main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] ***Official Spoiler Free Support Group***

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Ugly_Dookling, Jun 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    The Emperor will show you the true nature of spoilers. I must obey my master.

As a side note, I really have no intention of turning to the dark side of spoilers anymore than I did before (which was not at all). :D

2. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Arrggghh!! I can't believe spoilers are already showing up. In this forum to boot! I may be paranoid. After all, how much is there to spoil this early? But you should never see a post in a NSA forum that starts with the phrase. "this may be a spoiler but...". I don't care how obvious or inconsequential it may seem, if you think it's a spoiler, don't post here.

End rant.

Not aimed at anyone in particular, I've already seen a few of these in the past coulpe days.

Peace

3. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Hello all - I am Chewbaccas only item of clothing and I need help. In the three weeks since I first saw AOTC and proclaimed myself spoiler-free for the next film, I have unfortunately managed to succumb to every spoiler that's been put out there ('bout 4 semi-official ones so far). I have kept away from the spoiler forum but was spoilt only a few minutes ago by going to the Dark Horizons website (note: do NOT go to the Dark Horizons website today (June 7) - poss big spoiler revealed immediately after word "spoiler"). At this rate, I shall be following the strategy I used for AOTC, and moving to a city far, far away without my computer. *staggers to nearby chair*

4. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    This is going to be harder than I thought. I read that there are already spoilers out there and had to fight the urge to go find them. This is going to be a long three years.

5. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Aye, but we've done it twice before, we can do it again! :)

6. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    I did it for TPM, but not AOTC. I hope I can make it this time.

7. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    How many spoiler reports does TF.N have? I noticed two but are there more? Oh and btw, those are both from Lucas's mouth from ET and E! interviews, so I don't see why those are really on the same level as say spy reports or scriptments or whatnot. Seems kinda' weak stuff is out there right now, but the real deal will be coming soon I bet.

Oh and I read them both and uh.. DUH! Is all I got to say on them both. For those who caved already, were you all that shocked to read either of them? Isn;t this stuff we already know? Why is that considered a spoiler?

8. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    The two spoilers referred to are pretty weak however the Dark Horizons one (app from Lucas' mouth via EW) was one that I really didn't need to know, if it is true after all.

** spoiler free so far today **

9. Ugly_Dookling

Ugly_Dookling Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2002
    I was also spoiler free for TPM (until I read the back of the soundtrack) but I was spoiled stupid for AOTC and it made me enjoy it less.

10. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I have always been a non spoiled guy and I don't find it hard to resist looking at spoilers.

For all you guys trying it for the first time just don't go to the main page or leave the main page as quickly as possible. Also think about how much more you will enjoy the movie if you don't know much about it.

Hope that helps some.

11. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    I've made it so far (35 days) by slowly deleting all of the spoiler-filled sites from my "favorites" list... today..it was Dark Horizons turn, but not look at TPN main page - impossible!

12. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I dont what report your talking about but anyway.
    Aren't we all technically spoiled? We know whats gonna happen.
    So far I've remained spoiler free, its not a test yet, until real heavy stuff comes out (which is a year away) I'll come back and say whether I've survived all that.

13. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    I just thought this read needed a little upping

14. young_padme

young_padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2002
    I have been spoiler free for a couple hours now, but I don't know I don't think I can make it, I need someone to talk me through it. I need a sponser. HELP ME, PLEASE!

15. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    You can do it!

We believe in you! Believe me, it's much more fun over here on our side of the boards along the way. And the end result is so much better! :D

16. young_padme

Jun 23, 2002
    Thanks Queenie you are a great inspiration.

;)

17. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Yes, the spoiler people have spoilers to discuss. Nonspoiler people just make up stuff to discuss. Much more fun it is to make up stuff.

18. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Hello, my name is Imperial_Guard and I've been essentially spoiler-free since AOTC came out. Prior to AOTC, I was in denial for a long time. I had bought a new computer. Got the broadband internet hookup. "It can't hurt to check out this little morsel of info or download this AOTC picture", I would say. Soon my harddrive was loaded with spoiler pics and I could write a rough script. Meanwhile, a buddy of mine knew that Yoda was supposed to fight and that was about it. "Yoda fighting? I can give you an animated storyboard with sound with the stuff I've got", I thought to myself. I...just...couldn't...stop....[breaks down into tears]...[takes big gulp from bottle of cheap whisky]. I've come here so that the healing can begin...

19. young_padme

Jun 23, 2002
    It is okay imperial_guard. We are here to help you.

;)

20. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    [strong language, cursing] I just accidentally ran into a mild spoiler on the main site. I clicked on a story that I thought was Episode II related. It was but it also had a tidbit that apparently comes straight from GL about a detail in Episode III. [Even stronger cursing] From now on, I'm not even going to touch the main site. I haven't fallen off the wagon completely but, man, was that annoying. :(

21. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I just saw this and I think it's a Godsend. Quite a few times I've found myself in the spoiler forum by mistake, but I think it's my subconscious trying to ruin Ep. 3 for me. I can't imagine how hard things will be when pictures and scripts start leaking.

22. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Yeah, this is going to be a longer three years than it was before. I got so excited when I saw the Lucas gives Episode III hints on TF.n. It was not spoiler, I know, but still. I'm aching for info. But, I still don't want to be spoiled, and that outweighs the urge to read.

young_padme, Imperial_Guard, and Adi_Gallia...you're in good hands here. We'll get through it. :D

EDIT - When I re-read what I wrote, I realized that "It was spoiler" means something very different from "It was not spoiler." ;)

23. Jaina02

Jaina02 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 1999
    Queenie- resist the spoilers!!!! We did so good with Ep II (except the whole Leno thing- I'm still bitter!). You can do it Queenie, no more spoilers!

*Ahem* I am Jaina02, I have been spoiler free since I heard about EpI. There were some things that were unavoidable- like the track listings on the EpI soundtrack and stupid Leno- did I mention that I'm still bitter. For EpIII, I am seriously considering living in a hole for the 6 months leading up to it...

24. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Thanks for the support, Jaina!

And I agree with you. When I look back on it, I was largely spoiled (unintentionally, of course) in the two weeks leading up to AOTC. I have no intention of that happening for EPIII. I will have to go away or something, if I must.

25. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    I admit it; I read that article on the main page. It was almost an automatic reaction: new info available, read it. This is going to be a tough 3 years.

Help me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.