main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Header and Titles

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LordGoldenArrow, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Hey everyone.

Some new benefits of being an "official" chapter have been added to the system. One of them is to customize what's on the city page. Now that's not new but some things like the new Header's are. If everyone looks closely their is a Forum Announcement at the top and Bottom of each thread in the Orlando Board. It says when the next event is! Like right now it says the next event is at Wickam Park in Melbourne.

The second "new" thing is we are allowed to officially recognize people in the club who have given their time to help the club. The titles are not meant for everyone. They are meant for people who hold positions in the club. If anyone has any nominations let me know. I couldn't really think of any besides Daryl but he's got a title. <g> Stef has already been given the title of Secretary of the Orlando System. I tried for Orlando's Supreme Chancellor's Secretary but that wasn't official enough. <eg>

Later everyone!

Art

2. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Also, anyone have any opinions on what permanent links we want at the top of the board? I can have some put in. I was thinking of putting in a permanent link to the "newcomer" thread. I was also going to start a thread and put a list of members.

Any other ideas? Also we can have "sticky" messages. If a sticky message is wanted or needed please let me know.

Art

3. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Hey Everyone. If you take a look at the top of the board, above the Forum Announcement is a new permanent link to the "Orlando System Member List"

Any others? Ideas are welcome!

Art

4. RebelCommando

RebelCommando Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Hey Art,
    It would be nice if there was something, not even a thread, but just a notice and maybe a link where applicable to any website announcing local area conventions.

Otherwise that's about it. I like the "New Member" thread link.

5. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Well, I don't think the headers are really the best place for that.

However, that would be something we could put on our website once it gets up. We can discuss that at our next meeting.

6. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Here's an idea..... can we make a New Member/FAQ thread and have it stickied to the top of the forum? we can stick all the information like where the meetings are located, things we like to do, etc... and have it locked out only to be updated by a moderator or the City Rep?

7. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    Well, I was planning to discuss this a little more at the meeting but...

I think since we are actually going to do the webpage it would be easier on us to do this as follows:

The links in the header like the Member list would be Next Meeting link, Member FAQ link, and Website link. The Next Meeting Link and Member FAQ would actually be links to our webpage. This would allow us to easily update and change things. As it stands right now, usually I have to get an Admin (Daryl) or an RSA to change anything.

8. LordGoldenArrow

Jan 13, 2002
    An update:

For those who wanted a Sci-Fi Convention list the Fanforce already has a Convention forum where they list upcoming cons for the whole country.

http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10290

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.