[HCSF] The "Spoiler and Trailer free for episode III" club of crazed fans!

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth Dane, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm mostly totally calm. About 10% of an average day has me gibbering in glee about the upcoming installment, but apart from that I'm handling my addiction well.
  2. DeJade_Vu Jedi Master

star 4

When I start thinking of seeing ROTS on opening night, I get all excited and I start breathing deeper and I can feel my heart thumping louder.

No, I'm not looking forward to it at ALL.

8-}
  3. origjedi Jedi Master

star 3
    My kids keep me pretty busy, but I still am getting excited just thinking about it! Man, just a little over a week to go...
  4. SWJaggy Jedi Master

star 4
    At least you have something to keep you ocuppied origjedi. When I'm not at school thinking about ROTS drives me insane. It's okay as long as I'm not tempted by the dark side everything will be fine (gulp! I hope)
  5. CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling

star 2
    You guys are awesome! :cool:

That's right --- we are almost there...

While at my friend's house Saturday night, we were watching a recording of the NBA playoffs. While they were fast-forwarding past some of the commercials, one of my friends stopped suddenly at a particular commercial and began playing it. When I turned around I saw that EP3 logo and Palpy. Suddenly, I had to go to the bathroom, all the while "pushing" my ears closed with my fingers (as if they were itching).

In the words of Lando, "that was too close." --- WHEW!

Yeah, midnight can't come fast enough! [face_whistling]

6. Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Wow. I know I haven't been around much lately, but this is ridiculous. It seems all the HCSF maniacs have crawled out of the woodwork to invade our little group. :p

Welcome, everyone. Sorry I wasn't here to say that when everyone actually arrived in the thread!

Yes... t-minus 9 days and counting. That darned counter on IB is driving me nuts, now. I never should have installed it. [face_laugh]
  7. SWJaggy Jedi Master

star 4
    2 near misses of trailer spoilers today! One was during the commercial break of Gilmore Girls (only thing I saw was Hayden so I quickly put the tv on mute and covered my eyes.) The second was during the commercial break of American Idol ( I heard Palpatine say something but I don't remember what it was. Thank the heavens!)
  8. Kesel Jedi Master

star 4
    I've had similar brushes on the television. During Teen Titans the LucasFilm logo popped up and I couldn't find the remote so I had to plugg my ears and turn away. All I saw was a new shot of Anakin and some Palpatine dialogue which I promptly forgot.
  9. origjedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Stay on your toes, everyone...!
  10. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I got caught out by an advert for the (I found out afterwards) Ep3 videogame.

The familiar SW theme kicked up, and I wasn't near the remote. Thankfully someone else was, so I helpfully bellowed out "Remote!" and they muted the volume as I looked away until it was over :p
  11. Apophis Jedi Master

star 4
    I also had my part of the trailers.
    I also heard the Palpyvoice and I remember it. :( It was a very very cool quote though !!! :D
    But I rather would have heard it in the movie ...

Today I also saw dozens of posters all up in the city. You couldn't look away from it. They're fantastic !!! :cool:
    Not much spoilers are in the posters ...
  12. jariten Jedi Master

star 4
    did you see the yoda one? awesome.
  13. JediRac Jedi Master

star 2
    "There's...too many of them!" :p
  14. Apophis Jedi Master

star 4
    I've seen the Yoda one, the one with Vader and the one with Obi-Wan and Anakin. They're very cool !
    The one with Obi-Wan and Anakin is the best, because of the scene ! ;)
  15. NorCalBirdz Jedi Master

star 4
    Someone on the forum I admin at posted a GIF of [removed]. I only saw a second of it but I'm still angry. I edited his post right away.

This thread is for people who haven't seen any of the trailers or TV spots. C'mon, NorCal, you know better than this.
  16. JediRac Jedi Master

star 2
    NorCalBirdz, you may want to edit your post as well. Some of us may not know about this scene. :)
  17. Winston_Sith Force Ghost

star 4
    "How are things in HCSF World today, then?"

I'm doing quite well, all things considered.

I made my "official" (and very, VERY pathetic, btw lol) dropping-out statement to the *other* forums around here (and I *thought* to the HCSF Community, as well. Boy, was I ever wrong! :p ) a while ago, and I've been happier than a Hard-Core Spoiler-Free clam ever since.

Until...

I was at work today, near the Electronics department, where they have the TV's that play the corporate promotional tape all day long, endlessly, when I suddenly heard some unmistakably "Star Wars-ish" music. At first, I thought it was the ?Star Wars Saga? thing that?s been playing recently, or the ad for the ?Episode III? video game, because I began to hear words of dialogue which I have not heard before in *any* previous Star Wars film?

Luckily, I was in HCSF mode (a discipline that?s very hard to master, but very rewarding once you get it down), and I didn't run over there like some kind of freak to check it out, destroying everything for which I have fought so hard to preserve - I?m thinking that if I had a Lightsaber, I would have begun to slash every single Cathode Ray Tube within the immediate vicinity to be rid of the threat. lol

I heard *some* dialogue, which was cool dialogue, mind you, but since I can?t place it with any imagery (yet? Gulp?), it?s a mystery to me as to *when* (or, going by the trailers for earlier Prequels, *if*) the words are uttered, and it doesn?t stick in my mind as much, so it was like a shadow of something that could have been *immensely* spoilerific.

Tomorrow, when I?m in the area, I will look away and hum, or vibrate my pallet in any necessary fashion, in order to drown out any dangerous dialogue.

Does this mean I?m officially ?Hard Core Second Trailer and Movie Spoiler Free? (HCSTMSF)?

If so, I honestly *didn?t* think I?d be this way at this point, but it feels SOOO good!

A week from tonight, I'll be IN LINE!!!

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeee...!!!

P.S. I've become so HCSF that I can't even read the "non-spoiler" reviews without feeling terribly spoiled... and violated.

18. Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Stick to your guns, Winston_Sith! Everyone in the ESS feels your pain. It's definitely not easy to go without knowing, to hold out on every little bit that there is out there, but if you make it, you get the ultimate reward in the end.

Unless there is some goober in the theater in the row behind you belting out everything he knows seconds before it happens on-screen.

Two words for that:

Justifiable Homicide.

It's why we developed the phrase in the first place.

:p
  19. Winston_Sith Force Ghost

star 4
    :::Stick to your guns, Winston_Sith! Everyone in the ESS feels your pain.

ESS?

:::It's definitely not easy to go without knowing, to hold out on every little bit that there is out there, but if you make it, you get the ultimate reward in the end.

I'm a changed man. Before, I could sneak a peek at a Star Wars book, here and there. But NOW, I no longer look at the back of any Action Figure whose destiny I do not know. Palpatine, some random Clone Commander, and Anakin Skywalker are pretty much fair game. lol

I've heard that there's some new E3 Trailer out, do you think that's what that was? Knowing the corporate partnership that the place I work at (early on, some Spoilerific Scum just HAD to steal the "Back in Black" video from them - Personally, I think it was LEAKED) has with LUCASFILM, I'd think it was.

:::Unless there is some goober in the theater in the row behind you belting out everything he knows seconds before it happens on-screen.

:::Two words for that:

:::Justifiable Homicide.

:::It's why we developed the phrase in the first place.

[edited for spoilers]

Sorry if that's a spoiler. It's DAMN funny. lol
  20. snailwalker_DK Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm SOOO much looking forward to the last part of the prequels!

Guys just stop watching TV it has worked for me, and then only browse Star Trek fansites, then you should be pretty safe :p
  21. Winston_Sith Force Ghost

star 4
    "In time, Fanboys will learn to trust George Lucas' Writing-Directing abilities. *Then* Revenge of The Sith will be invincible. I've said it many times... Even without having seen it, ROTS will be the most intense Star Wars movie I have ever seen. Even more intense than "Master" TESB..."

The only problem with The Empire Strikes Back is that it only has a "Halo-McDiarmid", and that's only because of the ("controversial") DVD's. (Thank you, George).

ROTS will give us the "Full McDiarmid."

F.I.G.S.!!!!!
  22. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    ^^^ This is a smart, smart guy.
  23. JediRac Jedi Master

star 2
    After tonight I will no longer be an HCSF crazed fan. I can't believe after 28 years it will almost be over. :(

Thank you all for making this journey a memorable one! I'll be lingering in the HCSF threads and the reviews thread to post my quick review. If Garth creates an HCSF ROTS reaction thread I'll be there too!! :)
  24. beedubew Jedi Knight

star 2
  25. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Catch you around, JediRac [face_peace]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.