main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] *The OFFICIAL Episode III Spoiler Alert Thread*

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stinrab, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Good point. It's driving me crazy, but nonetheless, I guess I don't want to know! :)

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Since the recent deluge of spoilers breaking in the past couple of weeks, I haven't visited any of the other forums here for fear of being spoiled.

Does anyone here know how the other forums (i.e., TPM, AOTC, Classic Trilogy) have been so far for revealing spoilers?

I'm playing better safe than sorry, but if you think it's safe, I miss the other forums. Or fora.

3. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Most of the smaller forums should be relatively safe (they don't attract as many trolls)

4. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Spoiler Alert!

I don't know the details, but theforce.net's main page said that the cartoonnetwork.com's main page may have accidentally confirmed something about Episode III.

I'll leave it at that,

do not visit www.cartoonnetwork.com!

5. DarthSidious1

DarthSidious1 Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2002
    Shouuld the Clone Wars Cartoon be avoided all together? I was just wondering. I already saw that there is one spoiler asociated with the Clone Wars Cartoon. I was looking forward to watching the Clone Wars, but if there are going to be numerous spoilers, I'll probably wait until after episode 3 to watch them.

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    not sure. I might suck it up and see what the actual spoiler was.

theforce.net made it sound like the cartoon network "accidentally" confirmed a spoiler, I'm not what that means exactly.

I don't think the cartoon itself will be spoilerish, just info on the website that caused the spoiler. Hopefully there will be an update within the next few days.

I'm still watching the toon regardless. :D

7. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    It was on the official site, not the cartoon network site, I believe. And the information has sinced been removed from the OS, though I don't know why.

8. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Hyperspace members who want to avoid major spoilers would be advised to stay away from today's "Before the Helmet" pic.

Trust me and stay away.

9. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Yeah, definitely stay away from the Behind The Helmet picture. I haven't even seen it, just read one quick sentence about it, and it's enough to make me hate Hyperspace even more than before. 8-}

10. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    I like the way it's stated as though like everybody saw it coming. LOL

It'd be enough to give anyone who's spoiler-free heart palpatations.

11. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    On the Jedi Council Forums Main avoid the Active Topics List. There's always a spoiler there!

12. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    darth_LUKESKYWALKER's current thread talks of a rumor... I dunno if it's true or not, but if it is, it's a spoiler. Just avoid that thread, in case!

Rick McCallum loves you!

13. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I'm thinking that most of the really spoiler frees don't have Hyperspace... but if you're at all concerned... DON'T WATCH THE NEW VIDEO SERIES!

Holy Batman, they showed/talked about sets we only speculated about with the webcam, revealed one of the "new" planets, showed costumes/weapons, parts of the freakin' duel!

You've been warned!

14. muymaul

muymaul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 1999
    Steer away from the link to the article "EP3: Daily Mirror Runs Episode III Spoiler Pics!" on the main page. The link takes you to the Ep3 page and while it does not show the pictures, there is a description of the images in the text of the article that is open for everyone to read, i.e., you don't have to highlight it to read.

15. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Just taking care of this for Ghost.

He pointed out that the game SW: Battlefront coming out this fall may have possible spoilers. And he's more right than he knows.

The game takes place during both the PT and the OT, depending on the mission, I believe.

But: at least one of the missions contains spoilers for Episode III, of the location variety IIRC. It's not going to ruin the movie for you, but you might as well stay away.

16. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    stay out of the obsidian forums

17. muymaul

muymaul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 1999
    Be careful to steer clear of the article "EP3: Grievous and Bodyguards Shown at E3" on the main page. There are some minor spoilers given in the article.

18. LORDeron_MAULer

Apr 6, 2003
    alright as i was asking on another now closed topic,

someone has claimed on anotehr sw forum that Lucasfilm has officially confirmed that a character we know (lets vall him "George" in case its an actual spoiler,) will beat another character we know (lets call him "Edd")in a fight.

At one point they were talking whether either would win,

someone said "No, Edd would woop George" (or soemthing to that effect.

then conversation went on until, another person said

"You don't get it, the guy at Lucasfilm has OFFICIALLY STATED THAT GEORGE WILL BEAT EDD EASILY" or somesuch.
    the scary part is that the officially confirmed info that we arn't suppoed to bring up here and has minor "spoilers" which i tolerate, seems to fit with the spoiler, although it really desn;t confirm it eiter. would lucasfilm really give out major points?

19. LORDeron_MAULer

Apr 6, 2003
    soo uh no one can answer?

20. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Maybe he was talking about some interview with someone (cast/crew)? Just like people ask who'd be better in a duel - Hayden or Ewan. Someone might mistake information like that for 'official information' :) Because I doubt anything really important can leave Skywalker Ranch.. with George's permission.

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I have heard rumblings about scenes involving certain characters, but ABSOLUTELY nothing concrete at all, and I haven't heard anything about George beating Edd handily. ;)

Unless you see it on the OS, I wouldn't put any weight on it. There (thankfully) has been a huge crackdown by LFL on leaking info this time around, so the spoilers are much more tame in nature, compared to AOTC.

22. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    Avoid Captain Typhos post in the 'What's there for R2 to do?' thread. It's not a big spoiler, but I'm pretty p1ssed that I've just read it.

23. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    that spoiler has been edited by a mod, just to update the situation. :)

My bad on that one......

24. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    UP.

I'd strongly warn everyone to stay away from the Topps SW: Heritage series of SW cards.

There are ROTS-related cards with completed shots, and there are definite spoilers - PARTICULARLY with the written descriptions on the back. The images themselves aren't too bad.

25. Ness

Ness Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2004
    stay away from fansites like natalieportman.com ROTS pics on the front page

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.