main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] ***Official Spoiler Free Support Group***

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Ugly_Dookling, Jun 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    It's the principle, though, that I almost read it...I resisted, though!

Man this is gonna be a hard one...

2. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I know that there isn't anything to worry about in reading that stuff now. I mean, geez, we can go to PSA and it's not really spoiler now. There's nothing out to be spoiled by.

But, I don't know why I want so much information this time around. I don't know what to do. [face_plain]

3. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Bury your head in the sand for three years.
    :p

4. tabbafett

tabbafett Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2001
    This sucks. I didn't highlight any of that speculation stuff, but i still feel so weak. :(

I can't wait for the Episode II dvd to come out. That will help tide things over. I hope.

5. Master_Domtis

Master_Domtis Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    It's the last one, of course we're all going to want spoilers, the funney thing is that we all already know what is left that has to happen, and yet knowing that is not enough.

I guess the main reason that it is so hard this time around is simply due to the fact that we do already know so much. That's how it starts, trust me, I was completely spoiled for ep II, down to who survived the arena.....well, most of them at least. You get a small piece of information and want more. It's the snowball effect. Our snowballs started with the process of elimination.....

...man, what a time to convert eh? ;)

edit = spelling
    edit2=spelling....gr

6. tabbafett

Mar 16, 2001
    And to think, this is the first test among many. Adventure, spoilment, a Jedi craves not these things. Well a lil bit maybe.

7. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    well considering my spoiler free group didn't last very long i will come in here, i notcied in the countdown thread someone crossed already, and there aren't any spoilers out yet. so it will get difficult later we will have to support those who want to turn.
    i plan on going the distance.

8. tabbafett

Mar 16, 2001
    Welcome aboard. I'm trying now to build up my resistance to curiosity so when the time comes I will be ready. But for now I'm going to go have some fruity pebbles.

9. BobaFett688

BobaFett688 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2001
    Question for UglyDooku: was it a big spoiler? No details, just tell me if you already feel like you've ruined some of the movie.

10. BobaFett688

Sep 7, 2001
    Oh, boy, this is gonna be really tough.

11. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I didn't read the highlighted section, as tempting as it was. As Jabbachile said, it's the principle. It may not be anything new, but I can't get used to highlighting, even small things like this. As I found out with AotC, all the small spoilers add up and you know the majority of the movie before you realize it.

12. BobaFett688

Sep 7, 2001
    Yeah, really. The only reason I was disappointed when I saw AOTC was because I knew EVERY FREAKIN' THING ABOUT IT. I figured, "Hey, there's gotta be SOME spoiler I didn't read yet." That, and the fact that I watched the bootleg copy of the Spiderman-Yoda trailer. I think the reason I enjoyed TPM so much was that I didn't really know any of the plot points. But with AOTC, I knew all the details and was expecting to see a few scenes that ended up being cut out of the movie.

Oh yeah, and if anyone here decides to crack and read spoilers, don't tell us you're doing it because it will give us all a momentary surge of either bravery or stupidity and we'll all end up journeying to the spoiler forums together.

We don't want THAT to happen, now, do we?

13. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Oh of course. Even though I knew too much, it was still awesome. :)

14. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Yeah, I don't think I could have disliked AOTC no matter how much I knew. The movie freakin' rocked! But, I was very happy to be spoiler-free.

15. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    And you will be very happy to be Spoiler-free again Queenie. I have faith that you can resist the spoilers.

16. Lukecash

Lukecash Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    My name is Lukecash

I was a Spoiler junkie for Episode II

My sad story begins a few weeks before ROTJ: I avoided reading anything from magazines (Remember magazines...the days before the Internet?)
    Mom and I are bringing my brother home from college.

he says "Hey, I know what happens in ROTJ. They Released the Comics in the Store and some guys on the radio told us the plots. You want to hear it?

I squeeled in protest "No, I don't want to know'

Mom says, "Oh sure, I'll forget it before I see the movie anyway"

So, there I was, trapped in a car. while my brother told me things that I waited almost three years to find out in movie form.

Episode I I avoided spoilers until a few weeks before the movie...then I just needed to know. I had not discovered TFN yet. AICN had reviews and spoilers on them.

After TPM, I found TFN. And I have been a spoiler junkie ever since.

While I admit that I still loved AOTC despite knowing the whole plot. I was even happy at the way Lucas actually directed some of the "questionable" scenes.

But the thing is...there were no surprises. I missed the days when Star Wars was a complet and utter discovery. ESB was an OMG after OMG.

I am going to remain spoiler free.

Here's how I am going to do it. The Force.net is my only Star Wars source.

I do not even go to the front page...I go directly to the boards. I will not go to Epsiode III spoiler area.

HOWEVER!

My question is this. Do we deny ourselves trailers?

Since Lucasfilms always manages to put together trailers that don't give away the story. However, some of the images can ruin the suspence of seing something for the first time.

17. tabbafett

Mar 16, 2001
    Here's what I think I might do about trailers. I think we talked about this earlier or maybe it's on another thread but someone said that they weren't going to download any of the trailers because they end up watching them over and over and over, I too hit did the replay action. And they thought that this ruined all those moments because he/she had seen and became too acustom to them. I thought this was a good idea, so I think im going to follow on a similar path. I also don't think I'm going to seek them out, but if I happen to go to a movie and there is a star wars trailer I'll probably watch it and trust george. My only other option would be to run out of the theatre screaming "SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!" And that's really not my style. :p

18. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I've decided that I'm just going to watch the teaser trailer when its released. I wasn't able to watch the trailers and other teasers for AOTC due to having limited computer access for awhile earlier in the year. After I saw AOTC and then watched the full trailers, I realised how much of the "cool bits" were in them and how much more I appreciated the film not having seen those bits beforehand.

19. tabbafett

Mar 16, 2001
    I'd like to avoid the trailers if I can. I can always watch them on the dvd when it comes out. I just hope that they don't attatch them to movies I actually want to see.

20. BobaFett688

Sep 7, 2001
    I'm gonna stay Spoiler-Free til Episode III, but I'm not going to avoid going to the TFN main page just for that reason. After all, I'm anxiously awaiting any news on the Original Trilogy DVD, and TFN will have it first. Plus, I've got my own site, The Star Wars Empire, and if I didn't visit TFN, who would I steal news and non-spoiler Episode III stuff from?

By the way, give me a visit if you will.

21. BobaFett688

Sep 7, 2001
    Trust me, Queenie, you wouldn't have had as much fun if you had read spoilers.

22. BobaFett688

Sep 7, 2001
    That's it! I'm going in there! I'm going in to the Spoiler forums. No, not to spoil myself silly, but to rally more users to our cause! Someone cover me!

23. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Well, I've been in the Spoilers board recently. There's nothing over there that we don't have in here...yet. It won't take long, though.

Yes, I am very glad to be spoiler-free for two main reasons:

1) If for only two hours, I have the satisfaction of watching a brand new SW movie that I know little about.

2) I would much rather hang out and speculate with the handful of people here in NSA than with the tons over in PSA. It's much cozier and relaxing here.

24. tabbafett

Mar 16, 2001
    That was the first thing I noticed my first time in here. There is so much more reason in this non-spoiler area. I stopped posting at the episode II spoiler forum long ago, it just wasn't worth it to me anymore.

Seeing this forum alive brings warm feelings to my heart.

25. BobaFett688

Sep 7, 2001
    I think I've convinced one user to join the non-spoiler forums, but then the topic got locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.