main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] The "Spoiler and Trailer free for episode III" club of crazed fans!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth Dane, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

Darth Weenie: If you want you can make the list. Right now (just before christmas) I don´t have so much time. But I will get on it ASAP.

If you do it, remember to distinguish between those who are only "spoiler-free" and those who are "spoiler- AND trailer-free"

Until next time....

DD - The Unspoiled Spliff

2. DARTHMAULDER

DARTHMAULDER Jedi Master star 1

Nov 16, 2000
    ooops! sorry... :D

ABSOLUTELY SPOILER FREE but TRAILER FREE,i can't make any promises. Once they're there, they're everywhere..

3. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Man, it took me 3 viewings of AOTC just to love it. Why?

That danged "Clone War" trailer. I had put the whole story in order. I saw AOTC at the 12:01 opening day, and wasnt impressed.

C'mon guys, Star Wars is about to die. I want to do something crazy to celebrate its life.

I was spoiled for the others, and this time I have to do something insane, to tell a good story decades from now.

Those 2 hours and 20 minutes of the first time you see the movie are worth infinately more now, because there will be no more.

Supply and Demand. This is the last one ever, there is no more "supply." For example:

Chickens are plentiful in this world, so you can afford to kill and eat them anytime you want. But if you had the very last chicken in the world, how valuable would it be?

Star Wars movies are like chickens. When there is more movies on the way, you can afford to spoil yourself. This is the last one ever, it is worth a fortune, you will live a miserable existence if you squander it.

Lets say you owned the last chicken in the world, and you were able to keep that chicken safe and sound and healthy, for 2 years. One day that chicken starts to look real good, and its so close. Its so easy. What do you do? Do you lose control of your senses and grub on it? Or do you not let your feelings take over your actions and do the right thing?

Same for the trailers. Dont squander them. Dont give in just because theyre there. I know youre hungry. I know youre sitting in the theater and the preview is coming on ANYWAY. But dont give in. Run out. Youll have a story to tell your grandkids, youll be a better person for having not let hellish temptation get ahold of you, you will have sacrificed for the greater good, and most of all, youll sleep well at night with a clear conscience, and die with no regrets. It may feel good at the time to watch the preview, but at the end of your life, youll be so glad you didnt.

If you just dont eat this chicken, even though it would be so easy, and you have the recipe ready, and the griddle is already sizzling...If you can deny yourself instant gradification, knowing that the satisfaction it will bring you will be fleeting, one day there will be so much chicken, youll be glad you didnt give in that one day.

And on that day, youll have chicken for dinner, chicken for lunch, chicken for breakfast, chicken for brunch. The world will thank you.

Dont waste it. Dont just eat that chicken because you get hungry.

Its the last one ever.

Hope you guys arent vegetarians.

4. AshAngel

AshAngel Jedi Master

Dec 26, 2002
    Hi all,

I'm new posting to these boards (been lurking for a while) but definitely not new to Star Wars.

Just wanted to say I'm gonna be totally spoiler and trailer free for Episode III! It's a long hard road but I'm determined to do it.

I ruined RotJ for myself many years ago by reading the last few pages of the novel while standing on the long, boring line at the grocery store. Stupid! I still kick myself for that one.

I was so Star Wars-starved, I inhaled every little crumb and tidbit I could find for TPM.

But for AotC, I was involved with another fandom at the time and I had *no* idea what it was about. I read a few "snoop" reviews (spoiler-free ones) right before it was released, I saw some pics in the SW Insider, and I think I viewed 2 of the short trailers online (teeny little boxes, crummy quality) but other than that I was clean. Man! Was I ever glad! Every moment was a sparkling surprise...my imagination was a clean slate and all the bitty snatches of rumor I'd heard about Hayden Christensen being terrible were blown away with the wind. I was *so* happy I was spoiler free! I'm not gonna ruin it for myself for the last...the very last Star Wars movie ever. No way..

5. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    Right on brother man.
    *Right hand pounds chest, then makes the "peace" sign*

I dont want to know what Hayden's hair will look like. I dont want to know if theres a space battle. I dont want to know whether or not JarJar is in it.

I want to keep my mind clear, clean.

The only thing I know is that Anikan turns. Thats all I need to know.

I want those 2 hours to be the best 2 hours ever. And theres only one way to ensure that...

6. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

ATTENTION ALL WHO POST HERE!!!!

How does these rules sound!

Within this thread these rules rule :p

1) No mentioning of ANY material coming from the official sources or other sources. The only one thing that will be mentioned is the movietitle, when it is released.

2) All theories circulating now is admissable, but no confirmation will be made, if discovered from sources as mentioned under rule 1).

DD - Unspoiled Spliff

7. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Good morning, AshAngel, and welcome. Welcome to the boards & this club.

"this army is (at this point I was sitting on the edge of my seat) for the Republic." (whoah)

Tell everyone You know to join us! This is the only way.

8. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    mmmm...chiiickennnn.

9. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

You humbled me ISD-Devastator. I forgot to welcome a new member.

Welcome AshAngel

Please forgive my rudeness [face_blush]

DD - Trailer Spliffed

10. AshAngel

AshAngel Jedi Master

Dec 26, 2002
    Thanks muchly for your kind welcomes, ISD-Devastator and Darth Dane! I'm quite happy to be here...although it's a looonng wait, i'm trying as hard as I can to stick to only the non-spoiler boards and the AotC boards. I've read some great conversation in both places, seems like a really fun place to be! :)

11. JakeLipson

JakeLipson Jedi Youngling

Aug 19, 2002
    I will remain as spoiler free as possible but will not and can not be trailer free.

When the trailer hits, I'll probably go insane and play it over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and over and over over and you get the idea until I get sick of it.

12. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    it will be next to impossible to go to a movie dec 2004-may 2005 w/o seeing a SW trailer. i will have to bring ear plugs and walk out of the theatre. if i can get myself to do it.

13. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    "Control, control, you must learn control"
    You can do it. I can do it. We can do it!
    Maybe a paper bag w/ ear plugs?
    I'm still counting on doing "laalalalaalalaalaa" during trailers.

14. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    Dont do that.
    No human can resist the one ring if it is touched.

No human can resist the evil power of the trailers if you remain in the theater.

Dont trust yourself. You are weak. You are frail. You are human.

There is only one way to avoid the insidious corruption of the one ring, and that is to keep it away. Completely.

You cant remain in the theater and plug your ears and close your eyes. You cant. You WILL peek. It is unavoidable. It is your destiny.

There is only one way to resist. And that is to aviod it completely.

Run out.

It is the only way.

15. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

I must manitian it is possible, dartweenie, as I remember refusing to look when AotC trailers was hitting the theaters.

I didn´t even had to resort to "lalalaalalalalala", I can sorta put pressure in my head and "drown" out noise, unless it gets real loud.

It is possible, do or do not! There is no try.

So noone replied to my suggested rules!?! any takers?

DD - Free Spliff

16. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    This is going to be hard.

17. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I'm definitely going to be spoiler free, but I don't know about being trailer-free. I'm easily tempted by the Dark Side. :eek:

18. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    "You cant remain in the theater and plug your ears and close your eyes. You cant."
    My hate has made me powerful. The trailers are unarmed. I will strike them down with my anger. I will NOT peek. You have failed, your whateverness.
    And JGM, if you are going to be spoiled, then what the frill are you doing here?
    DD, rules sound good.

19. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    You CANT be in the movie theater!

Youre in denial. Youre fooling yourself.

Besides, why take the chance? Hearing a noise from the movie can be a spoiler too you know. You might hear a volcano erupting. Then you would know. And you dont want to know stuff like that.

Do you?

Why take the chance?

Run away!
    I urge you.

20. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Upon entering this thread I thought, "ha ha! Trailer free? Not a chance in h-e-double-hockey-sticks!"

But after reading the moving and inspirational posts by DarthWeenie and company ;), I find myself wondering if I could do it. If it would be worth it.

I don't know. My willpower is weak as a toothpick. :p

21. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    Do you know what kind of horrible things you can do with a toothpick?

I can be in the theater, I can do whatever I want. I am NOT fooling myself. Search your feelings, you know it's true!
    Besides, there's the warning "Lucasfilm ltd." in the beginning of the trailer. And I won't hear a thing if I so decide.
    I find your lack of faith disturbing, DarthWeenie.

Being spoiler and trailer free IS worth every discomfortable second in the theatre w/ your fingers deeeeeep in your ears and your friends & total strangers beating you to stop that "laalalalalalaaa". You will be 100% free <waves hand>

22. BLUEJEDI3

BLUEJEDI3 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 12, 2002
    Man I don't know how you can go trailer free?

I was 1/4 spoiled for TPM.
    I was 1/2 spoiled For ATOC.

Did not ruin the movies for me.

I don't know how a fan can resist the trailer to get the very first glimpse of the movie, it's more exiting than the the movie your going to see whatever that is in fall of 2004.

It feeds my excitement instead of my frustration.

When that trailer hits the net we will see how strong your willpower is.

23. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    "When that trailer hits the net we will see how strong your willpower is."
    That's no test for me, even as I now possess the infinite power and speed of Broadband connection. "And why not?" you ask. I'm too lazy to search for trailers and then spend my precious time just downloading them.
    Blah, I'll see the trailers on the DVD.
    The only test for my willpower is when I decide to stay away from StarWars.com and tFn-Ep3 forums.

24. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I have no problem staying spoiler and trailer free for EpIII. That´s what I did for AOTC and THAT´S what made my AOTC experience friggin´ awesome!
    I didn´t miss anything I thought would be in it and I didn´t get false expectations from any trailer :D

25. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    I KNOW I'm going to stay spoiler free but trailer free? That's something I have to really think about. It's going to be so hard for me :( I want to but I don't know if I can...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.