main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] *The OFFICIAL Episode III Spoiler Alert Thread*

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stinrab, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    There are some pretty big spoilers in the new TV guide.

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    There are some pretty big spoilers in the new TV guide.

3. JediRac

JediRac Jedi Master star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    Do NOT read Kevin Smith's review of ROTS on AintItCool.com. Regardless of whether the article is true or not, it has MAJOR spoilers.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    He's seen it.

I have posted a spoiler-free version of his review in the "Kevin Smith reviews ROTS" thread.

5. Darth_Sailant

Darth_Sailant Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere here, as I've been away for a few days:

DO NOT read the Episode III Collectors' Edition of Empire magazine. If you're HCSF I'm sure you wouldn't anyway. However if (like me) you're only mildly spoiled you may at least flick through the mag to checkout the images... DON'T. In the 'Art Of Episod III' feature there is an image that will spoil you, (as it did me), with or without the caption.

6. Zyrkon

Zyrkon Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2004
    For you guys living in the province of Québec, Canada, today's edition of the Journal de Montréal contains a special Star Wars Episode III section. I think it's a book where you can collect stickers with info about the characters (I'm not too sure, I got somebody hid it for me somewhere in the house ;))

EDIT : spelling

7. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Here in the UK, both Frosties and Coco Pops breakfast cereals have Ep3 promotions running on them. Watch out for those in case of spoilers.

8. jariten

jariten Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2000
    Its also on Rice Krispies, but its perfectly safe (I got someone to look for me). so I imagine the other cereal boxes are ok too.

9. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I think I'm starting to not read most of the threads in here. Some are getting pretty dangerous, especially the ones related to the music video and soundtrack.

10. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I had a friend tell me to avoid some kind of Raisin Bran. I forget what variation it was (I'm no expert on Raisin Bran), but it's not a problem for me as I don't like raisins much anyway. :)

11. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Okay. With the help of my (spoiler-happy) Dad, I've been able to take a look at the ROTS soundtrack I picked up yesterday.

First of all, obviously enough, don't look at the track headings. Or the box art. I've only listened to a couple tracks, numbers 2 and 7, but both seem fine without any big noticable musical stingers to give the plot away. #2 is a slow song, kinda like the Across the Stars of Ep3 I'd guess, and #7 is Generic Action Music :p I think you're safe with both of those. Anything else, you could be risking 'musical spoilers'.

Accompanying that (happy to see the UK got this too) is the 'Musical Journey' DVD. The start menu has still pictures of the cast, including Ep3 guys, so keep your eyes glued to the bottom of the screen where the options are instead. There are a total of 12 videos, in general order from I - VI but may have little clips from other chapters in them. I started watching one about Luke vs Vader in ROTJ, but shut it off when we started to see some flashbacks of young Anakin. Best not to risk it.

Using the Chapter Selection option, the tracks are arranged in 3 blocks of 4. Each of 'em has a picture as well...so definitely make sure to, yes, not look at the screen for that :p

The first screen (1-4) is fine. The second (5-8) is DEFINITELY NOT (with no.5 in particular being spoilerish according to Dad). The third (9-12) is fine, but there could be Ep3-related stuff in the Luke vs Vader one for example.

I managed to see Tracks 2 (DOTF) and 8 (Asteroid Chase) without seeing any Ep3 footage. Track 2 has TPM and AOTC, and Track 8 has ESB and AOTC footage. Just don't look at the pictures etc, and you'll be able to muddle through.

So I'd say...

SOUNDTRACK - #2 and #7 are fine
    DVD - #2 and #8 are fine (but don't look at #5!!)

Phew :p All that just to listen to a track or two...hardcore [face_peace]

12. jariten

Jul 23, 2000
    or maybe its better just to wait for 2 more weeks.

13. Blyte_the_Noghri

Blyte_the_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2003
    DamonD is correct is his warnings! Best to wait for two more weeks. DVD #5 is a "no look" at chapter picture and do not play it--contains actual Episode III clips. I do not remeber seeing anything else spoilerish in the other videos, except at the very end of one about the bad guys guys in the first 4 chapters, may have quick shot of Anakin from Episode III at the end of the video. CD music is beautiful and darker sounding. Should be an incredible movie!!

14. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I plan to listen to the soundtrack I will go buy tonight afterwork. I don't think the music will spoil anything. But I won't take a look at the extra material until the 19th during the day.

15. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    theres a thing on yahoo news about rots being PG-13, and it describes some of the things that got it that rating. there are several spoilers in there so id stay away. wish i had :(

edit: its titled "Last 'Star Wars' Movie Said Not for Kids" and was written by david germain for the AP, just in case it pops up anywhere else.

16. jariten

Jul 23, 2000
    that sounds like the thing I saw on the TFN mainpage

17. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    yup same thing.

18. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    You should all just wait for me to read stuff.

If you see something I haven't commented on, don't read it, just point it out to me via PM and I'll look it over.

You're so close to the opening night, don't risk anything now!

19. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    I was on the OS today and was looking at the databank and saw something I was for sure wasn't a spoiler and then I clicked on it and it was (a minor one). So make sure you stay away from the databank on the OS. :)

20. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    The new Time magazine with Vader on the cover has some pictures inside that I hadn't seen before. I skipped over the article entirely but it's a safe bet there are spoilers within.

21. Wally44

Mar 10, 2005
    I saw a couple of the pictures (we have the Time mag here at work) and they were nothing terribly spoilerific. Unless you don't want to know who fights who.

22. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    There is at least one obvious fight/duel in ROTS. I know no facts about any fights (other than the participants of The Duel) and am trying to keep it that way. :)

321 hours until ROTS for those of us in US CST. I can make it.

23. zacdilone

zacdilone Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2004
    Dangit. I was at the Sky news (UK) website and clicked on a story called "Too Much Force," about ROTS' rating, and read a big ol' spoiler. One I suspected, but it still makes me mad. Avoid this article.

24. Wally44

Mar 10, 2005
    I was just doing a search for something on here and saw some threads from 3SA I believe. So don't do a search!!! :)

25. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I'm not sure, but I think a title of a news story on IMDb may have just spoiled me. (First word of the story is "Portman".) Then again, I could just be jumping to conclusions and be way off. But just a heads up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.