main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] The Official *NON-SPOILER* Countdown to Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by 5darth2maul1, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Alright, I just movied over here from the AOTC Spoilers forum in light of all the leaked stuff recently (soundtrack, graphic novel, etc.) So I have decided to go into Episode III without any spoilers and to make this my permanent home until Episode III is released. So I decided that this forum needs a countdown thread to Episode III where we can just talk about what we know and how those spoiler freaks are ruining the final SW movie for themselves. So, here we go with the countdown to Episode III...

Figuring that Episode III will be release on or around May 19th, which is the 3rd Thursday of the month, Just like the 16th is this year, there are only:

1,132 days left until Star Wars: Episode III is released. This is going to be the last Star Wars movie ever so let's make this a good ride...

2. Nismo1223

Nismo1223 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 2002
    Yeah darth...isint it sad...whats next? we all just sit there with the memories of SW...nothing to get excitied for...and what really bugs me is our buddy george is aging, and he can't live forever...The force is strong with him, but not that strong..so i highly doubt we will have more episodes after 6...After Episode 3, all we will be able to say is "Wow star wars was a wild ride"..and just live on with our lives...its sad.. i know.. :_|

3. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    Hmmm. Somebody starts a Countdown thread for Episode III just as I'm getting ready to go on vacation for a week.

I smell a conspiracy.... ;)

4. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002
    Today, I had a very sad, scary thought while watching TESB. What if something happens to George before he can make Episode III? I mean anything can happen to anyone and if something does happen to GL, we may never get to see the last chapter of the Prequel Trilogy...Scary, huh?

EDIT: Sorry hew...

5D2M1

5. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ...dont you think your jumping the gun a bit pal...i mean im sure lots of you want to be the one to actually start the thread...but i think its in bad taste to start it before episode 2 comes out...

...why are we counting down to episode III when we havent even seen episode II yet...thats just dumb to me...no offense but sounds to me like you just want your name on a thread thats sure to have lots of replies...

6. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    I never understood the fear that something would happen to Lucas. I'm more worried that something will happen to me, and that every else except me would be able see it.

If it came down to me or Lucas kicking the bucket, I'd hope for Lucas. If I can't see Episode III, no one else should be able to either.

What can I say, I'm petty... :D

7. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002
    Opinion- what's with the negativity? It's gonna get started eventually anyway, so why not just do it now?

5D2M1

8. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I'm moving over here after the the AOTC spoilers forum is shut down. I'll be gradually appearing more and more here.

As for no more movies after 6? Even if George lives to be 200, I do not want to see anymore Star Wars movies.

9. Nismo1223

Mar 31, 2002
    5darth..i had the same thought as you...if that one man will die...a bunch of million fans will die also (in a certain point of view, of course :D )

10. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002
    Yes if something would happen to George, would someone be able to take over for Episode III? McCallum perhaps?

5D2M1

11. Nismo1223

Mar 31, 2002
    idk..howabout the guys the directed the older star wars's?

12. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002
    Yes, I suppose they could take a crack at it too. It just wouldn't be the same without George.

5D2M1

13. Nismo1223

Mar 31, 2002
    That would really suck if georgy would die...i was really sad when alec guiness passed away unfortuntly...he was an amazing actor..may he rest in piece.

14. Master_Kloon

Master_Kloon Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Hmm I thought this was a countdown thread, and I think we have a thread on GL going disabled somewhere.

15. Nismo1223

Mar 31, 2002
    wow...Episode 3: - - - - will be here in 3 whole years..going to be a dreadful wait...but think of it this way, in 30-sum days we will be 5/6ths complete with the whole entire "real" (not EU) star wars saga..Im so glad I am living in a star wars trilogy...i can share experiences about this with my kids in like 20 years...heh i was born in 1986 so i didnt live through any of the OT..but i started loving Star wars when in like 1990ish, they played the whole trilogy on HBO and i was hooked at 4 years old..jee what memories.

16. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ...its nothing personal 5darth2maul1...i just think its innapropriate...episode II is not even out yet...and we have a countdown to episode III...to me its just innappropriate...

17. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002
    Well, I know that AOTC isn't even out yet, and that's kind of why I started this thread, I totally ruined my AOTC experience by reading all of the spoilers so at this point I am more excited about, and looking forward to, Episode III more than AOTC...

So, with that, 1,131 days to go...

18. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    I think we should wait until after EP2 comes out to start this thread. And Hew should be the honorary founder.

19. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    LOL. POWER STRUGGLE! POWER STRUGGLE! CAT FIGHT!

//popcorn

20. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    DLM you're a troublemaker.

:p

21. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    I'm moving over here as well. I've pretty much stopped going to the AOTC spoiler board as well. I know it will be hard, but I'm going spoiler free for EPIII as well. I'm glad to have a thread to hang in for the next month until EP2 comes out.

I'm not so worried about George kicking the bucket. I have a feeling EPIII would get made anyway. However, the other day when I read that Ewan almost drowned I couldn't help but think what happens if one of the main actors dies?

22. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    MEOOOOOWWWWWWWW!

*scratch*

23. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002
    1,130!!!

Well, this wait is definitely gonna be long, and very difficult for me considering I've been very spoiled for AOTC. I think I'm going to have to buy some "Spoiler patches" to help me with the cravings 8-}

5D2M1

24. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    Can anyone create a countdown clock for EPIII like the EPII one mentioned on the TFN main page? I think that would really help me get through the next three years.

25. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002
    1,129!

I also think it would be really cool to have an Episode III countdown clock. I'm picturing something like 1/2 Anakin's face the other half Vader's... [face_evil]

5D2M1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.