main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] Revenge of the Sith--officially PG-13???

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by BauconBatista, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    ROTS finally the first PG-13 SW??????

I found this while "browsing" the 3SA(Read: I had my screen minimized to avoid spoilers)--needless to say, the people are currently going BALLISTIC on the MPAA Rating thread there.

Could it be? I'm still waiting for more "official" confirmations, but if it's true... :eek:

(Dustin, Windy, I apologize if this isn't "necessary", but since I didn't see anything regarding this here...)

2. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Coolness!

No more kiddie stuff, only stuff approved for prebubescent teenagers!!! ;)

In all seriousness, this are GREAT NEWS.

3. Darth_Surgent

Darth_Surgent Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2004
    Very good news. :)

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yes. There will be "sci-fi violence and intense images" in ROTS, I can tell you that for sure.

This was a foregone conclusion if Lucas left everything in.

My one worry was that he would pull back to save the rating, I'm glad he didn't.

5. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Going ballistic as in angry or as in happy?

6. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I think both.

I am so happy about this :D Whee!

7. jariten

jariten Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2000
    well i'm fairly sure Sith got a PG rating in the UK.

8. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    Who cares? Why be happy about a rating? I'll be happy about a good movie.

ROTS will be great
    /LM

9. Darth_Sailant

Darth_Sailant Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    well i'm fairly sure Sith got a PG rating in the UK.
    And I'm fairly sure that no rating has been announced here in the UK yet...

10. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I'm pretty sure that it will get the same rating as the others here in Sweden. We don't have a 13 year limit. We only have 11 and 15. Star Wars usually gets the 11 year limit.

Revenge is salty
    /LM

11. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I'm very happy to hear that it is official.

12. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    This is really great news.
    He held nothing back, it has all be released.

-Seldon

13. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    If this is truely official, then why haven't we had confirmation from another source, or why hasn't StarWars.com updated with a message? I've done some searching on the MPAA's website, and I haven't seen anything there either.

I don't doubt that Revenge of the Sith will earn a PG-13 rating, but I do not believe that it is official just yet.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

14. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    aint-it-cool-news has also reported this. I'm excited, can't wait to see what Lucas has in store for us.

15. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    They didn't cite their source. I am just waiting for another source besides the "Daily Herald" to report this story before I get excited....

too windy for spoilers!

16. marajadebean

marajadebean Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2005
    Okay, raise your hands here, how many of you would have dug for this movie to rated R? heh heh That was something oft discussed for a few people I knew back in the day of TPM. It was fun but I knew it would never happen.

I also read the article on AICN, they just always think they love to have the big scoop and don't get me started on their talkbackers :rolleyes:. But is this all really a surprise? George talked about this pretty frankly in the 60 Minutes interview and said he wasn't going to hold back. I felt it made a PG-13 a given.

17. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    It's not official yet. It's pretty obvious that it'll be PG-13, but no official announcement has been made. ;)

Edit: Remember, AICN reported that what's his name would be the voice of Grievous after getting ONE EMAIL about it... totally fake story, they fell for it and it created an internet phenomenon.

18. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    I think GL said, in the Super-Spoilerific 60 Minutes interview (stay away from it, you must, if, to remain spoiler free, you want!), that ROTS will "probably" be PG-13.

I think that's as official as anything else we have.

19. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Yet Lucas is not the MPAA. Thus, it is not official until it is...official.

too windy for spoilers!

20. BareBodkin

BareBodkin Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    Its good to see GL's going all out to make this one amazing, PG ratings be damned.

21. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I don't care about the rating. As long as Lucas made the best film that he could without worrying about the rating to tell the story that needed telling, that's what matters. Adding extra violence or gore into the film to get a PG-13 would be just as bad as cutting something that he felt was what the story needed to lower the rating to a PG.

I was a bit surprised after seeing AOTC that it managed to avoid a PG-13. Look at Spiderman, which came out that same summer. It did not have a mother tortured to death, multiple decapitations, arms chopped off, creatures cleaved in half. All of which AOTC had, not to mention that AOTC is darker in overall tone, but Spiderman ends up as PG-13 while Episode II was PG.

22. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    SpiderMan had a certain scene with MJ in the rain...

The Padme white jumpsuit controversy was nonsense... I can't see anything.... and you bet your a** i looked!! lol

23. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Honestly, after all I've seen, I'd be damned suprised (and confused as hell with the MPAA) if RotS isn't rated PG-13.
    Keep in mind, PG-13 doesn't mean more grown up or serious. A PG-13 movie could be Jar-Jar's magic adventure and get slapped with a 13 rating if boobs are briefly shown.
    ESB is PG and would remain PG even if it was rated afer PG-13 was invented. AotC had far more violence and disturbing imagery than ESB (mother dying in son's arms, son holding father's decapitated helmet) and it got PG. With that in mind, my theater rated AotC PG-13 anyway. I feel for what we saw. that was more fitting.

24. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Okay, raise your hands here, how many of you would have dug for this movie to rated R?

I wanted it to be rated NC-17...

If indeed RotS receives the PG-13, it won't be for the overall seriousness of the storyline, it'll be for graphic violence or something like that. I'm still not sure I understand the standards of the MPAA, though. TPM had someone getting sliced in half in plain sight, which was just as graphic as anything we've seen in the RotS trailers. What would be PG-13-level violence, Anakin's guts oozing all over the place in his immolation scene?

I secretly sort of like graphic violence. I'm excited about this. ;)

25. jariten

jariten Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2000
    "And I'm fairly sure that no rating has been announced here in the UK yet..."

UCI would beg to differ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.