main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Heading to England, and I have a few Questions.

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Mayo_Solo, May 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Hi ya'll.

My english teacher is taking a group of 6 of us over to England for a tour. Our first four days and nights, we'll be staying in London. The members of my group, and I are 15 and 16 years old. So with this in mind, what kind of things do we have as options for nighttime activities?

I was also told that swing dancing is somewhat popular? Does this hold true? I just recently started swing dancing, so I was somewhat curious. lol.

We're looking for hangouts where we can meet native British kids, so we can get a taste of what it's like to live in England, and hopefully make some friends.

This one is especially an interest for me, because I hope to attend Oxford University for college.

And lastily, we're from florida, so will people laugh at our accent? lol. I know they did when I lived in Denmark. :D

Well thank you ahead of time for your help. And T-minus 6 days and counting. We leave June 3rd, and will get to England June 4th.

Mandy
    ~~Member of Melbourne Florida fan force group~~

2. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, firstly, let me say that I hope you all have a great time over here, in merry old England. :)

Swing dancing- Yes, it is strangely popular at the moment, however I have no idea where you could go in London to witness it. I'll try and get some info for you and post it on here before you leave for London.

As for night-time activities, you would probably be best off heading for Leicester Square, and having a look around there, as there is all sorts of things going on there.

Noone will laugh at your accent, although you may hear some very funny English accents yourself, feel free to laugh, I do. :p

Also if you go and look at our website (Rebel's Senate), there is a tourism section that has links to most of the more popular attractions in and around London. Most are places I would imagine your English teacher would take you to anyway. There's also a link to a journey planner for London, including Tube train routes ect....

3. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I'mnot sure of the best places for 15 and 16 year olds to go. Probably the pubs and clubs, but something tells me you wouldn't like that idea ;)

try checking out

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk and http://www.timeout.com/london

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you are into collecting (Star Wars figures or other sci-fi figures) and your teachers give you some free time, check out the Forbidden Planet Megastore at 179 Shaftesbury Avenue. Closest tube station is Leicester Square. They have all kinds of models, action figures, books, comics, and more expensive things such as the MasterReplica lightsabers. They do have VHS and DVDs but those are not compatible with US players so give them a miss.

5. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Thanks ya'll for your help. You're wonderful! :)

Mandy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.