main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] *The OFFICIAL Episode III Spoiler Alert Thread*

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stinrab, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    i hear there may be spoilers in some shape or form in Star WArs Battlefront. can anyone confirm or dispell that?

2. muymaul

muymaul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 1999
    I just watched the trailer on the official site when I noticed that the pop-up window it is shown in has an advertisement of the Ep3 game. The image on it may be a spoiler if it truly is a part of the movie. I was really surprised to see it, but if it is true it is really cool! I don't know if that advertisement comes up everytime or not when viewing the trailer.

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    hard to say - video games obviously don't follow the films exactly, so I wouldn't be too surprised if it wasn't part of ROTS - but I was as surprised as you were. ;)

4. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Thankfully, I've stayed away from that.
    I remember that the TPM game came out before the film, so I guess we'll even have to be wary of videogame magazines...

5. Darth Trypsin

Darth Trypsin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    Avoid comingsoon.net Episode 3 Section, damn captions!!!
    And I would generally avoid the HS forums at the OS. The Mods there seem pretty gung hoe at banning people and locking topics.

6. durga2112

durga2112 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    I've read a lot about the ROTS game trailer containing spoilers, so I've avoided looking at it. But I'm curious - just because something can happen in the game, does that necessarily mean that it has to happen in the movie as well? I mean, if you are in control of a certain character, wouldn't you be able to do things that don't necessarily happen in the movie?

Unless it's like the Rebel Assault games, where you're basically locked in to one path for the entire game and you have very little choice as to what happens next.

So, for those in the know - if I decide to watch the game trailer, will I be spoiled for sure, or will I see some cool things that may or may not happen in the movie?

7. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    You WILL be spoiled for sure, but some of the stuff you see you will not see in the film - I can pretty much guarantee that.

8. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    As a former spoiler person, I can say the ROTS game trailer revels alot. I would avoid it.

9. DarthDrew

DarthDrew Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 26, 2002
    If you see a repeat of the "In the Actors Studio" interview with Natalie Portman, change the channel. She gives a fairly major spoiler.

Also, watch out for commercials for SW toys. I got spoiled from one and already groused about it on here.

10. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    She does? I watched it as well, but don't remember her saying anything spoilerific... :confused:

11. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    ATTENTION ALL 3NSA'ERS!!!!!!!!!

I read a spoiler in the Classic Trilogy forum (by accident, darnit!) called "I thought Vader wanted Luke so that he could defeat Sidious?". A poster named Lord-Draco reveals a ROTS spoiler in the discussion so I just wanted to let everyone know in case they happen to come across that thread. I already let Garth know so I'm pretty sure it is a spoiler. Just in case, ya might not want to take any chances!

Whatever you do, DON'T READ IT!!!!!!!

12. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Ah thanks, I was actually just going to check that thread :s

13. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Actually, it's not too bad - I can't remember, but it sounds like a lot of speculation to me.

If you've already read it by chance, don't worry.

14. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    If you're HCSF don't look at the Walmart displays on TFN... the toys reveal who fights whom in a couple of battles.

15. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I feel sorry for all the HCSF Collectors. The RotS merchandice doesn't hold any spoilers back. :p

16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Don't visit rumored toy lists. There's one up on rebelscum.com linking to a new list of toys posted on 4-inches.de which contains a major spoiler (probably several) without mentioning spoilers.

Also, STAY AWAY from these sites:

Rebelscum's ROTS forum
    Millenium Falcon (ULTRA SPOILER SITE)
    starwars-union.de (ULTRA SPOILER SITE)
    siqus (or something- French collectors and general discussion site) features finished shots containing major spoilers

17. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    %&$%&$%*%$^$#^@#$%$#@^%$&#$&^%#$^#^%^&(^&%#$@%

Avoid ComingSoon.net's Star Wars roundup AT ALL 'EFFING COSTS--the most recent article has a incredibly spolery picture at the very top WITHOUT ANY ^#$^#$^#$ WARNING.

:(

18. muymaul

muymaul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 1999
    Beware the article on the TFN main page about the music of ROTS. It turns out to have some spoilers in the article along with some song titles which are spoilery.

19. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Man, this is a great thread!

I'm stopping here before I read anything. Especially once the mainstream magazines come out. Those are the ones that killed parts of TPM for me. Those people don't care for a second what they give away.

20. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Well, TFN's done it again. Spoilers in the news story titles. This is actually the second one I've noticed recently. [face_plain]

21. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    Here's another one: watch out for ROTS pics in the Valentine's Day icons. It's too late for me now, but I'd thought I'd give a heads-up for anyone else. If you're trying to avoid all pictures, be sure to steer clear, because there were certainly some I had never seen before.

For those of you who use Firefox and want to be thorough, you can block:

http://www1.theforce.net/jc/icons/valentines

22. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    Like I said in the other thread, HCSFs should avoid the Small Screen forum at all costs. Don't let this happen to you too. :(

23. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    DoubleSith does not have 3NS access, but has warned me that:

the new issue of Entertainment Weekly has severe ROTS spoilers - evidently they got early access to the ROTS graphic novel.

Avoid at all costs.

24. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Don't look at the www.wikipedia.com ROTS entry, it's got spoilers.

25. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Like I said in the other thread, HCSFs should avoid the Small Screen forum at all costs. Don't let this happen to you too.

Since you may not have seen it, the person who posted that removed it and apologized, and said it was just their speculation and that they were spoiler-free. Hope that helps.

Then 2ndQuest came in with a warning about spoilers, and how they'd result in a banning. And the spoiler situation hasn't been nearly as bad as it was with the first season, so I think it's going to be pretty safe. But still, if you want to be absolutely safe, sticking to 3NS would be best. Personally, I read a bunch of forums, and haven't been accidently spoiled recently at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.