main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] The "Spoiler and Trailer free for episode III" club of crazed fans!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth Dane, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Poor, poor, ISD Devastator...

You bring a tear to my eye.

2. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Wipe them out. All of them.

I'm not poor, not rich either, but not poor.

3. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    "I find myself wondering if I could do it. If it would be worth it."

That depends on you. But I definately think that you, whoever you are, should do SOMETHING crazy to comemorate the death of SW.

I have 2 extremely crazy things that I will do. This is your last chance to do it. Your LAST CHANCE!

One of the two of MINE is to stay spoiler and trailer free. The other is even more crazy. ...

But you, whoever it is that is reading this, need to do SOMETHING to remember the last SW movie ever. Fly to a foriegn country to see it. That would be great. Something as simple as that would make you so happy.

Youd have a story to tell years from now, when your grandchildren are watching episode 3 years from now. You could tell them that YOU grew up with SW, and it was a big part of your life for 20+ years before you finally <insert crazy ep3 activity here> to celebrate the finale of it all.

Come on guys! How long has SW been a part of YOUR life?!? A Decade? More?

Are you really content to treat the grand finale of all of THAT as just another movie?

This thread is for the crazed fans who want to stay spoiler and trailer free. We hope that inspires YOU to do something special.

Whether that is that you'll join us in our liberation from trailers and spoilers, or not.

The point is that you do your own crazy thing. But for God's sake, please make sure you DO it.

4. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    "when your grandchildren are watching episode 3 years from now"
    If I were to have any offspring.. One can't make 'em alone.
    And I don't still have a Life, but SW has been an important part of my existence for about 15-16 years.

I could do something strange that I haven't done yet: wear my Darth Vader helmet and by that time I should have bought a red lightsaber (w/sfx) and stuff like that. Or taking a tattoo "Spoiler and Trailer Free 'til Star Wars III: xxxx" w/ the glorious Imperial logo.
    But being S&T free isn't crazy. It's cool. Tell your friends, too.

5. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

It brings warm feeling to my heart seeing Weenie and ISd being so seriously devoted to this way of approaching May 25(ca.) 2005.

S&T all the way

DD - Freebee Spliff

6. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    "If I were to have any offspring.. One can't make 'em alone. "

Is that a proposal??

Anyways, I think staying spoiler and trailer free is plenty crazy. You dont understand what I consider "spoiler." Thats what makes it crazy. Anything is spoiler. Everything is spoiler.

Avoiding the entire toy section of Target or Wal-Mart, like it was infested with the plague, just to aviod the possiblity that I will see a SW figure or a poster is an example.

For episode 2, they had huge cardboard standups in the middle of the store with YODA HOLDING A LIGHTSABER for God's sake, weeks before the movie came out! You couldnt help but look at it! Then a kid in front of me at the store dropped a figure, I picked it up for him to find that it was an Anikan figure -- with removable arm!

Those are heavy spoilers.

So you see, to me, staying spoiler free doesnt just mean that I dont highlight the spoiler text on theforce.net. It doesnt mean that I simply dont download the trailers.

What it DOES mean is that when I feel the trailer coming on in the movie theatre, I run away screaming. It means that I send someone else to the store for me. It means that I NEVER, EVER visit TF.N, or SW.com. And all of these things for perhaps upwards of a whole year.

To me, seeing Padme's new hairstyle, spoiler.

Hearing a sound from the movie, spoiler.

When I see ep3, I will know NOTHING of the movie. For all I will know, JAmes Earl Jones, Christopher Lee, and even GL himself may very well have died in the making of the movie and been replaced by a synthesizer, a CGI model, and a digital director (a super-computer capable of scientifically determining what GL most likely would have decided in any given situation using input from his past decisions), respectively.

Staying spoiler and trailer free, for me, is work. Hard work. Laborous. TORTUROUS. And extended for a long period of time. And worst (best?) of all, willingly inflicted upon myself.

7. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002

I got a little carried away up there. Sorry.

What I really meant to say is, doing something that is "crazy" is relative. Like I said before, something as simple as going to another country to see it would be quite satisfactory -- for someone in the United States! For a European, who may only be 2 hours from half a dozen different countries, that would not be so crazy, would it?

For me, staying spoiler and trailer free is quite a departure. (And the other thing Im doing, if I told you guys, youd instantly puke. I'll tell you in a week or two when things are a little more "concrete.")

In any case, if youve stayed spoiler and trailer free before, its not so crazy for you this time. Youll need to do something else. A tattoo was a nice suggestion! Get engaged while in line for the movie. Whatever!

For those of you who have stayed spoiler and trailer free before, what are some ideas that you might have for something crazy you could do this time? Maybe we could all brainstorm some great ideas for each other!

8. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    DD-
    "S&T all the way"

I hope you mean S&T FREE all the way!

Otherwise, we're gonna have to have ourselves an ol' fashioned hangin'!!!

9. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

Whoops... [face_blush]

Yes of course....

S&T Free all the way!

You are such an inspiration Darth Weenie.

DD - Free Spliff

10. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    Thanks Inspired Spliff,

But not really. Im just a simple man trying to make my S&T free way in the universe.

Wow, I am humble, or what? I must be the MOST humble person IN THE WORLD! j/k

Did you stay S&T free for eps 1 or 2?
    I thought you did. If so, then YOU are an inspiration to ME.

And speaking of inspiration, I must publicly compliment you on the best gimmick on these boards. I see your posts all over the place and I always look forward to seeing the bottom of your post to see what kind of Spliff you will be this time. It is so cool.

You make me wonder though(a lot actually, even when Im away from the computer!), what Spliff means. I hope it means nothing. Then you would be my hero. That would be awesome.

11. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    Im so sorry I came into this club so late.

I look back at some of the previous pages and now I wonder, where is everyone?

How can we breathe new life into this thread?

12. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    "How can we breathe new life into this thread?"
    First of all, we ought to keep our fine thread (and the Great Club!) near the top of the list, so people won't forget it.
    And interesting conversation is a thing, that makes people read it, and when they read it, there are always some wackos to join the fun. Right? Flame on!

"Im so sorry I came into this club so late"
    Better late than never

I've been sick & frozen a few days, so that's why I haven't posted here for a while. Sorry about that.

13. DarthScud

DarthScud Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    -from BLUEJEDI3: I don't know how a fan can resist the trailer to get the very first glimpse of the movie, it's more exiting than the the movie your going to see

Exactly, the first time you see it is the most exciting, so why not make that first time 2+ hours long rather than 2 minutes long.

ISD, good luck! I'm with DarthWeenie, that Lucasfilm logo comes up and I'm runnin.

DD, like the rules, it may mean avoiding even the spoiler free boards and only linking to this thread for me. At least I'll have somewhere to go.

14. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    Well said.

To me, saying you can sit in the theater during the preview, with your eyes closed and ears plugged, shows that you are a person who makes the commitment, but sub-conciously do not WANT to follow through with it.

SOMETHING WILL get through. A quick visual. A short sound effect. The person behind you blurting something out afterward. Something.

And you know this. Dont you?

You make a commitment, but put yourself in a situation where keeping that commitment is impossible. And you do it purposely.

You are a person who is trying to quit smoking, but you are walking into a cigar shop saying, "Im not going to smoke anything. Im not going to smoke anything. Im not going to smoke anything.

I just want to smell the cigarrette."

(On a side note, does this sound familiar? Boromir: "If you would let me but touch the ring...". Or how about Bilbo when Frodo goes to visit him in the elf village? He just wants to see it, he wont do anything with it. Then he turns into a monster for an instant. BTW, I dont like LOTR very much, but most JCers do, so Im trying to use an analogy that you will understand and respect. Back on topic...)

Is it possible to simply "harmlessly" sniff the cigarrette? Yes.

But it is by no definition safe to do so. Why risk it?

Because you want to. Youve made the commitment to quit smoking because you know its best for you. It is best for you. But that doesnt mean that you dont still want to do it.

And if that is the case, as is the case with any addict, there is only one way to keep your commitment. To keep completely away from it.

You must be constantly alert to any situation/s that could possibly cause you to break your commitment, and avoid it at all costs.

If you want to save your virginity for marriage, you dont go to strip clubs, do you?

There are some "religious" people I know that, as a part of their religion, made the commitment to stay a virgin till marriage. Yet they would spend lots of time alone in the dark together. They said to each other that they would just kiss. As you can imagine, eventually their commitment was broken. How could it be avoided, really, given the circumstances they kept putting themselves in?

Thus, showing that the "commitment" they made was not their own. It was a commitment in words only, and not in deeds.

That is the case if you think you can be in the movie theater without being exposed to the evil power of the preview and being tempted beyond what you can bear.

ISD-Devastator--
    I see you headed down this path. Please Dont take offense to this post. I only say these things because I love you, and I want you to wake up and "get better" before its too late!

This is an intervention.

To whoever this post applys to--
    Dont kid yourself. If you TRULY want to keep this commitment, dont live in denial by saying that "you are strong enough" to merely stick your index fingers in your ears and sing "La la la...", and not be spoiled. Youre not.

If you do this, you are demonstrating that youve made a commitment but deep down are unwilling to follow through with it.

In the words of wise King Arthur and his knights of the round table--

"Run away! Run awaaaaay!

15. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    *Gasp*!!

This just in!

There are crazy, CRAZY developments in the ep3 Spoilers forum! This is no joke! I warn you to stay away until this crisis has abated! Again, this is no joke! Stay away! And for the love of God, if you have already been, DO NOT BRING THE FOULNESS HERE! REPEAT! DO NOT BRING IN INTO OUR SANCTUM!

More updates as they come in.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

16. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    "put yourself in a situation where keeping that commitment is impossible"
    No, sir, I can handle that situation. The Lucasfilm-sign floating before my eyes is the first warning, and it's all I need. But I have to admit, after reading your numerous warnings and I have thought about it: maybe I should, after all... RUN AWAY! RUN AWAY! (Monty Python sfx).
    "The person behind you blurting something out afterward."
    That'd really suck ***.
    And what the frill have you done in the Spoiler Forum (yuch)???? You warned the People, but have you seen some or more Spoiling thread titles? You have been exposed to Spoilers!
    That example about those religious people was thought inspiring, but I try to avoid religion, because I got banned once for saying my opinion of bible... But I got your idea. Agreed.

P.S. I don't smoke.

17. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    Here's a list. I had some problems with people, who didn't actually say if they were in or not, so I guessed. Same thing with some guys who didn't express themselves clearly enough to be Trailer free, so someone might be in the wrong group. But the main idea is that those, who have said so, are in S&T-free-group and those who didn't say Trailer Free, are in Spoiler Free-group.
    If You find yourself in a wrong place, feel free to complain. The list is in chronological order.

Spoiler & Trailer Free
    Darth Dane
    THE_DOODE
    Sophita
    Pkloa
    Obi-Wan's Apparition
    neoxeon2
    Jedi_Suzuran
    Stitch
    Darth_Kasst
    JediSaralyn
    Chamby_X
    grand_admiral_ewok
    AOTCStarwhchic
    Kenobi217
    Lady_Skywalker
    Tool_of_Vader
    ISD_Devastator
    obiwansbeard
    hippie1kenobi
    Jomero
    AshAngel
    Darth_Scud
    Xin-Te
    Tintti
    DarthWeenie
    TheVioletBurns
    BLUEJEDI3
    Lars_Muul
    Ben_Skywalker

Spoiler Free:
    Jedi_jem
    DarthTerrious
    Alderaan21
    JediSenoj451
    markdil
    fan_padawan
    GreenwoodSith
    TenorAprentice
    jango_joe
    Vezner
    Darth_Tarpals
    Kizakh
    BenK
    Ekenobi
    the-JEDI-are-NO-more
    AnakinsBestFriend
    Twin_Ton_Kenobi
    Darth_Doug
    Samwise_Skywalker
    DARTHMAULDER
    JakeLipson
    Pooja
    Jedi Greg Maddux

18. rich_meister

rich_meister Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I will go spoiler free that is for sure. Trailer free is another. Perhaps I will compromise and only watch one trailer over and over and over and over again.

19. weezyslob

weezyslob Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    So how do you guys plan to stay trailer free when they start showing them as commercials? Are you just going to stop watching TV period as soon as the trailers are on TV? That would be very difficult for me to do.

20. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I will be spoiler free....no, really! But not trailer free as that is REALLY hard and watching the TTT trailer over and oover was the only thing that kept me from flipping beacuse I couldn't see it. Damn Christmas concerts.

21. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    Of course I will stop watching tv! And so will you. That's only a month or two, it's not a big deal. Besides, I have my DVD-player, so I can watch anything I want anytime I want.

22. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

"weezyslob"

"So how do you guys plan to stay trailer free when they start showing them as commercials? Are you just going to stop watching TV period as soon as the trailers are on TV? That would be very difficult for me to do."

It is, if you check the first club out, you'll hear my tale of gamespot spoilers.
    Luckily tv trailers are somewhat less prominent in denmark, but just stay alert...

"Livi-Wan"

"I will be spoiler free....no, really! But not trailer free as that is REALLY hard and watching the TTT trailer over and oover was the only thing that kept me from flipping beacuse I couldn't see it. Damn Christmas concerts."

For TTT I wasn´t trailer free, because I already know the story, and the trailers don´t reveal more than I already knew. But for Ep II, I know nothing, I have a general outline but thats it, here the images suddenly hold great importance.

"ISD_Devastator"

Great homage to your work ISD, didn´t even know we were that many going S&T-free.

"Darth weenie"

I didn´t go S&T-free for TPM, huge mistake eh? But almost completely free for AOTC, and now hopefully even more for ep III.

DD - Crazy Spliff

23. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I knew the plot of TTT before I saw it, I was just very very exited. It gets me like that.

24. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    "didn´t even know we were that many going S&T-free"
    I was surprised when I looked at that list: I had thought, that there are only a handful of us. Won't complain, though. ;) The list should be updated a few pages (and 40 members) later, da?

And just as I was writing this, I realized: one can't be unspoiled, if one has seen a trailer. It's a take it or leave it-situation: trailers spoil people, so it's useless to say "I'm not spoiled, I only saw the trailer once". That can't be undone.
    Anyone agree?

25. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    That's it--you all have inspired me to go spoiler free for Episode III (and trailer free? Oh, where will I find the willpower?)

I'm going to need your support in April 2005 when everyone around me is talking about Episode III. How do you avoid hearing spoilers? Should I buy a Walkman?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.