main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] The "Spoiler and Trailer free for episode III" club of crazed fans!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth Dane, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreenwoodSith

GreenwoodSith Jedi Master star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    spoiler free til epIII!!!

i'm in!

2. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

Glad to see more joining this endaveur (sp?)

DD

3. Chamby_X

Chamby_X Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    I join you all in the ranks of the spoiler free. I will be checking out the trailers though.

I've been anti spoilers ever since a friend who had read the ep1 book just blurted out that Qui Gon and Darth Maul died, like a week before the movie! That was brutal.
    I got him back tho, told him Jango Fett died before he saw ep 2.

4. Chamby_X

Aug 13, 2002
    You know what, since I last posted I've been thinking. Trailers can spoil you for a movie. For instance, say you saw a character in a scene in the trailer. Then that character gets into a life threatening situation when you see the movie. You can know he survives that situation if you haven't seen that scene from the trailer yet. And it's not something I've ever done before so....

As of right now, I declare myself spoiler AND trailer free until Episode 3. Whether I have the strength to make good on my pledge, I'll find out in a couple years :)

5. Tho Yor

Tho Yor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I will join your worthy cause.

6. Chamby_X

Aug 13, 2002
    Come on, will noone else commit to this righteous cause? :)

7. AOTCStarwchic

AOTCStarwchic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2002
    I'm definatley in. For AOTC I was a complete spoiler but while out camping for the summer, I made a pledge to myself and my family and I quote "I promise I won't be like I was for episode 2 I will not know anything until after episode 3 comes out in 2005.No matter how much I get upset I will stay spoiler free." and I will keep that promise until it is time.

8. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    i will stay spoiler free also AND i wont read the ep. III book. i might find the eurg too but then i will have to burn the book be for i can read it.

9. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    add me to this club, i will try my damnedest to be trailer free.

10. Kenobi217

Kenobi217 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2002
    No spoilers for me, hopefully no trailers either. I'm in.

11. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

Whoot, more people to teh club great great, it is an awesome experience :)

DD

12. Wald Balfed Your Mother

Wald Balfed Your Mother Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 31, 2000
    "I swear that if I read one spoiler on PURPOSE I will make love to a horse. A male one."

[face_laugh]

You make that sound like a bad thing.

[face_plain]

Nevermind...

13. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I don't see a reason to stay trailer free. But I definately think I should be made known if it's safe before seeing it. ;)

14. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I wont have any problems staying spoiler free since I pulled it off for AOTC. I know that I have the will power for that. My problem is the trailers. When those things are released I know that I will be filled with a surge of anticipation for the movie and it will be my greatest desire to see just a few moments of footage. That's how I was for AOTC. I still have every trailer/teaser on my computer. :D

The only thing that is making me even consider trying to stay trailer free is the thought that this is the last chance. There will never be another opportunity to view a SW movie in the theater as a new release. This is it. That is a very humbling thought... I have some thinking to do.

15. Darth_Tarpals

Darth_Tarpals Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Spoilers, no. Trailers, yes. I just can't get enough of that little snippetness. :D

16. jc_stratus

jc_stratus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2002
    my question...is it worth it? when i saw clone war i more or less...soiled myself but in a good way if possible

17. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    I will definitely join this club. No Spoilers until Episode III. I'll try to stay trailer free but I don't know if I'll be able to resist the temptation.

18. Kizakh

Kizakh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    I will definitely do my best to stay spoiler free for Episode III, like I did for AOTC. But I'm going to stay away from reviews (damn Rolling Stone...) and be a lot more careful with action figures this time. Hanger Duel Anakin almost gave away the amputation for me - not good. I think that the music folks learned their lesson after "Qui-Gon's Death" or whatever the real title was.
    I don't know about the trailers though. I will almost definitely see the teaser, but beyond that, I'll try to abstain.
    "Luckily" for me, Episode III will come out at the end of my senior year in civil engineering, so I'll be too busy to give in to temptation. But with my luck, it will come out during finals week (like AOTC did)- MAJOR distraction.
    Let's do this!

19. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

Come on guys!

DD

20. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

I know it is a wee bit early for this, however I must bump it once in a while to keep it alive

DD - The Unspoiled Spliff

21. Tool_of_Vader

Tool_of_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 19, 2002
    Sounds like an interesting premise, ...but i may have trouble with the "...and trailer" bit, but i suppose thats what the beauty of it is. I've usually read scripts of the films before seeing them so i will try my hardest to stay completly free off all information, including web docs and so forth. I'll probably just know the title of ep III if all goes well, as i don't think that one's avoidable!

22. BenK

BenK Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2002
    Spoiler free, definitely!!!!

But trailer, free.... um... well, I will try my best to watch each trailer no more than once a day AND I will not put shortcuts to the trailers on my desktop like I did with TPM and AOTC... :D

23. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I will join You, and together we will rule the Galaxy together!

I'll try to be even spoilerfree, even if it means "no movies for 3-4 months before III for you, pal"

Come on, everyone! Make your friends to join this great club! Threaten them, if they won't do it otherwise..
    "He will join us or die, master" :D

24. Ekenobi

Ekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2002
    I will be Ppoiler free, but not Trailer free. The trailers are what get me pumped for the movies.

25. the-JEDI-are-NO-more

the-JEDI-are-NO-more Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2002
    I want to be spoiler free but it is soooo temting (u know what i mean)! I wish there was a "Spoiler Patch" from the makers of Nicrote!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.