main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] The "Spoiler and Trailer free for episode III" club of crazed fans!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth Dane, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Picked up the ROTS book :D
    Won't be reading it for 8 days ;)

2. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I'll be getting "The Art of SW: ROTS" book today but as always, don't plan on reading it until after. I just can't wait to get that book though.

As long as I have it before the movie then all is well.

(that makes no sense does it?! LOL!)

3. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    ...and after the movie's over, then we can read the novel, and then see the movie again. :cool:

For that matter, after ROTS, we can watch the other episodes again, and then see ROTS again (and again...and again...) :cool::cool:

Then, in 2007, we can see the saga in a whole new way: 3D! :cool::cool::cool:

4. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    i want a theatre to play all six, 1 shot w/ 10 min breaks of coarse.

5. Kavic_Toth

Kavic_Toth Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 9, 2002
    Winston, 'ESS' = Emperor's S.E.C.R.E.T. S.E.R.V.I.C.E.

The "Spoiler and Trailer Free" Club of Crazed Fans, of which this thread is the base.

There is also an offsite ESS board, and my own, which is an open forum that is spoiler free.

It's a small group, but we definitely welcome the company of fellow non-spoiler fans hanging out until we all have the chance to get the ultimate in 'spoiled'. :D

6. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    I'll be getting "The Art of SW: ROTS" book today

Ahh...forgot about that. That'll be my next target :D

7. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    Well unfortunately I didn't get the book yesterday as I planned because the only copy they had was one that was all scratched up. Which really isn't a big deal since I ordered a new copy that should come in sometime next week. (I'm hoping on Friday though so the temptation is less as I will be able to read it.)

For my books though this is my plan:

1st- read the ROTS novel
    2nd- read the Making of... book
    3rd- read the Art of... book

(strange how I'm reading them in purchasing order!)

8. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    Those last ten days seem like a lifetime ... [face_hypnotized]

9. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Just watching tv this morning, I've had to avoid a ROTS advert three times. Three!

I know a Yoda line now, but it's nothing too revealing thankfully. Still, as I though it's gonna be harder in these last few days to avoid ROTS spoilers.

10. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Damn! Make that four times!
    I'd better stick to the BBC today ;)

11. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Even though I'm spoiled quite a bit, I'm still closing my eyes, covering my ears and jumping for the remote when something related to ROTS appears on TV.

12. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I watched Entertainment Tonight last night and they showed E3 stuff but no big, I covered my eyes and the words that were spoken weren't spoilerish.

13. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    Just 4 days to go now, guys.
    Anyone had any other near-scrapes with spoilers?

14. jariten

jariten Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2000
    not really. i havent seen any tv spots on UK TV yet. there were some clips on kids TV shows but they were announced way in advance so i could just turn over.

15. Kavic_Toth

Aug 9, 2002
    No recent Spoiler scrapes. I did pick up the recent copy of Wired with George in it. Great article on his indie film roots and where he wants to go with the movies he does after ROTS. No spoilers in it, which was even better. No discussion of Epi III whatsoever in the article, other than side notes on it's release date and whatnot.

They did mention his plan for the box set of the 6 to be released after this. Apparently, the plan is to make them 3-D?!?! I hadn't heard that before.

And there is a great section in the article of how Peter Jackson says he never would have believed the technology possible to make something like the LOTR trilogy until he saw SW, and how he idolizes Lucas. Best part of it was him saying how he was filming at the same time in Sydney as George (ROTK and AOTC, respectively), and he went over to meet George. He said he was blown away once he got there, because here he was filming, and viewing the frames through a 12 inch screen. Lucas had 42 inch Plasma monitors that he was viewing filming through. :p

If you get it, it's a nice read, with a long article about the empire that is ILM, LucasArts, etc., after the Lucas article.

16. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    It's been almost 3 years and alot of us are still here... We made it guys! 3 days left :D

Darth Dane, thanks for inviting me here. I probably wouldn't have visited this forum if it werent for you ;) :)

17. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

Hi everyone

...your are welcome Ben, my pleasure.

As I said to Ben I will say to you all: It's been my pleasure having seen all of you HCS&T Fans here in this thread.

It all began humbly after episode I. I had seen the trailers, but unfortunately the movie didn't live up to what the trailers showed. So I began for episode II, a club where those who didn't want to know anything about the upcoming movie(s) could hang out unsoiled.
    It was a mild succes, I don't remember the roll-in, but it wasn't many who would venture on in this slightly unconventional way, at least not officially. Lurkers could have been there of course, but I don't know.
    For me the effect of seeing episode II without any spoilers(almost without [face_plain]) or trailers was just immense. For me the movie got better in each successive viewing(saw it 3 times in the theatre), perhaps because of it I don't know. So I thought, well it was a succes for me to go HCS&T free, so I would like to share this with other likeminded crazed fans.

So for my own benefit, the thread your are viewing right now was created. On the illustrious date: August 1, 2002 the kickoff to another grueling 3 years was commenced. those of you who have been truly HCS&T Free, knows the hardships that has to be endured for the orgasmic climax of episode III :D, I thought again, well at least I will go this path less traveled by, and perhaps it would be teh lone nutjob....only this time the succes of the thread was quite surprising. The thread has now reached over 3800 posts, which to me is amazing(maybe 4000 soon?). More have joined the club, others lurking to see what it was all about, and great enthusiasm for those who were very active in the spirit of the club. I would like to mention names, but those of you who know you've done a great jo to keep the spirits high, with animation and other sites, don't need my apparaisal(or in other words; you won't get it ;))

But my thanks go out for all of you who have helped others, yourself and me staying HCS&T Free.

I have a small request, I can't go see it until the 29th, so please refrain from any spoilers here. I have feling most of you will see it much sooner than I.

THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER :D

DD - S&T Free

18. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    The 29th? Man, that's rough.

I've not posted to this thread over much of its life, but I've been here in spirit ;) I also avoided much of the spoilers for AOTC, including the trailer, more out of it being a very busy time for me in 2002 rather than on purpose.

The HCSF people are the real hardcore, as the title suggests. Willing to go without new SW information and excitement for so long, to get it all at once. Hoping that putting all of our eggs in once basket, so to speak, will pay off for us in the end...and by the sounds of things, ROTS will be as good as we hoped for.

19. SWJaggy

Nov 9, 2003
    I have posted here since Sept.'04 when I made the commitment 3 years ago to stay spoiler free. And I can say that being spoiler free is really worth it. This place has been great and I didn't really think I could have this much fun on a non-spoiler thread. Boy was I wrong!!!

I'd like to say thanks to everyone here who has been nice and treated me like one of their own (metaphorically speaking of coarse.)

It's sad to think that the end is almost near. A time for endings and a time for new beginnings really.

20. JediRac

JediRac Jedi Master star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    Hang in there everyone, the movie is soooo AWESOME! :D :D :D It will be worth it to stay HCSF! It made a huge difference in enjoyment for me because I was spoiled for TPM and AOTC.

And DO NOT see any trailers! I finally saw them after seeing the movie. They reveal waaaaay too much!!

21. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    [DD], I think the least we can do is avoid spoilers in this thread until after May 29th.

I also asked Garth and Windy to clarify when is appropriate to start discussing the movie. Hopefully they can clear that up (and hopefully it isn't already common knowledge and I just don't know).

Bee

3 days everybody.

22. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Three days left people.

I swear, nothing is gonna stop me seeing this movie.

23. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    that would suck if a meteor just hit the earth tomorrow and obliterated life, wouldnt it? :p teehehe.. *knocks on wood*

24. Kavic_Toth

Aug 9, 2002
    You're not even funny, Ben. :p

DarthDane, my personal thanks to you. I found a home in the ESS, and have loved every moment of remaining S&T Free with all of you.

And to CrispyFriedDentics (my co-Admin), ISD (my buddy and Moderator), Dragoon, Apophis, Malaki and Cellist (who have helped make the board I established when it seemed TFN might fall a success... 25,000+ posts and going), and to JMo, Chickadee, Jaster and last, but certainly not least, ondiv (who once served as a Mod for me), my eternal thanks for being my extended online family in this.

You are all wonderful, and I am a better person for knowing you all.

25. CoolHanLuke

CoolHanLuke Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    It's unbelievable that it really is almost here...YEEHAW!!!

I'm glad I've avoided the main trailer and all the reviews about the movie. It seems anytime I've seen a trailer or read someone's review on a movie, it somewhat put ideas in my head (about the movie) that I otherwise wouldn't have had.

When I saw AOTC, I knew absolutely nothing about the film. I guess that's why I enjoyed it so much; I didn't have any expectations.

My hat's off to all of you for staying strong! [face_cowboy]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.