main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

He is dead (just say it) (SBS Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jag, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Interesting... you keep saying that you chopped my arm of... and yet... i still have both arms! (raises lightsaber, held in both hands) See?
    As to your demand, I already answered that: leave Tahiri-Solo alone or be defeated by the overwhelming power of the lightside of the Force (is still glowing with an aura of Force power)

2. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    After being blindsided by an angry Tahiri-Solo (My fault for closing my eyes and waiting for a kiss/or hug [face_shocked] )
    As I slowly regain conscious and see a no armed Jawa run out of the door? :confused: I must of been hit harder than I thought :(

As I look around the room I see Sith-Pirate & J_A_S spining through a complex routine of outstanding bladework :cool: realising at this point that I'm not ready to face either of these combatants :mad: in a duel :(

Also still a little confused as to when all these other people entered the room. :confused: Tahiri-Solo must of hit me real hard [face_blush]

3. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Here's an idea: everybody leave Tahiri-Solo alone, then nobody else gets hurt. Just a thought. Then again, I am going to be causing most of the hurting if you say no, so it doesn't matter either way, but like I said, I'm a Jedi Knight, hurting people needlessly isn't my thing. Unfortunately, if you don't leave Tahiri-Solo alone I will be *forced* to hurt you (Sith-Pirate, I'm looking in your direction)
    That being said: LEAVE TAHIRI-SOLO ALONE! HAVE YOU NO MANNERS? If she wants to hug/kiss anyone, she will. Trying to Force her to do either is very impolite and will only make me angrier. Trust me, you do *not* want to make an Anakin angry. That much, I can promise.

4. JADES_FIRE

Dec 3, 2001
    J_A_S

Your mind powers will not work on the strong minded :cool:

You do have my respect though ;) (Deactivates Lightsaber) and I certainly don't want to force anyone to give me a hug/kiss :mad: It would be nice though :p We're just jealous that your getting all the hugs and kisses :_|

(sniff,sniff) Well it looks like I'll have to head back to the singles bar :(

Say GoldenVeila would you happen to have an Anakin out there waiting for you as well? :D :p (LOL)

5. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Hehehe! I left this thread when it was a vicious, flaming battle! Now I come back and it's fun! Yea!

*ducks under the table to find it empty* Hey, I thought there was a Tahiri under here! *shrugs and settled down to watch the battle* Anyone want some popcorn? ;)

6. JADES_FIRE

Dec 3, 2001
    I'll have some popcorn :D ( Sits down with Mcily_Nochi under the table)

Soooo Mcily_Nochi ..... You got an Anakin out there aswell? :cool: [face_love] Our age difference doesn't mean anything. :D :p (LOL)

By the way your Namesake fanfic sounds interesting ;) I'll have to read it when I get back. :D (I'm going to be away from a computer for a few hours :mad: But I promise I'll read it when I get back :D

7. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I found this on a STAR TREK message board similar to theforce.net

Anakin Solo. He died valiantly, taking on dozens of Vong to allow his family and friends to escape. If anyone out there cares, release a death yell and let Stovokor know that a Solo is coming, because he fought and died like a Klingon, no, a Jedi today.

As good an epitaph for anyone, doubly so since it came from a Trek fan.

8. JADES_FIRE

Dec 3, 2001
    Come on Kier You can't trust or listen to a Trekkie ;) (LOL)

9. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Hehe, I can vouch for that.
    I used to *be* a trekkie.

10. JADES_FIRE

Dec 3, 2001
    And I just said that I respected you J_A_S :p (LOL)

11. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Well, I'm not a trekkie any more (lol)

12. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    *looks around slowly, and hugs everyone in the room to appease them, then clings to J_A_S, sticking her tounge out at the others*

wow!! room got violent!!

J_A_S> youre my hero, heheh

13. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! *cries* :_|

Did you guys hear the DJ spoiler concerning Anakin? :_|

It's here: WARNING: DJ Spoilers at this link

Those -> insert a few disrespectful words that I shall not type up for the sake of trying to show some respect <- ...... :_| :_| :_|

14. JADES_FIRE

Dec 3, 2001
    It's good to see that your not a Trekkie anymore J_A_S :p (LOL)

Thanx for the hug Tahiri-Solo [face_love] :D :D :D

(Edit added)
    And yes Tahiri I've seen what Rebecca has said. Interesting to say the least, without giving anything away for the people who don't want to see the spoilers.

15. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    You shouldn't be thanking Tahiri-Solo, JADES_FIRE, you should be appologizing to her. Now.
    She only hugged you because you and your friend Sith-Pirate gave her no choice. Have you no manners? That is no way to treat a lady, and if you two aren't embarassed I'm embarassed for you.

16. JADES_FIRE

Dec 3, 2001
    (Bends down on one knee)I most humbly appologize Tahiri-Solo if I forced you to do something you did not wish to do. [face_blush]

My force powers must be stronger than I thought if I could ever force Tahiri-Solo to do something she didn't want to. :p (LOL)

17. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    No Jedi_Anakin_Solo, she hugged us so she could rule the galaxy!

As for feelng bad about not knowing how to treat a lady, I'm a Sith PIRATE. We're scoudrels like Han Solo, women love us, or at least that's what I thought when I chose this name. Anyway, thanks Tahiri-Solo!

Back to the subject, Tahiri, that really SUCKS big-time about Anakin. I don't know about you guys, but I think I'm done with NJO. Sorry.

18. JADES_FIRE

Dec 3, 2001
    Looks like we're partners again Sith-Pirate ;) I don't like what they've seemed to have done to Anakin :mad:

19. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Maybe they just want us to think he's gone. [face_plain]

20. JADES_FIRE

Dec 3, 2001
    I hope that's the case Tahiri :)

Pleeease let that be the case :_| :_|

21. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Anyways.... going back to the origional topic at hand.

Anakin Solo is dead.

((DARK JOURNEY SPOILER))

They burn him to prove it.

[face_devil]

22. Tahiri

Apr 9, 2001
    Somehow I don't agree. I mean, yeah, it seems REALLY like he's dead, but sheesh...just the way that they're putting so much closure on it so quickly makes me think that they just really want everyone to be convinced he's dead, then shock us all with an incredibly cool comeback!!!

:_| I hope it goes that way...I'm not giving up till the very last NJO book....

And what was with that totally useless kid (was Tarc his name?) introduced in SbS at the end? He's literally a twelve year old version of Anakin...what if the kid died and Anakin's spirit took his place? I mean, they had to have some reason for the apprearence of that character....

23. Risste

Risste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2001
    It seems now, that every possibility of a return that is in SbS is because of Troy Denning's writing, not his intention. I think he really wantted the reader to know at the end of the book that Anakin was dead, but he tried to break it to us too easily.

The appearance of the boy was just to remind Leia of Anakin. Didn't Shesh plan it that way, as I remember?

The use of "gone" instead of "dead" seems to just have been Denning shielding the reader from too harsh an announcement.

The survival of the intact corpse provided indirect closure, because it will make way for real closure in DJ, according to the spoilers.

Tahiri was just supposed to be having a hard time letting go when she was "talking to the corpse."

And Anakin did not dematerialize simply because Lucas said there would be no more dematerializations until after he has brought closure to that issue in episode two.

I fought long and hard for an Anakin return, but in the end, faced with the closure that DJ will bring, I must abandon my former hope, both for Anakin's return and for the NJO to turn out good.

There go my hopes for a solid, well-written and well-though-out SW series...

24. corran_rouge9

corran_rouge9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2001
    Don't know about you guys, but this doesn't change my mind too much. Sure, a lot of our theories just went out the door, but I don't think the odds really changed. If you think about it, it's still a fifty/fifty chance Anakin will be back: whether or not the people at Del Rey had it planned previously. Okay, this post probably isn't making as much sense to you all as it is to me, cause I'm tired. So I will go. Just don't give up hope. See my signature. It applies to this situation as well as the fall of Coruscant.

Corran

25. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    He's gone everyone. It would be a Frankenstein novel if they tried to bring him back from the dead, and that would just be stupid.

As I said before, you should not bring back the dead, it's just creepy and is not right.

Also, has anyone else noted the word science in science fiction. It is not possible to bring dead tissue back to life. Of course, faster than light travel is also not possible, but let the dead stay dead.

As it says on tombstones, R.I.P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.