main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] Updated Non-Spoiler Forum Rules (everyone read) -- Updated 24/10/04 [New Policy added!]

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mr. P, May 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Is it not logical to assume that things that need to happen before ANH that are critical to the story will happen in Episode III? If you are using a strict definition, confirmation of these events may be considered a spoiler, but they should hardly be surprising.

2. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]it may be logical, but it may not NEED to be discussed as fact. because until they tell or show us that it happens, we don't KNOW it will happen. I just don't want to know too much. I'd hate to have to stop coming here to not know stuff. [/color]

edit: I just don't wanna be spoiled! :( *sniff*

3. Mandalorian_Warrior

Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    I think there should be different rules. Just cuz lucas, a cast member or a member of the higherarchy says something doesn't mean its not a spoiler. If I recall correctly, Sam Jackson said ".....I get to take out a major character, that is cool.....". Now from the previews and commercials we know that he fought Jango. This was the biggest giveaway!! I say the rules should be:

NO SPOILERS! USE COMMON SENSE!!! ANY VIOLATION WILL BE ENFORCED WITH LOCKING, DELETING, OR BANNING IMMEDIATELY!!!!THE END.

haha, just no spoilers.

4. wstraka5

wstraka5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    Up for use of the NSA.

5. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Uppers

Just updated the rules to reflect the current situation. Thanks also to wstraka5 and Mace Windy

6. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Thanks for the update, Stinrab! :)

7. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    A huge thank you goes out to wstraka5 for getting the ball rolling on this. It was his suggestion that the rules be updated.

A big thank you goes out to stinrab for editing and updating the thread.

A really, really small meaningless mention goes out to myself for making stinrab and my names "clickable" in the initial post. :p

:cool: Mace Windy,
    instant poster, gust add wind!

8. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Thanks for the update, wstraka5, stinrab and Mace Windy . Nice job. :)

9. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
  10. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
  11. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    Rules updated 12/1

Off-topic polls will be created on a regular basis by 3NS forum mods for the purpose of community building. Only forum mods are allowed to create such polls. If you would like a certain topic to be addressed, simply PM a 3NS mod and it will be considered

You can view the first of these polls here :)

12. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Man, I'd STILL go with a much harsher policy on what exactly constitutes a spoiler, but I'd guess that would be more difficult to enforce.

I just think it would piss a lot of people off if good ol' GL or McCallum give away something and it can be put in plain sight in this forum. Obviously, it's not going to be of the magnitude of "I am your father", but maybe a small plot point could be of interest and could ruin it for the N-Sers.

Here's a COMPLETELY hypothetical example: say that Lucas reveals in SW Insider # 9999 that we WILL see Boba Fett in his familiar armor in Episode III.

Spoiler? I think so.

Just my 2 cents.

-dust

13. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    Garth: if issues such as those brought up in your post become prevalent, a review of the rules will definately be considered :)

14. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    bump!
    Man, i bumped it so hard, it didn't see THAT one comin'. :D

15. Gay-LenKenobi

Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 20, 2000
  16. stinrab

Jul 9, 1998
    Up!

Added the new policy on OS information:
    Information from the OS will now be discussed in relevant OS threads. These threads will be divided into categories, thereby moving all discussion on those matters to there. In addition, this will, hopefully, help those who wish to remain completely spoiler-free as OS information will be contained to these threads.

For more information on this new policy please see here for more details :)

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    UP.

We've switched spoiler policies again - this time back to the same one we used for AOTC:

Threads featuring official or hyperspace material would no longer require a tag labeling it as containing official information.

ONLY THREADS WHICH PROHIBIT SPOILER-MATERIAL WOULD REQUIRE AN IDENTIFICATION TAG. If you visit the communications forum you've no doubt noticed that all of the threads are identified, in brackets coming at the beginning of the thread, as to which JC forum they correspond to. For example, a forum title might read " [3NS] Proposed New 3NS Policy."

Prior to the release of Attack of the Clones, all members who did not wish to receive any official information were referred to as "Hard-Core Spoiler Free" members. It is for this reason that in our proposal, all threads which are designed to prohibit official information would be labeled as [HCSF], with the "[HCSF]" coming before the thread title.

All other threads would be wide open to any official or hyperspace information to be mentioned during discussion.

For more information, see here.

18. ps2_jedi

ps2_jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    I wonder why this isent Stickied?

19. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    if i was to be really padantic, i would say simply even knowing about such things a Grevious is a spoiler, i am so glad i was oblivious to it all before TPM

20. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Is it OK to mention General Greivous in the NS forum, as he has been mentioned in several places.

21. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Grievous had been made "fair game" for comment throughout the 3NS forum some months ago. :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

22. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Thank you Windy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.