5. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    i went to the book store and looked at insider pics damnit!!!!!

6. DarthDrew

Sep 26, 2002
    I don't really look at the novelization as a "spoiler" per se. After all, you're reading the story in the order they wish it to be presented. That is, of course, if you don't flip to the end and read the last few pages first, but that's your own dilemma.

Really, you're reading MORE of the story. I read the novelization before Clone Wars and found it was quite entertaining and didn't spoil the movie one bit. It actually IMPROVED things a bit because I wanted to see how they presented some things here and there.

My own personal opinion... take it for what it's worth. :)

7. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    I've actually read a few significant spoilers for Episode III(Most of them accidentally), so I'm hoping this "group" thingy will help me not succomb to that trap again :)

As for trailers and stuff, I'm planning to allow my eyes to only see the teaser. I'm fearing that the more complete trailers will just ruin the film.

8. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    **Goes over and gives BauconBatista a hug**[:D]

I will probally watch the trailers, but I wont go and spend 8 bucks for a crappy movie, just to watch the trailer.

9. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Are trailer really gonna be that bad? what was spoiled from tpm and aotc?

10. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I know the TPM trailer spoiled Gui-Gons dying for me (Obi-Wans "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"), although i already figured that out.

Clones trailers didn't spoil anything though

11. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    *crawls into thread, grasping for breath*

accidentally...wandered...into...episode 3...spoiler...forum...saw...titles...of...threads...

brain...permanently...scarred...no...chance...of...survival...

*collapses, unconscious*

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Don't worry, so much of their threads are speculation as well.

But I will warn people that it looks like more and more information is starting to leak about ROTS, even if most of comes from "official" sources.

Spoilers are starting to leak....it was only a matter of time, and it's been a lot longer than for AOTC.

13. MYMUTHAZ

Apr 17, 2001
    i'm pretty lucky with the trailer situation.
    i HAD to take my daughter to monsters inc.
    and i'm going to HAVE to take my kids to the incredibles. if that ends up being the one......

14. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I've been spoiler-free for a long time...a long time. It is difficult to resist at times but if you think about what the payoff will be it's well worth it.

15. BauconBatista

Jun 24, 2004
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

:(

I unintentionally read TWO MAJOR SPOILERS today. The first had to do with C-3PO and is located in the OT board, and the second was in THIS VERY BOARD on the recent Sidious topic, which pretty much said what the first thirty minutes of Episode III is going to be about. I don't know if some of you would call that spoiler, but it is to me.

I'm doing my best to keep myself spoiler-free, really :(... ah well, at least I still don't know the really big stuff.

And while we're on the subject of trailers, I'm extremely looking forward to The Incredibles(I'm a big Pixar fan) and the Episode III TEASER is simply a great added incentive. However, if I see any ROTS previews outside of the debut teaser(Whether it be on The Incredibles, Robots or any other film), I will run out of the theatre as fast as I can until it ends. Believe it or not, I actually did this with the Pokemon movie trailers back in 1999 :p 8-}

Edit: Wanted to make my post a little clearer

16. DarthDrew

Sep 26, 2002
    We're definitely walking thru a minefield with our eyes closed. Part of the reason I hate the spoiler(s) I stumbled upon is that now I know something that is major to the film and can't say a word about it. It's almost as bad as when a buddy told me his company had just awarded a major contract to AT&T way back when and I had to sit there helplessly watching the price of the stock go up, up, up because I would have been trading on insider info. GAAAHHH!

17. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Yeah this is starting to get hard for people like me who don't read insider or any of that stuff.

18. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Can you believe we've less than a month to go for the teaser?

Holy fripe.

Anyway, just wanted to drop in to say how much I appreciate this board. It's great to have some real constructive talk going on about EpIII, without all the ludicrous spy reports and "what's-real-and-what-isn't" debates... all we're goin' off is TRUTH, as far as Lucasfilm is releasing it. That's refreshing. :)

I'll be watching all the trailers and Hyperspace stuff, but somebody smack me if I go any further.

19. DarthDrew

Sep 26, 2002
    I was just considering my collection of NJO EU books. I'm very glad that there's no spoilers woven into them. GL and Skywalker Ranch have done a good job of keeping info out of them. If I need a SW fix, I'm less likely to go to the official site since I know that's an area that's going to be chock full.

20. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    I have been spoiler free since May 2002. I just caved and read the trailer description. I can barely remember any of it except that one scene. I wish I hadn't looked at it now. I don't think it spoiled the movie, but it did spoil the trailer.

I am not going to seek out the trailer, but will watch it should it be attached to a movie I want to see... I think the LOTR trilogy helped me avoid spoilers. I am not sure what I am going to do after the extended version of ROTK is released in December...

Suggestions?

21. MYMUTHAZ

Apr 17, 2001
    its getting harder and harder to stay away

22. Darth_Michael

Darth_Michael Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 24, 2002
    @DarthDrew: it's only insider trading if there are witnesses or they can prove it. Otherwise it's profit ;)

My name is Darth_Michael and I caved for the trailer description. But then i was always going for the trailers anyway.

I plead that LFL works overtime to get the movie out a couple of month early. Not going to happen I know. But it's still more then 7 month.

23. BauconBatista

Jun 24, 2004
    Just wanted to warn my spoiler-free brethen: DO NOT GO INTO WIKIPEDIA'S EPISODE III PAGE.

It has a detailed and VERY spoilerish summary of the movie's events. No, I thankfully didn't read it--I only saw the italized warning about the content on the page.

24. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    There's so much stuff being leaked now. I haven't read it but don't go into 3SA at all and I wouldn't recommend searching ROTS on the web.

25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    If you're Googling "ROTS", you're asking for trouble.

More spoilers have been leaked this week. Stay out of 3SA for sure.

I can tell you that your fight to remain spoiler-free will be worth it.

Trust me on this, I have heard things that will blow you away come May 2005.

Some scenes are supposed to be so good that the insiders don't want to leak them because they don't want to ruin it for the film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.