main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] *The OFFICIAL Episode III Spoiler Alert Thread*

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stinrab, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Well that's good. I hope it was indeed just speculation. But props to Quest for taking care of it anyway. I think he should be an official mod for that forum.

2. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Do not go to comingsoon.net.

They have a link to spoiler pictures and in the description on the main page there is a spoiler that I was rather upset to read when they described what pictures they had.

3. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    If you're HCSF I would recommend NEVER clicking on the Star Wars links at comingsoon.net, they are notorious for posting spoilers.

4. Soothsayer

Sep 20, 1999
    I did not click the link. It is on the description on the main page. It says:

Click below for ROTS Pics of SPOILER!

5. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    no offense but wasn't that comingsoon link to a certain spoiler pic pretty much a given anyway? As long as you didn't see the pic it really doesn't matter

6. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Thanks for the Entertainment Weekly alert. I'm on vacation at my cousins and noticed an Entertainment Weekly on the floor near the mail slot with a big picture of Darth Vader and "Secrets of Star Wars" written on it. I was about to open up to it but luckily I read this thread a couple days ago.

7. Soothsayer

Sep 20, 1999
    As far as the comingsoon.net....yes I assumed it, but still reading it made me feel dirty and I felt a little warning was in order.

Never can be too safe

8. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    If you are HCSF (and trailer free)and have kids...don't go looking for clothes at Target; they have their ROTS kids' shirts out already. Nothing too spoilerish, but if you are trying to avoid visual things like the ship designs or images of the duel you don't want to see these shirts.

9. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    But do they have any SW shirts in the big boys department? :D

Anywho, I was just on eBay and I saw a big Star Wars ad on the front page. And I just had to click on it. I'm not sure if what I saw on the next page was something new I hadn't seen before or if it was just something I didn't recognize right of. Could've been Classic Trilogy, could've been ROTS. I'm not sure. But just in case, I'm not going to look again.

10. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Watch out for spoilers in the Collecting forum. :(

11. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    My friend thinks he got mega-spoiled on the Lego Star Wars video game...

Too bad.

But the good thing is, I'm actually LESS spoiled than he is. now :)

12. Blyte_the_Noghri

Blyte_the_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2003
    Be careful at Walmart!! Avoid it if you can. Took the family there for groceries last night and was going to avoid the action figure aisle. Just going down the barbie for the girl and Thomas the train for the boy, when I learn they redesignated an aisle just for Star Wars, then I saw that they had tons (and I mean tons of the toys) going down the main aisles of the store between clothes and electronics. Could not help but see way too much. Stay home and send others out to shop for you now!!!!!!

13. Count_Pooku

Count_Pooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    Totally agree with the above post. Kmart here in Australia is not without it fair share of Star Wars toys. Heaps of them with descriptions that are quite spoilery. There was a diary thing there with information about the film. Opened it up and to my disgust, I read a MAJOR plot point. Possibly the very moment I'll look back on as THE one that spoiled ROTS for me too much!

14. Winston_Sith

Apr 8, 2004
    Well, Count_Pooku, as 2 of the 3 lines in your sig are pretty spoiler-ific to me... I really don't know how to react (yes, I do!)

MODS!!! He has spoilers in his sig!

This is a HCSF thread!

Take care of this.

15. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    PM sent.

I would warn with great emphasis to stay away from the TOPPS Revenge of the Sith cards.

They are very, VERY spoilerific.

16. Winston_Sith

Apr 8, 2004
    Thanks, Garth_Maul. :)

17. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    The latest update to the OS has a bunch of action figure pictures. Specifically, one of the Anakin Skywalker #50 figure that has been warned about in the collecting threads. It gives away what he looks like at, to be as vague as possible, a critical point in the movie.

18. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    Avoid the ROTS calendar at all costs! In a moment of weakness, I looked at the back and I saw two images that were very spoilish.

Also, steer clear of the 12" Ultimate Villain Vader figure when you're at the toy store.

19. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Yeah definitely avoid the calendar!! I am really mad at myself for looking at the back!LUckily it was just a glimpse

20. Worst_Jedi_Ever

Worst_Jedi_Ever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Even if you are not entirely HCSF, I'd suggest staying away from the new Premiere magazine. I am not too hardcore--I have seen the teaser trailer and some of the merchandising stuff--but there's a particular image in the article that I would have been MUCH happier seeing for the first time on opening night. This is the only thing I've seen so far that really made me feel spoiled. If you're even moderately spoiler-free, I'd say the Premiere article is definitely something to avoid.

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    In general, I don't see why 3NS'ers should pick up ANY media source dealing with ROTS at this point in the game.

Especially when the early reviews hit (i.e. TIME magazine), there will be spoilers.

22. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    I definitely won't read any of the reviews for ROTS. Not only for fear of spoilers, but also because I don't want to read the same complaints that were thrown around for TPM and AOTC.

23. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    I definitely won't read any of the reviews for ROTS.

I'll save you the time. Pick one of these two:

"Blah blah blah Lucas' over-reliance on CGI instead of plot blah blah blah wooden acting blah blah lost it since the original trilogy blah the Clone Wars were better blah blah not enough Vader."

"Blah blah redeemed himself with this one blah blah glad there's less Jar Jar blah blah blah what the previous two should have been blah listened to the fans and made it PG-13 blah blah not enough Vader."

24. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    thanks for the heads up on the Time magazine article. I get Time in the mail so i'll stash that one away.

do you know which week the StarWars review will be on for Time magazine?

25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Guessing the first week of May. Usually TIME gets an early review, it might even be the first published review. At least, that's what happened for AOTC, IIRC.

And I agree - most reviews will be this:

"Revenge of the Sith is a visually stunning film that takes a significant step towards the quality and fun of the original trilogy, but ultimately fails to redeem the prequel trilogy."

In fact, I might as well put that in my sig, so I can sue any journalist that rips it off.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.