main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] The "Spoiler and Trailer free for episode III" club of crazed fans!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth Dane, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Hey, it's okay guys. Let's not fight. That's the last thing we need and want.

2. weezyslob

weezyslob Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Don't worry it's all in good fun.

3. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
  4. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Well.
    You know.
    Just making sure there is no aggression. :)

5. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

Sorry for teh delay...ermmm pressing matters needed my attention.

*cough cough*

Amazement is what fills my mind. When I read that post, I once again got the rekindling of the enthusiasm that you have in the beginning.
    For those of you that checked the first post will have seen the link to the old club.
    It will get increasingly harder as time passes by, and the release date approaches. Steel yourself and have Love for the experience of the first time.
    With Weenies post, I feel confident taht we shall overcome the temptation yet again. Keep your spirits high.

I myself is a bit of Jack of all trades. Call me "The weapons smith" among others ;)

DD - Smith's Spliff

6. Jedi_Poodu2005

Jedi_Poodu2005 Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2003
    I think you all will agree with me and our favorite green mentor,"Try not! Do or do not, there is no try!"
    I WILL STAY SPOILER FREE, and finally BE ABLE TO RELAX! (A.D.T. Commerical)
    Hey, what can I say? Everything I learned in life I learned from Star Wars... can I a get a "Force-men"! I said,"CAN I GET A FORCE-MEN! HALLELUJAH!"

7. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    I must say this is great.
    I really can get the "I want a spoiler"-feeling out of my head now.
    If it stays as now, this is going to be great! :D

8. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    My turbolaser batteries are at Your disposal.
    I'm not scared by the spoilers.
    But damn, was I tempted by that James Earl-link... my fingers are still itching. Maybe I should edit my tFn-bookmark to launch 3NS directly, just to avoid these situations. Those topics should really be cleaned up.
    Sorry for being late. :_|

And about that sig-thing: I put the link to this thread in my sig the moment I joined here. You should too. No bright ideas for the ranking, though. At least, not yet.

9. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I wonder how much it would cost to be put into cryogenic freezing until May 2005...

10. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    heres a question, when should i start avoiding YJCC?
    cause i want to spoiler free, and not trip over one just hangin around in there.

11. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Spoilers are like... the Agents in The Matrix. You can never tell where they are. They come and go as they please, and they show no mercy.

12. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    Aah! The Matrix.
    Another good sci-fi movie. :cool:

Actually 2003 will be a nice movieyear, so maybe sometimes I will forget about Ep III.

We have The Matrix Reloaded and the Matrix Revolutions.
    The return of the X-Men in X2.
    The return of Arnold in Terminator III. :D
    And at the end of the year Return of the King.

This is going to be a great year! :D :cool:

13. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    I've managed to restrain so far from looking at that JEJ spoiler, even though I'm really tempted! I hope ignoring spoilers gets easier as time goes on [face_plain]

14. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    I just thought about something. I also posted in another thread.
    What if we don't get to see that Anakin = Vader?
    Then the shock will be in Ep V like before for the people who watch the PT first.

15. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    yeah we do have a loaded year for movies.
    daredevil, T3, X2, Both Matrix, Hulk, LOTR Return, too bad theres no hary potter, this could be the biggest year for movies, but if HP was there it would be hard to beat.

16. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    Isn't there a Harry Potter?
    I thought number III would be for around christmas this year ...

17. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Prisoner of Azkaban starts filming this year, and comes out in 2004.

18. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    I have nothing against Potters (seen them both), but matrix-duo is a set of movies I will not see. Not even if there was a beautiful woman going with me. Never. The first matrix was so horrible waste of money :mad:
    But Ahnuld in T3... ought to be fun.

"I hope ignoring spoilers gets easier as time goes on "
    It will, you'll have the whole club on your side.

19. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    "Maybe I should edit my tFn-bookmark to launch 3NS directly, just to avoid these situations. "

That time may not be far off in coming, but I dont think its necesacery quite yet. Not for me. But everyones different. You gotta decide for yourself.

20. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    BTW,

ISD wrote me this:

"And if you were wondering, why I won't check the link you gave me to check if I were late or not, it's because I don't want to be in there before the time, if I was in schedule now. Just like spoilers."

Nice one.
    Yeah, I made that link in the PM sound all-important, but it was just for a little fun for you guys.

It was no big deal. All it did was link to page 6 of this thread.

But it was a kind of "Dagobah Cave" test for you guys. If you peeked before the time, you failed.

The cave! The cave! Remember your failure in the caaaave.

Did you pass? Dont be ashamed, tell the truth!

21. DarthWeenie

Sep 2, 2002
    One more thing! There is a thread in this very forum called "James Earl Jones". Dont know whats contained therein. Be careful, my friends.

One one more thing. 2 days ago, there were only 6 pages to this thread for the months that it was around. Now we're finishing up the 8th page! Thats quite an increase. Good job all.

But most of the members are still not present. ISD put together a list of all the members on the 6th page. What can we do to get them to rejoin us? Lets figure out a way to let them know we miss them and invite them back.

One one one more thing. Lets put together a protocol for when spoilers are released.

Here are my suggestions, if its agreeable with everyone else, lets implement them:

Everyone who wants to visit TF.N, which I assume is pretty close to daily for all of you, make sure to link straight here first. Anyone who comes across a spoiler, particularly on TF.N, come here and post it,the entire post in bold.

That way, if there is a spoiler, we will all be aware of it because we all come to this thread first to see if the coast is clear.

Weezyslob is extremely pro-spoilers, and hes a friend of mine. He respects our position and I dont think he'll compromise us in any way. Ill see if he'll be willing to let me know of the presence of any spoilers before hand, and then I'll post here where they are found so you can avoid them. Of course, I know you guys dont have any reason to trust him, so feel free to tell me if you dont like that idea; if youre afraid he could make a slip and tell us something we dont want to know. But I trust him.

Thats how I found out about the spoilers emerging and stuff on the front page and in the 3SA. He warns me off them whenever he can.

What do you think of this protocol? It may help us not be tempted like the recent JEJ crisis.

22. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    Oké, I like the protocol idea.

BTW : I went to the James Earl Jones thread when it just started.
    There isn't mentioned anything about the spoiler.
    It are actually more people who say they didn't watched it and don't want to.
    Maybe potential people who can join us ... ?

23. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    Thanks for the clarification, Apophis, I haven't visited the JEJ-thread just because it might be compromised. But if it's safe, it's allright. There might be some people, who could join us.

"Did you pass? Dont be ashamed, tell the truth!"
    Passed, I clicked it that 24 hrs too late. How embarrassing.

Idea of linking here first to check the situation is good, there's also the official spoiler-alert thread, where the alert can be posted. I know it's mainly for other portals, but still.

24. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    Maybe we should make some publicity.
    I saw more people who don't want to see spoilers.
    They can all join us ...

25. weezyslob

weezyslob Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    But if you go around advertising, there might be some idiots out there who will come in and post spoilers just to make you guys mad, and you wouldn't want that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.