main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Heads Can Be Useful ? Qui & Tahl 1-post ? reply 12·13

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MistiWhitesun, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistiWhitesun

MistiWhitesun Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    The Qui-Gon Jinn Challenge Thread

"Qui-Gon in Action" Challenge Parameters:
    Action, adventure, A Jedi craves not these things but they usually get them anyway. Write about Qui-Gon in action - any time period, any situation, AU, EU, JA, pre-JA.... well, you get the idea.

Author's Note:

I have two requests for my reviewers:
    1. Don't blaspheme or curse.
    2. Do critique.

Thank you.

Enjoy! :)
    [hr]
    [color=white][hl=green][b]Heads Can Be Useful[/b][/hl][/color]

He leapt lightly over the wall once the sentinel had passed. A glance assured he hadn't been noticed. In the shadows, he crept around the house to the courtyard gate. Some nimble-fingered picking got it soundlessly open. He owed Tahl for teaching him that.

A debt he was about to repay.

An alarm sounded. He froze, an abrupt white light blinding him. He dropped to the side, using a shoulder roll to return to his feet. Blaster fire fried where he'd just been.

"Destroyer droids?" His pondering time was cut short by them firing at him. He twirled around, struggling to stay on top of those machines surrounding, attacking him. Some shot each other?some's firing caught themselves. He danced in the sand.

"Qui-Gon, you dratted showoff! Does 'I prefer living' mean anything to you?"

It took a few Force tosses of droids into the houses, but he managed to aim an energy bolt at her cuffs.

She yelped, but caught the lightsaber he threw at her.

Soon two Jedi blades were handling the droids. Back-to-back, they deflected and dodged enemy fire, Force-flinging a number of the droids out of commission.

No sooner had they finished with the droids than did several bounty hunters appear around them, atop the walls.

The two Knights exchanged a glance. "Run," Tahl stated for both of them.

Qui-Gon lagged behind, ensuring his friend's escape. He ducked under one woman's stun prod, leapt out of reach of a man's catch net, and used a broken destroyer droid to shield himself from some alien's weird goo spray.

Someone's tossed razorblade caught him on the wrist. He bit back a cry, locking his knees. The circle closed in.

He sensed Tahl looking for him.

He had [i]not[/i] just rescued her to get them both captured.

When they were nearly on top of him, he Force-jumped high over and far past them, immediately pulling another jump over the gate. Force-spent, he scampered to and hurriedly climbed the wall. He flopped over.

He landed at a woman's booted feet. She hauled him up.

His blue eyes stared at Tahl's green-and-gold striped.

She backhanded him.

"Great job, Qui-Gon[i]er[/i]. While you're at it, why don't you put a sign around your neck saying 'kidnap me'?"

His gaze fell to her hands, which she favored at her sides. He grimaced upon seeing the blisters marring her lovely dark golden-brown skin. "Sorry."

"For what? Rescuing me? You should be. I'd almost found their ringleader." She stalked off.

Qui-Gon sighed.

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    hehhehee enjoyed this just as much on the other thread -- I love how well you've portrayed Tahl. Great job!

3. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    whew! i don't think i'd want to cross Tahl myself...not unless I knew more Jedi moves than I do currently [face_laugh]

great post! :)

4. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thanks! :) I can't believe I forgot to reply?

Layren:

Thanks! :D Tahl's fun to write.

SarkaVrae:

Agreed. ;) Thanks! :D

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehehe how Tahl was that? *snrk* His 'bumbling' attempts for rescuing messed things up once more *snrk* hehehe Loved this! How so protective he can be sometimes to the ones he cares for! [face_love]

6. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thanks, Kynstar! :D

Glad you enjoy it! :)

Thanks, everyone who nominated this! :D

This story has made it to qualifying in [b]Before the Saga: Readers' Choice Canon Interpretation - Female[/b].

Thank you! :D

7. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    That was great except for one small thing: I don't think Tahl would have hit Qui-Gon.

Otherwise it was really good. :)

8. MistiWhitesun

Aug 16, 2004
    Thank you, sidious618! :D

As far as Tahl hitting Qui-Gon, see the first special edition JA?Clee Rhara checks to make sure they aren't scrapping, and I think that somewhere in the series it refers to her having broken his nose when they were younger.

I'm a detail person, so I tend to notice (& use) that stuff. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.