main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] The *Official* NON-SPOILER Cantina #2

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Fingorfin, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    ET couldn't be any worse then Waru.

2. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    You can never have enough weird talking creatures.

*grabs a drink*

3. son-of-skywalker13

son-of-skywalker13 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 27, 2002
    wow its been a long time ... so long that i wasnt even in the list of original posters here ... well its been about 2 years haha so i cant blame anyone ...

yea i just got back from key west on vacation im back in ohio .. i didnt even know that revenge of the sith was out in book form, i saw it at the airport ... im really trying to avoid the spoilers so i didnt look past the cover.

so now im home enjoying the cold weather of ohio and wondering how i am gonna spend the next month a half waiting for star wars ..

get me a yoda soda on the rocks, and have an anakins first on deck .. im thirsty haha im glad to be back

4. Darth_Sacrilicious

Darth_Sacrilicious Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 30, 2003
    Thoughts on the NCAA Tournament?
    I was disappointed the Illinois lost.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I'm an old UNC fan, not that March Madness is really huge up in Canada.

Always nice to see unexpected teams win. :D

Also, I don't have cable and didn't have time to go to the bar to watch any games, so I didn't really have much choice.

6. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey everyone I'm new here (to the NS Cantina anyway).

Goes and sits at bar; could I order some Jabba Juice, thanks.

7. Blyte_the_Noghri

Blyte_the_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2003
    Pour me a tall glass of Kentucky blue milk!!!

Michigan State broke my heart in this years tournament. What a great game though! Shame UNC won it, although they are an outstanding team. I was pulling for Illinois as well.

8. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I was actually rooting for the Heels.

If only my other predictions were correct.

9. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    goes and sits at the bar, orders 6 shots of whiskey and lines them up. <gulp> <gulp>

I don't want to think about UNC winning this year. They are now up 4 to 3 on Duke all time in national titles. <gulp> <gulp>

whoa, she's kinda cute. <gulp>

wait, who won the national title again? <gulp>

zzzzzzzzzz

10. Blyte_the_Noghri

Apr 10, 2003
    Does that mean you are a Duke fan?

I live in the triangle and have to listen to Duke/UNC/State talk all year long. I am a Kentucky fan, I bleed True Blue. We have 7 of those championship thingies!!! One day we hope to get past the 11 that UCLA has. (Wooden just dominated in his era)

Do not feel too bad Duke/UNC will both have lots more chances at the title.

More Kentucky Blue Milk please, barkeep!

11. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    To quote Fark, "Duke sucks."[face_laugh]

I just need a Barriss Coffee right now, too early for any other libations.

12. beedubew

Jun 25, 2002
    Duke fan, yes. I was at the Austin regional with an old college hoops teammate of mine who is a huge Kentucky fan. Surprisingly, we get along really well despite that. We both were upset at MSU this year. As I have explained to my friend, yall have at the least an equal tradition to Duke (I would argue that yall are second-best to UCLA, despite having more total victories) but would suggest that in the Coach K era, Duke's resume is far more impressive. That is not to impune UK in the past 25 years, but simply give credit to the Duke program in that same timeframe.

All I can do is just throw my hope to next season...

Since you live along Tobacco Road, enjoy the good hoops around you and know (I saw firsthand) how well the Wildcat faithful travel in support of UK. Pretty impressive.

Bee

13. Blyte_the_Noghri

Apr 10, 2003
    If Patino had not left to try the NBA, I think UK/Duke would be the top teams of the past 15 years. We went to 3 championship games in a row(with lesser talent each year) and won two of them. Then Tubby came in and anytime you change something the momentum gets changed. I think we are on our way back now. But there is no doubt that Coach K is the best coach in college ball right now. He is a class act of the court. He came on the UK network after Lattner(mispelled on purpose) crushed us with a miracle and said some classy stuff. I do not care for his game time antics much, but he wins. The only thing about Tobacco Road that annoys me is that it is all duke/unc/state, it is like other teams do not exist at all. Even high school. If none of those teams is playing in the dance on the Thursday set, we get stories on their practices instead of more highlights of the games being played. In Kentucky, our high school state tournament is a freaking state holiday. Down here except for recruiting, I am not even sure they play high school ball.

Barkeep, two "cry baby blue" Carolina shots for me and my new friend.

14. beedubew

Jun 25, 2002
    It needs to be said that I respect both Pitino and Tubby. Both are good coaches and have yet to bring major scandal college hoops. I also enjoy watching Kentucky play. That said and while three straight title game appearances is impressive, Pitino only coached two of those squads. Tubby won that '98 title. It is quite possible that UK would have gone down a different road had he turned down the Celtics.

Let's not forget that Duke also went to three straight title games and won back to back. That is in addition to appearing in 7 out of 9 Final Fours from the late 80's to early 90's. Nobody else since the field expanded to 64(65) teams can say that. That is the main reason I argue for Duke as the greatest team of the past 25 years. Titles are important, but nobody has shown more ability to win in April than Duke in that timeframe (although UNC is now tied). Duke has gone to 10 Final Fours in 25 years (Again, only Carolina is close with 9). Duke has gone to 7 straight Sweet 16's. Nobody else is above 2 or 3 currently. Duke has won its conference tourney 6 of 7 years. Nobody in a major conference can claim that.

I have babbled on enough. For those of you that have read this far, I would stake money that you either love or hate Duke.

Bring my UK friend a Jedi Mind Trick and maybe then I can convince him of my opinions...

Bee

EDIT: clarity

15. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    [image=http://www.finishline.com/store/images/products/lgft0069224.jpg]

16. beedubew

Jun 25, 2002
    A picture is worth a thousand words...

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    yesssssss....\

[image=http://www.leaderlandnews.com/photo/img/f2913/kaleb%20bored.jpg]

18. Zyrkon

Zyrkon Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2004
    And here's another ditty for your (and my) drunken pleasure :

Darth Tater

Enjoy while you drink.

[face_peace]

19. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I'll take another Jabba Juice thanks.

Long few days. I bought the Making of ROTS and ROTS novel (which I won't read until after May 19) and they [the books] have been constantly haunting me in my dreams and even in my waking state. They are calling me to read them but I will not budge.

20. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    hay jaggy maybe you should bury both of those books until May 20th

21. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I plan on getting some fabric and tapping it to my bookshelf so it will cover over the books. I'll probably end up reading it on May 19th since hopefully my parents will let me take a *sick day* from school. At least that's what my dad has said so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. After all which is better going to school, not paying attention in my classes since I have my mind on more *important* things and anxiously awaiting the end of school or skipping a day of school and get to go to an early showing so I can have the rest of the time to vent on how great a movie it was?

Yea I think I'll take the latter.

22. GRAND_MOFF_KEV

GRAND_MOFF_KEV Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2004
    I have colors. w00t!

23. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Hey everyone how's it going? Staying away from spoilers I hope. I know I am (although couldn't help but go to the toy section at Target but no serious damage)

24. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Where is everyone?

25. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    hey guess what im not dead.
    and still 100% spoiler free

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.