[HCSF] The *Official* NON-SPOILER Cantina #2

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Fingorfin, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irish_Ghost Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thats a drink, right? You're not trying to turn all of us into terrorists....

It's a drink, a very very wonderful drink, made from the very very wonderful Guinness

Brilliant!
  2. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    Irish Car Bomb:
    1/2 pint Guinness
    1 oz Jamison
    1/2 oz Bailey's Irish cream

Pour Guiness into a pint glass. Float Baileys on top of Jamison in shot glass. Drop shot glass, carefully, into Guiness. Drink quickly before it curdles.

Sort of like a cement mixer.
    Just give me rum.

*grabs a drink*
  3. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5
    Guiness has some of the best commercials.

BRILLIANT!
  4. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    And it tates good. That's always a good selling point for me. ;)

*grabs a drink*
  5. Irish_Ghost Jedi Knight

star 3
    I love Guinness, I used to drink it in disposable coffee cups while in college.

And, Kev, your right, Guinness doeas have the best commercials.

Brilliant!
  6. Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus

star 5
    "It's a little black book... for writing numbers in!"

"BRILLIANT!"

Love 'em. And no, Ghostie, no new pics yet. Have to do that, but the peeling and things was somewhat unattractive. :p
  7. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5
    Ehh come here often. You could also use it as a coaster.

A coaster, BRILLIANT!
  8. Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus

star 5
    That's what mine usually got used for. :p
  9. Irish_Ghost Jedi Knight

star 3
    It just took me over 2 1/2 hours to drive home in the latest atlantic snow storm

*grabs a very strong drink*

Brilliant!
  10. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    Nasty.
    I hate snow. And they tell me it hasn't been too bad here this year. If this isn't bad, I really don't want to see what is.

*grabs a drink*
  11. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That sounds like a beverage I'll have to try.[face_skull]

I actually got my tattoo about a month or two after I met Tina. I had thought for a couple of years about getting one, but could never think of something original that was also ME.

I was thinking of the Imperial or Rebel Alliance symbols, but the Autobot symbol is more readily identifiable.

Then I was pissed off because of COURSE, about a few months after I got my tattoo, I noticed a bunch of Transformers shirts, and they released a new comics series, etc.:mad:

When I got it, the tattoo artist swore that no one can stop at one tattoo, but so far nothing else.

I was thinking of one of these for my next one:

[image=http://oplnk.net/~ajackson/clipart/chirho.gif]

The Chi-Rho - representing Christ, an early Christian symbol, and supposedly the vision Constantine the Great saw in the sky.

OR

[image=http://www.ocf.org/OrthodoxPage/icons/clip/cross.gif]

[image=http://home.rochester.rr.com/gocek/images/christn/rusorcrs.gif]

The Eastern Orthodox Christian Cross:

The significance of the three-bar cross is a simple one. The short bar on the top represents the sign that was placed on the cross which read, "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews" (in Latin the initials are "INRI"). The middle bar -- the longest -- is the bar upon which Our Lord's arms were stretched and nailed. The bottom bar is the footrest which supported Our Lord's body.

While many people popularly refer to this cross as a "Russian" cross, it actually predates the Christianization of Russia in 988 AD, although generally, in earlier depictions of the Crucifixion, the bottom bar is horizontal rather than angled. Very early depictions of the crucifixion, even those originating in Egypt, generally portray the triple bar cross. In certain parts of Central and Eastern Europe, the triple bar cross with a slanted footrest indicates that a given church is an Orthodox one, while a triple bar cross with a horizontal footrest indicates that a given church is a Byzantine Rite, or Greek Catholic, one.

Various reasons have been given for slanting the bottom bar. There is one tradition which states that, at the moment of His death, Our Lord's foot slipped and the footrest tilted. A highly symbolic interpretation states that the slanted bar refers to the thief crucified on Our Lord's right side -- the "Wise Thief" who repented -- who went to heaven and to the unrepentant thief crucified on Christ's left side who did not. Another explanation is that the slant is an attempt to depict that the footrest slanted downward, toward the viewer, albeit in a two, rather than three, dimensional form.

There's some educational material for you.;)

I've hesitated to get religious symbols drawn on my body; technically, I shouldn't have any tattoos, but then, to paraphrase Quinlan vos, "I'm not a very good Christian."[face_blush]
  12. Irish_Ghost Jedi Knight

star 3
    *dusts the place off*

buys everyone a round in honor of the 500th post w/ Irish_Ghost, and the last post until next year.

But until then . . . .

Brilliant!
  13. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I vote for the Chi Rho.

There's something a bit mysterious about it, not everyone would recognize it at first glance. Then again I've been studying illuminated manuscripts, so maybe I'm biased. :p
  14. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    ah....drinks....

you know what would hit the spot right about now.

a couple shots of tequila...or capn morgans or palinka!
  15. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Im an Uncle Again!! :D :D :D My sis-in-law had a baby girl, Erin Grace.

16. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That's definitely worth a toast.=D=

17. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Thanks Garth

Just wondering how everyone is doing in their ncaa pool. Im in a sweet 16 pool, and arizona killed me twice. First beating osu, who I had going to the final game. Then losing to illinois, which I am sure alot of people picked to go to the finals.
  18. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5
    I've won my pool 5 years in a row but I'll end up gettin 2nd cause my bro and me both have UNC to win it all and Illinois with them but he got more points in the previous rounds. And congrats Ghost!
  19. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    My friend picked West Virginia and was a few points in overtime away from winning $3,000. I told him he should have walked away after they won the previous game. [face_laugh]
  20. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Force Ghost

star 5
    That was like in 88 or somthin before I was born my dad was the only person in his pool of 50 people to pick UConn to win the whole thing and sure enough they did and he won like $5,000.
  21. Zyrkon Jedi Knight

Just a little something I've found out, hope you enjoy !

http://www.nintendorecords.com/recordvideos/nintendorecords-alongtimeago.wmv

And waiter ! I'll a Vader on the rock :D.
  22. obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Master

star 4
    Bumped up for son-of-skywalker13. :D
  23. Blyte_the_Noghri Jedi Knight

star 1
    Zyrkon, that was awesome. Games have come a long way!!

I was reading an article on Speilberg the other day and got partially spoiled. Evidently, he helped Lucas on ROTS, the article named the scene and I had to stop reading. Bummer!!! :(

So watch out for Speilberg stuff too!
  24. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
    Does that mean that ET will have a bigger role than he did in TPM? :p

*grabs a drink*
  25. Zyrkon Jedi Knight

Could be kinda fun to see ET with a lightsaber being trained by Yoda.

- ET phone Jedi Council

- Done well you have, my fisheyed quirky padawan

Or maybe Star Wars has enough weird talking creatures ... [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.