main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] ***Official Spoiler Free Support Group***

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Ugly_Dookling, Jun 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Well, and what's worse, is that when I read it, I justified it by saying, "Oh, well you don't have to highlight it to read it, so it must be okay."

[face_plain]

2. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I did not feel the need to justify it; I just did it.

Being spoiled for AOTC was fun, but it is going to be hard to break those habits.

3. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    So, you don't even feel the guilt! :eek:

;)

4. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    None at all. [face_devil]

5. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    please support meeeeee

I read the Starlog Episode III hints and although it didn't really reveal anything the fact that I was tempted and caved in worries me.

6. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    I'm proud of myself... I didn't read those Ep3 hints. :D

7. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    You are not alone, dolphin. [face_plain]

I very much enjoyed reading those "hints". Is that bad?

8. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    You are not helping things by posting a link.

9. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Well, I resisted the urge to click and get more detail on the main site about what GL means about the Anakin turning into Vader scene being pretty good. Score 1 for willpower! I'm assuming that everyone here is aware that Anakin becomes Darth Vader or did I just ruin Episode III for everybody? :D

10. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    :eek: Anakin? No. ...turns into Vader?! *gasp*

No, that was it. There was no more detail to it.

11. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300] who do we PM to ask them to NOT put spoilers on the main page[/color]

12. Darth_cazzo

Darth_cazzo Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2002
    Hi, I'm Stefano and I've been spoiler free for 3 years. No spoilers for Ep. II....but Ep. III is gonna be tough, cause I want to see it NOW!!!
    I'm so tempted to look at ever spoiler but I will be strong lol

13. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I need help .. again.. I *gulp* CLICKED ON THE SPOILER on TPN page :_| I knew that I shouldn't have but I just couldn't resist AND what's worse... I THEN attempted to open a SECOND spoiler bit on the same page (about Jedi disappearing). My internet connection is so bad and slow that I came to my senses before the page downloaded... and I made my way here.

I'm all for a non-spoiler policy on TPM main page for obvious reasons.

14. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    My name is Twink Kee, and I was a spoilerholic.

8-}

15. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I have a question: what exactly constitutes a spoiler? Is it anything regarding Ep. 3 or only things that must be highlighted? Where do pictures fit in? Are they spoilers? What about Select pictures? I'm not sure if I should go look at the tfn article on Ep. 3 bits because I don't know if it's a spoiler or not.

16. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    Hello everyone- my name is Darth Jaxon and I used to be a spoiler junkie. I couldn't get enough of them. I'd gobble them up like heroin. However, I've been spoiler free since mid April and I hope to stay that way until EP III with your help.

17. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    :( I think the TF.N newsletter had an excerpt from the Starlog interview in it. I don't want to read them, but how tempting is it when they e-mail them to you?! :( Needless to say, I deleted it immediately.

Bye-Bye TF.N newsletter!

18. tomm4004

tomm4004 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    I was totally spoiler free for AOTC (no previews, articles, TV, nothing). I had seen a picture of HC in the desert and Obi-Wan with a beard. And I knew they went to Tunisia and Italy. But that's it.

But it's going to be extemely hard for Ep. 3. Just knowing the filming locations will give some stuff away. Just knowing the actor list (Liam? James Earl?) will give things away to a certain extent.

I highly recommend going spoiler free. It made AOTC so much better I think. Everything, from ships to costumes to plot points, was new and a surprise.

I will be out of these forums before filming starts next summer. Then I will see you in 2005.

19. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Okay, I was about 10-15% spoiled for AotC for most of the wait, however in the month before May 19th, I was accidentally spoiled about Boba Fett being a clone, Shmi being killed by Tusken Raiders, and about Anakin losing his arm. I was pretty pissed, because I went from 10-15% to 30-40% spoiled in a month's time!

Take it from me, staying unspoiled is hard, and it is something you have to work at. It's not like dieting and saying, "okay I can't have chocolate." It's like saying,"I can't have chocolate." and having hundreds of people with hershey bars trying to shove it down your throat.

I personally don't think I can do it alone, so I'm glad there is this Support Group. I hope you can help me, and I hope I can help you.

I want to be no more than 5% spoiled, which boils down to knowing the names of some of the actors in it, and watching the trailers.

20. Twink_Kee

Twink_Kee Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 1, 2001
    I'm here for you.

Solidarity, brother!

8-}

21. SaberSlinger

SaberSlinger Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I'm gonna try really, really, hard to stay spoiler-free but I have to admit my first spoiler experience with AOTC was awesome. I just hope I can muster some willpower.

I'm a junkie :(

o]||||{ -------SaberSlinger-------

22. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Oh... yeah, Solidarity Reg.

23. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    The same thing happened to me, MoronDude. In the last month before AotC came out I found out so much I didn't want to. Before I hadn't been reading spoilers or anything. And I honestly think AotC would have been better the first time if I hadn't known what was going to happen.

24. DarthOnion

DarthOnion Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    I'm going to be spoiler free for Episode III! It's going to be hard... visiting TF.N was a daily ritual up until and after seeing AOTC but now I fear I must stop. These forums are too tempting also... I'll probably stop coming here. Not that that matters much, I'm not really a fixture here anyway. Still, I feel that complete abstinence from this site and all that is related is the only way to stay spoiler free. It'll be kind of cool going into the theater (three years from now!!) and not knowing what to expect. This is going to be tough.

25. WellKnownCharacter

WellKnownCharacter Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    This is a great idea! I was completly spoiled for like a year before Episode II and i want to be spoiler free for episode III!
    But its gonna be SO hard! This thread must not die!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.