main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] who tells that anakin & padme are married? how do the jedi/obi-wan find out?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by AERYN_SUN, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    something just occured to me. we know r2 & c3p-o were witnsesses at anakin & padme's wedding, and that episode iii takes place three years later but what i'm wandering is is it possible c3p-0 or r2-d2 accidently let it slip the two were married?

2. DarthDooku

DarthDooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2000
    That's an interesting way of looking at it...it could happen that way. Jar Jar could also blabber about it too. I can just see it:

"cedi Jouncil, missa have to report to youa, that Ani and Missa Padme gotta hitched behind youza back."

Actually, I could see this being discovered by Obi-Wan and this being part of the rift that forces them apart.

DD

3. the-JEDI-are-NO-more

the-JEDI-are-NO-more Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2002
    ya i could see that happen.

4. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    Sorry, don't think the droids spill the beans! :p

I think it's entirely possible that the Jedi never find out about their marriage, at least until Obi-Wan finds out that Padme is pregnant. With all that has to happen in Episode 3, in the larger scheme of things it's not that important an issue and could be left out... unless GL wants to do something with it.

Can't say who would find out if they do (they might just ask him and detect the truth), but what could work is if Anakin is expelled from the Jedi after his marriage is discovered, which then sends him into the hands of Palpatine.

5. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    very true, jar jar does talk a lot and might accidently mention something about anakin & padme, and i don't think r2 would say anything because he's always loyal.

so, i guess it's between jar jar & r2, unless someone else spills the beans.

6. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    It only makes sense to me that the Jedi do find out before Ep. 3 about the marriage. Unless Anakin leaves the Order before Ep. 3, which I can't see happening, he would have to go back to being Obi-Wan's apprentice. Granted they might not be on the same missions all the time, but they would be spending time together. I would think Obi-Wan would either be able to sense what had happened, or be able to deduce it based on Anakin visiting/sneaking-off to be with Padmé all the time. Obi-Wan deserves credit; if anyone could figure it out, it would be the man who knows Anakin the best.

After the Jedi find out though, it's possible they just disregard it considering Anakin is the chosen one, and during this war they need all the Jedi they can get.

7. The Sixth Stench

The Sixth Stench Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 1999
    Since Jar Jar doesn't know that they are married, how could he "spill the beans"?

8. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    After the Jedi find out though, it's possible they just disregard it considering Anakin is the chosen one, and during this war they need all the Jedi they can get.

Interesting point, but what would this say about the Jedi? If they are willing to overlook blatant violations of the Code because it is convenient for them, it could be used by Sidious to show that the Jedi are untrustworthy.

I think it is more likely that the Jedi will find out about the marriage and that it will cause a rift between Anakin and the Order that Palpatine will exploit in his efforts to turn Anakin to the Darkside.

9. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i got this feeling at the end of episode ii, the jedi (specifically the council) probably knew what was going to happen when anakin took padme back to naboo. they probably figured if they were so strongly connected to each other, stopping their want to be married would have been futile.

if the council had denied anakin at that point, he probably would have crossed over at that time.

and with the clone wars starting, the council probably didn't even want another problem to develop within the ranks. or something like that.

10. Rebellion

Rebellion Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    I think after the final battle in the Clone Wars at the beginning of the film, there will be a celebration held in Palpatine's office only to important figures of the war. Padme will be there and Anakin also. They exchange friendly greetings and Padme leaves. Obi-Wan sees Anakin leave the room quietly and in the direction that Padme left. Obi-Wan follows only to find Padme and Anakin kissing behind a corner. Somehow because Anakin and Obi-Wan are friends they decide to keep it a secret.

Later on Mace Windu finds Obi-Wan deep in though. He manages to find out from Obi-Wan they are married and soon later Anakin is brought before the Jedi Council with Padme under protection by the Jedi. The mystery is, that Mace Windu doesn't actually tell Yoda and the others, it was none other, than Palpatine!

11. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    They exchange friendly greetings and Padme leaves. Obi-Wan sees Anakin leave the room quietly and in the direction that Padme left. Obi-Wan follows only to find Padme and Anakin kissing behind a corner. Somehow because Anakin and Obi-Wan are friends they decide to keep it a secret.

i agreed with everything you said up until the point obi-wan confronts anakin, and decide to keep it a secret.

i've had some time to think about this, and my conclusion was i don't think obi-wan would keep this sort of thing quiet. he would have to tell the council, b/c if he didn't it would like he knew all along about the marriage, and he also would be in trouble.

12. BenK

BenK Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2002
    Maybe Anakin simply tells the council the he loves Padme too much and that they have gotten married, although he still wants to serve the Republic as a Jedi. Naturally, the council will disapprove and they have no choice but to expel Anakin from the Order, despite Anakin's pleas to stay. It's probably at this time that Anakin will turn to Palpatine for support, and Palpatine naturally, will be on Anakin's side. Seeing that Anakin has far more potential as a Sith apprentice than Dooku (just as Palpatine sees Luke as having much greater potential than Vader in ROTJ), Palpatine then plans for Anakin to kill Dooku and take his place as the apprentice.... Just before his death, Dooku realizes that Sidious has been using him all along and reveals to the Jedi (or at least what is left of the Jedi after the Clone Wars) the true nature of the Sidious/Palpatine relationship... but by then it is too late...

Just guessing! It'll be cool, though, if it happens that way.... :D

13. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    >>>how do the jedi/obi-wan find out?

They just know. Somehow... they've always known...

>>>>we know r2 & c3p-o were witnsesses at anakin & padme's wedding, and that episode iii takes place three years later but what i'm wandering is is it possible c3p-0 or r2-d2 accidently let it slip the two were married?

Maybe that's why they have their memories erased?

14. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    we know r2 & c3p-o were witnsesses at anakin & padme's wedding, and that episode iii takes place three years later but what i'm wandering is is it possible c3p-0 or r2-d2 accidently let it slip the two were married?

another thought just came to me about why/how the droids memories were erased.

it's been said that r2 is loyal, so i don't think his memory is erased but csp-o doesn't remember everything, and since threepio became the lars' servant, and owen was anakin's step-brother (a connection to him), threepio's memory was erased.

probably at that time, anakin had become darth vader or had some something horrifc thar warranted that threepio lose his memory.

and owen as well (he didn't even recognize threepio in anh). bottom line, anyone that was linked to anakin had to lose their memory or risk death.

it's like what ben said in rotj. if palpy knew anakin had offspring, or (this is an afterthought) family, they would be a threat to him.

15. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Pretty good discussion here people.

BenK, I like your version of things.

I'm so pumped for Episode III: there's SO many cool ways to develop the story.

I also can't see Obi-Wan keeping it a secret. Or maybe he would, but he would have a severe problem with it.

Obi-Wan is all about loyalty and obedience and law and order.

"Come to your senses! You will be expelled from the Order!"

I expect to see Obi-Wan find out, not have the droids accidentally let it slip.

Obi-Wan seems pretty intuitive when it comes to Anakin. "You're using her as bait!"

Plus, Anakin has confessed to Ben how much he thinks/dreams about Padme.

I think it's possible that the Jedi MIGHT let the marriage pass, if only b/c Anakin is the Chosen One. Perhaps they will see it as "the Will of the Force".

-dust

16. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    let's see...is it possible could tell obi-wan in fear of her life and her children? she knows anakin, and has probably seen the changes in him and it scares her. obi-wan could find out from the one person that knows the whole truth, and if anakin found out he would see that as a betrayal.

17. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Interesting topic people :)

I think the Jedi already know something i going on, by the look of Obi-Wan and Mace when the topic of Anakin was mentioned anyway.

Its inconceivable that Obi-Wan would keep such a secret, his loyalty to the Jedi will mean he will let the JC know. Once that happens Anakin will feel betrayed.
    But the next course of action is very difficult, so far I've seen no evidence that the Jedi will let even this slide, although matters concerning Anakin don't seem to concern them too much and they may well let him stay married. I mean can you face losing the "Chosen One" knowing the Sith are still out there and expelling Anakin could easily make him one of them?

But be sure if he is expelled, he'll run to Palpatine and we all know the drill.

18. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    the jc may not expell him, but anakin may believe they are thinking about kicking him --- and he'd go to palpy for advice. and he reveals to palpy the reason for his thinking (that he's married to padme. )

19. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    I think there's a simpler explanation: Padme gets pregnant and then everyone figues it out. They've been spending a lot of time together... in private... Anakin must be the father... And Padme's reputation will be ruined unless they tell the truth about their marriage.

Maybe the droids could slip up then?

20. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i think by the time episode iii starts, padme will be pregnant but it only be the beginning of her pregnancy, and she will already know, or at has some idea that anakin has changed (become darker than usual) and fears for her life as well as her children.

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Interesting, Aeryn.

But have you considered that Lucas will (I assume) have to explain how Luke ended up on Tatooine, Anakin's HOME planet (more or less), with Obi-Wan, and Leia ended up with Padme on Alderaan, having been adopted by Bail Organa?

I think it's possible Padme will already have given birth (I don't think I want to see a birth scene in Episode III:)).

-dust

22. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    But have you considered that Lucas will (I assume) have to explain how Luke ended up on Tatooine, Anakin's HOME planet (more or less), with Obi-Wan, and Leia ended up with Padme on Alderaan, having been adopted by Bail Organa?

assuming that anakin will cut of all ties with his past after he becomes darth vader, he won't bother to return to tatooine and his family there because he'll be more focused on destroying the jedi.

as for leia ending up bail organa, i think that decision will be left up to padme. in episode ii, padme and bail are allies and are working for the same cause. therefore, i think it's plausible she'd decide to take leia to alderaan and raise her there, along side bail.

while luke goes to tatooine, and is obviously watched by obi-wan.

23. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    Threepio and Artoo don't remember Obi-Wan by the time of ANH. Their memories were probably erased.

24. master_windu1

master_windu1 Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2002
    well, most of the jedi are able to read minds, and anakin is bad at hiding things going on in his head. also, during the movie when anakin makes "dark" mistakes yoda always gets this look on his face as if he knows whats going on. I think the jedi fidn out by themselves.

25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I dunno, Aeryn. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Anakin loves Padme, and it's quite possible that he's obsessed with her as well.

I can't see him, even with the power of the Dark Side, simply forgetting about her.

He MUST think (well, I guess I could be way off here) that Padme dies.

Why will he think that, you ask?

I dunno - there's a number of ways, most of them involving Palpatine or Obi-Wan.

IMHO, either Palpatine tells Anakin that Padme is dead, killed by Obi/Yoda/Mace/whoever, which makes Anakin fly off the handle,

or

Obi-Wan tells him that Padme has been killed by Dooku/Palpatine/whoever to protect her and the twins, because Obi recognizes that Anakin is becoming increasingly volatile.

-dust

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.