main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] *The OFFICIAL Episode III Spoiler Alert Thread*

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stinrab, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    SPOILER ALERT THREAD
    ATTENTION ALL 3NS USERS: PLEASE READ

This is the new Spoiler Alert thread for the 3NSA forum, modeled after k kanos' ***Spoiler Alert*** thread. Cheers also go out to wstraka5 for ressurecting the idea. All of the sites listed here have spoilers on them. If you wish to remain spoiler-free, do not go to these sites; not a peak, not a glance, avoid these sites at all costs!!

If you know of any threads that any spoilers in them, ALERT EITHER Mace Windy or stinrab!

For information on what is regarded as a spoiler, please see this thread:
    Updated Non-Spoiler Forum Rules (everyone read)

The purpose of this thread is to alert other users of the 3NS forum to potential spoilers so they can be steered clear of. These spoiler warnings can be regarding any area (ie. The JC, TF.N or the media in general)

Some rules and guidelines regarding this thread:
    1. Try and not be descriptive when alerting 3NS users to the spoiler discovered. A simple warning (eg. Do not go to blahblah.com?s article section because a whole heap of potential spoilers are contained there) will suffice.
    2. The spoilers alerted to in this thread can be from both on and off this forum (ie. Articles, websites etc. can also be alerted to)
    3. a) Spoiled members and moderators are NOT to post spoiler warnings in this thread. The reason for this is that they could point out something which 3NS users thought was mere speculation (ie. By alerting us to the presence of a spoiler, they could, innocently, spoil the users of this forum). This has been eloquently put by Mace Windy as follows:
    I remember several occasions in the past, in which a mod from an outside forum would enter the NS forum, see a spoiler buried in speculation, and remove it. As a result, every member of that forum who had read that post which they believed only contained speculation now knew that that what they had read had been a spoiler. They weren't spoiled by the post themselves, they were actually spoiled by the fact that the post was edited.
    b) This means that only 3NS users can post spoiler warnings in this thread. The administration reserves the right to punish members who abuse this thread.
    4. As a result of the above, only contact a non-3NS moderator in emergencies. Once the spoilers start pouring in in early 2003, the role of outside mods in this forum will be drastically reduced.
    5. If a member only thinks that an item is a spoiler, he should refrain from posting in this thread or contacting a moderator

As always, if you have questions or concerns about the NS forum, feel free to PM Mace Windy, or stinrab.

2. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
    "These spoiler warnings can be regarding any area (ie. The JC, TF.N or the media in general) "

Yay! I'm glad this has been cleared up. There was some rather rude people in the previous thread who felt warnings about other websites or television programs didn't belong in alert threads. Good to know that I can come in here and check up to see if I need to avoid Entertainment Tonight for the next 3 years. ;) :D

3. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Great thread. :)

521 :)

4. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    This is good to know. Thanks for the info. :)

GO 'CLONES!

5. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Looks good, stinrab. This will definately come in handy come spring/summer of this year...

6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    This might be kind of a no-brainer, but I wanted to point out that in order for this thread to serve its intended purpose, it should only be posted to and thereby upped when a spoiler is observed.

That being said, I'll leave now and not post here again until I see a spoiler. :)

7. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    ALERT!

Anyone who reads DarkHorizons may want to skim through the latest update (Jan 23rd '03) as it contains the James Earl Jones quote put up by TFN earlier this week

8. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    WATCH OUT

Ain't it Cool News and DarkHorizons have posted somewhat spoilerish ep3 synopsis. At a guess, it'd probably just contain stuff we already know but you can never be too sure ;)

9. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    ** MAJOR SPOILER ALERT - DARK HORIZONS ****
    June 13, 2003 -

Avoid the "Dark Horizons" website at ALL costs today - Garth (the web-dude) has kindly written "Spoiler Alert" an *entire* 2 spaces before listing a fairly major spoiler ...

Dark Horizons, great site as it may be, is OFF my list of places to visit, until the webmaster learns how to list spoilers properly!

C_B

10. jedimelis

jedimelis Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    How on earth am I going to avoid being spoiled when stupid DJs in my city release spoiler info on air???? It happened to me. Here's a warning, when there are spoiler warnings coming out.. try to avoid all sorts of media for a while.

11. Crispy_Fried_Dentic

Crispy_Fried_Dentic Jedi Youngling star 2

May 27, 2003
    Folks, if you don't want to see any "official" images, Don't go into the YJCC thread "Image=post with an image"

Some yutz just posted an official image in there. :mad:

12. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    DO NOT GO TO HARRY KNOWLES OR AIN'T IT COOL NEWS! THEY TEND TO BE CORRECT WITH THEIR SPOILERS ABOUT 50% OF THE TIME! ALSO AVOID DARK HORIZONS!

13. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Dark Horizons has the pics from that French mag FRONT AND CENTER - you cannot avoid seeing them, so don't visit DH.

Garth did give at least *some* spoiler notice, as noted above for his spy report spoilers, but there was no warning for the pics.

14. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    For our Australian completely spoiler-free folk, do not turn to page 3 of today's Daily Telegraph

15. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

Stinrab: What we in the spoiler and trailer free club consider a spoiler, is also officially released pictures.

Afai can see, this is not a spoiler in the guideline thread.

We would perhaps put alerts out that isn't considered a spoiler by those who aren't in the club!

Not that I have a problem posting it twice, but just so you know.

DD - Love & Laughter

16. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    Officially released pics are going to be confined to OS threads. Any such pic(s) shown in any other 3NS threads will be deleted and the user warned/punished

As for this thread, well, feel free to post spoiler alerts in regards to official pictures if you wish :)

17. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

Spoiler alert!!!!!

At Filmforce.net there is a spoiler, name of characther revealed. :(

I am going to have to find the select few sites on the net soon, since at present the spoilers are free flowing.

DD - Love & Laughter

18. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Don't go to the spoiler forum, even to browse. There's officially released pictures in the banner.

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    you might want to avoid fark.com as well - I haven't seen anything TOO major, but I did just see the working title for the movie, not that anyone cares - and the link was to theforce.net main page. ;)

Just warning that in the future, farkers might be spoiled.

20. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Even if you want to be spoiled for another movie (say, X-Men 3), don't go to Scifi.com . . . I got spoiled by a thing on their side bar. :( No warning whatsoever!

(Okay, so it was kind of my fault, but I didn't think they'd just put it up on plain sight! I thought they'd make you click on a link ... :p )

21. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    In the wake of what has been going on in this forum lately, lets not forget about this little thread, which if utilized correctly, can be a big help in the prevention of our community members being spoiled unwantedly.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

22. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Just wondering, Windy, was that thread created by JawasAteJabba a spoiler? I really hope not, my poor little spoiler-free heart would be crushed! 8-}

23. Jedi_Lord_Windu

Jedi_Lord_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    wait, how do we use this thread to prevent spoilers?

24. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]Jedi_Lord_Windu, it's so we can warn each other to NOT go to other web sites and such that have spoilers on them.

Say you see a spoiler by accident at "ain't it cool news". Well, in your rage from being spoiled, you can come in and warn us to not go there for a while and get spoiled. :)[/color]

25. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Goofy, don't ask questions that you don't want the answers to. If you know for sure that it is a spoiler, then you're spoiled, if you're not sure, then you will still be wondering if that is true when you see the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.