main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] who tells that anakin & padme are married? how do the jedi/obi-wan find out?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by AERYN_SUN, Nov 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    I think Padmé tells Obi Wan or Yoda about the marriage and her pregnancy after Anakin has turned to the dark side (or after she believes him to be dead). Some members of these boards have claimed Obi Wan (or somebody else) will catch them kissing. That doesn't sound like Star Wars - it is more like teen movie or a brilliant musical (Moulin Rouge).
    That is if they don't know already. One thing about the ending of AOTC has always bothered me and that is why Anakin and Padmé don't try to hide their feelings. At the end of the hangar scene Padmé runs to Anakin and kisses him despite Yoda and Obi Wan being there. Doesn't that mean they know about their love affair?

2. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    One thing about the ending of AOTC has always bothered me and that is why Anakin and Padmé don't try to hide their feelings. At the end of the hangar scene Padmé runs to Anakin and kisses him despite Yoda and Obi Wan being there. Doesn't that mean they know about their love affair?

Yes, I remember that. Obi-Wan gave Anakin this look as he kissed and hugged Padme, a look that basically said, "you're in big trouble" or "you and i need to talk about this". the ending has always bothered me too and not just because i'm an obidala 'shipper.

i've always debated whether the council just let them get married because they knew it was going to happen and if they did elope, they couldn't do anything to stop them.

~aeryn

3. Leah

Leah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2003
    In my opinion, I think that the Jedi kind of sense that Anakin and Padme are hitched somewhere in Episode 3. I don't think Jar-Jar spills the beans, but I think that Anakin, Padme, or somebody whose human tells the Jedi that their hitched.

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    but who? that's the big question. who's gonna blab or at least figure out what they're doing or what's happened?

~aeryn

5. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    I think the Jedi know but don't make a big deal out of it because of the clone war and Anakin is the chosen one and will bring balance to the force.

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I think so too QuiGon.

~aeryn

7. THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN

THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    C3P0 couldn't keep a secret for all the rust remover in the Galaxy !!!

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    just though i'd revive this thread for the third/fourth time...anyway, i'm reviving it :D

~aeryn

9. padmeissocool

padmeissocool Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2003
    c3po is kind of a blaber mouth so he is more likely to let something like this slip

10. spiritgurl

spiritgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2003
    I dont agree that Obi knows already about the marriage at the end of AOTC. i really think this revelation is something we NEED to see so it'll happen in Ep 3. I dont think it'll be the droids, no. It would be much more dramatic to have Obi catch them kissing or if Padme calls Obi for help with an increasingly unstable Anakin and learns the truth. I think it is possible for Obi to keep quiet for at least part of the film about it out of loyalty to Anakin and Padme but he is equally as likely to tell the council.

11. THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN

THE_DARKNESS_WITHIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    I reakon the reason for R2 & 3P0 getting their memories erased is because they probably find out about the "Leia" secret.

12. GimmeDeeLyte

GimmeDeeLyte Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2003
    What if they don't find out

13. 1sithfan

1sithfan Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2003
    maybe anakin tells palpatine

14. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    Obi Wan Mace Windu and Yoda all know Padme is involved with Anakin and that the two are romantically attached by the end of AOTC. Either Padme or Anakin mention to Obi Wan that they are married prior to Anakins turn as they cannot keep it a secret. He tells the Jedi Council.

15. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    i really think this revelation is something we NEED to see so it'll happen in Ep 3. I dont think it'll be the droids, no. It would be much more dramatic to have Obi catch them kissing or if Padme calls Obi for help with an increasingly unstable Anakin and learns the truth. I think it is possible for Obi to keep quiet for at least part of the film about it out of loyalty to Anakin and Padme but he is equally as likely to tell the council.

Hmm, spiritgurl, you maybe onto something. Still, I wouldn't rule out the droids (R2 is trustworthy but Threepio, well, he talks a lot), but I could a see scenario where Anakin would go off the deep end (not cross over the darkside) and Padme has no choice but to call Obi-Wan, and then spill the truth then.

~aeryn

16. JediAl

JediAl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2002
    "Be mindful of your thoughts Anakin,revealed they are. You have taken Padme' as your wife,have you not?"

Hello!! Have you all forgotten that Jedi can read minds? It wouldn't take much guessing..Padme's mind would be wide open,Anakin's a bit less but then again he is the careless type...

17. JediAl

JediAl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2002
    If Jar Jar is the cause of others finding out about the marraige,then he will deserve to be put to the saber or Clone Trooper firing squad...

18. KSA

KSA Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2003
    I had a dream about this (ahem)

Anakin and Padme get off a transport returning from a guard duty mission (she is an important senator). There to greet them are Obi-Wan, Yoda(or Mace or some important Jedi)Palpy 3PO and ect

Obi-Wan senses an upbeat tone to Anakin's mood and says: You're in a good mood.

And 3PO, the ever helpful droid, explains: Why yes Master Kenobi, they had the opportunity to spend time together, and with the Clone Wars it's a wonder they kept their marriage together!

Spoken like he's talking about the weather.

Also seeing Obi-Wan tell Yoda(or whoever) "Told ya so"

Also note I had a dream about Padme falling on the conveyor belt in AOTC!

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Obi-Wan senses an upbeat tone to Anakin's mood and says: You're in a good mood.

And 3PO, the ever helpful droid, explains: Why yes Master Kenobi, they had the opportunity to spend time together, and with the Clone Wars it's a wonder they kept their marriage together!

that sounds very much like something threepio would say, and i agree about 'i told you so' thing. obi-wan wouldn't flat out say it but his face would.

~aeryn

20. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    The Doirds C3PO and R2D2.

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Hmm... I can see Threepio blurting it out, yet a running joke in the OT is Threepio having important information to give someone, and yet everyone either ignores him or interrupts him. ;)

I think it would be way cooler (did I just say that?) if Obi-Wan sensed Anakin's good mood and figured it out.

A la Vader "so...you have a twin sister?"

And then it would be interesting to see what Anakin would do: would he try to deny it, or would he be like "that's right Master, what are you going to do about it?"

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

22. CCK

CCK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    alot of talk on this thread has had to do with the two droids...sorry to stray a little, but R2 was originaly on queen amidala's ship, so i guess he is padme's droid, and in the OT he says he's owned by obi wan, so i wonder if obi wan inherits him or is given to him at some point in ep III...as far as threepio, hi is anakin's, so i suppose he stays with R2...obi wan goes into hidding, so the two droids get passed somewhere to someone, and the next time we see them is on princess leia's ship in ANH...i wonder if she knew R2 (was passed on to her through someone) or she just happened to put the plans into the little R2 unit and it and 3P0 stuck together...it's interesting...i assume the droids don't have any idea who leia is...any thoughts on this?

23. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    yeah, we're all expecting a memory wipe, at least for C-3P0...no, probably for both, since he can translate what Artoo says.

24. CCK

CCK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    but R2 says he belongs to obi wan kenobi..when leia gave him the death star plans she also program him to say that/know that or does he remember/know who his former master is?

25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    why not?

Back on topic,

I think there's 6 (and probably more) main ways that Obi-Wan/the Jedi could find out A & P are married.

(a) Anakin tells Obi-Wan - unlikely?

(b) Obi-Wan uses the Force to find out, a la Vader in ROTJ ("so...you have a twin sister?")

(c) Yoda finds out b/c he's so smart

(d) Padme tells Obi-Wan

(e) The droids tell Obi-Wan or whoever

(f) She's pregnant, so after a while it doesn't matter. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.