main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] The Official *NON-SPOILER* Countdown to Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by 5darth2maul1, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Yes, 5D2M1, it "will be a day long long remembered." In just two and a half short hours in that day in May 2005, we will see our hope fade away. From that point on, there will no longer be a future for fresh, untouched SW.

:(

2. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Yes, it will be a very, very sad day, but yet I will be able to die a happy man after that day because the saga will be complete...

5D2M1

3. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    A sad day it will, but cry I will not. Maybe after all the movies come out on DVD, theforce.net shuts down, and kids will be saying "What is Star Wars?" or "That old Star Wars sucks." I will bawl like a baby when that happens. :( :( :( :(

4. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002
    theforce.net shutting down????
    *shutters*
    :_|

5D2M1

5. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Theforce.net shutting down would really suck. I don't foresee that happening for a while though. I think it will stay around for at least 3 years after Ep. III.

I too can't wait for the day that I am able to watch all 6 movies in a row. I am already making plans for that day.

6. MatRags

Feb 5, 2001
    I can't wait to see all 6 movies in order plus the ewoks movies and cartoons and the christmas special AND the droids cartoons on a separate special edition 2-disc set. ;)

7. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002
    LOL @ MatRags [face_laugh]

5D2M1

8. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    What will I do once the force.net shuts down? I'll have to go out and get myself a life.

9. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Why would TF.N have to shut down? There are lots of other SW happenings than just the PT. I doubt if all SW sites and events will suddently halt as of May 2005.

:) Here's hoping, at least.

10. Darth_Jaxon

Jun 19, 2001
    I hope not..well at least not until I reach 1,000 posts.

11. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I doubt that. Almost all interest in Star Wars will probably die out after mid- to late 2005. Just think - how many spy reports does TFN get to run on the original trilogy right now? ;) It will be the same for all SW in a few more years.

12. Gorion

Gorion Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    You'd better enjoy the moment instead of thinking in the tragic, terrible, sad day Star Wars dies out.:)

You made a good choice leaving the Spoilers forum. I can't understand how people can go there, as spoilers kill all the fun of seeing a movie. In fact I was really mad when I bought TPM soundtrack and read "Qui-Gon's funeral" on the back.

13. MatRags

Feb 5, 2001
    I predict tf.n will shut down 1 to 2 years after Ep3. Hopefully they'll cover all the new books and games ect...

Star Wars will never die though. As long as there's fans like us.

14. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Y'all really think so? I just find it hard to believe that suddenly there will no longer be any interest in discussing SW.

Before the PT, people were still interested in SW events and such. I'm sure there would have been many sites if the internet had been around. Sure, there won't be a new SW film to look forward to, but like MatRags said, Star Wars will never die though. As long as there are fans like us.

We aren't just going to stop caring. The Episode II & III forums are not the only ones alive around here. Look at over at CT or TPM. Why would it all have to end?

15. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Like I said earlyier I think theforce.net will shut down but just not right away. I think 3 years after Ep. III is released it will probably shut down. By then they won't have any news to report on unless we get another rerelease of the OT in theaters.

16. Darth_Jaxon

Jun 19, 2001
    Only 1,123 more days. :)

17. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    heheh after e2 comes out i'm setting my star wars timer on my website to tick down to e3 lol thousand some days lol down to the second hahahahahahahah!!!!

18. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002
    1,121 days...
    Sorry I haven't been around here updating the countdown but I have had an overload of tests at school so I've been studying A LOT

So anyway, what do you guys really want to see in Episode III?
    What planets?
    What characters?
    What events?

5D2M1

19. Darth_Jaxon

Jun 19, 2001
    Only 1,120 more days to go. I just realized that on the day AOTC is released there will only be 1,100 days to EPIII.

20. LordXero

LordXero Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    Hi everyone! I've decided to pipe in here :D
    I haven't spent a lot of time on newsgroups before, so I'll try to fit in as best I can! I'd love to get a copy of that Episode III counter too! People in my dorm here think I'm obsessed enough as it is (i.e. I have 5 different counters on my desktop and a countdown screensaver) so why not go the extra step ;)

Can't wait to get to know all of you better!

-Lord Xero

P.S. Didn't we all say after episode 1 that we would be completely spoiler free for episode 2? :D

21. Dayron_Fett

Dayron_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2002
    What a bunch of weirdos. I just read where somebodys worry was that if they died, they wouldn't see the rest of the Star Wars prequels...thats sad that it'd even be one of your greater worries... hah.

22. opinion

opinion Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    ...i frequently find myself saying "i cant die yet i havent seen star wars"...mostly when im in the passenger seat and a woman is driving...

...i dont think thats weird at all...i think im lucky to be able to enjoy these films so much...

23. Darth_Kyber

Darth_Kyber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    lets just rename this forum, "all who want to b and moan when episode 3 comes out and tf.n shuts down" i will be so happy when episode 3 comes out, finally we have some closure and we have seen 6 errrrrr 5 great movies....hopefully. (sorry tpm. good not great) and when that 6-pack STAR WARS DVD comes out? that will be the day.

24. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002
    1,119 :)

5D2M1

25. 5darth2maul1

Mar 3, 2002

5D2M1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.