main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Heads-up about a possible future meet (June 2008)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Wildstar02301, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I keep thinking that a gathering at Eddie Andelman's annual "Hot Dog Safari" would be a good idea for a meet, and I heard on "The New Sports Huddle" last night that the 2008 Hot Dog Safari will be at Suffolk Downs on Sunday, June 1. I know it's fairly far off in the future, but should we pencil that in as a meet now and give everyone plenty of lead time to make plans? :)

2. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Sounds terrific!

3. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Is a "Hot Dog Safari" a hot dog eating contest? More info or a link, please.

4. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    There is a hot-dog eating contest at this thing, but it started out more as an all-you-can-eat hot dog fest, growing to include interactive sports exhibits, face painting for the kids, etc. There has always been a live radio broadcast by whatever radio station Eddie Andelman is on, so you may see some sports celebrities chatting it up w/ Eddie, as well. Tickets are usually somewhere in the $15 range for adults, with kids a certain age and under free, and benefits the Joey Fund for Cystic Fibrosis. More information can be found at http://www.hotdogsafari.com

5. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Did they have turkey dogs or veggie dogs there? I saw on the website there was ice cream included in the all-you-can-eat, so that works for me, but it'd be even better if there were non-beef hot dog options. I'm pretty sure I'll still be here then. My graduation is in early June.

6. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    They may, Rosie, but I can't really remember if they did last time (this past June).

7. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Good point, Roseanna!

Having cut beef out of my diet, hot dogs don't sit very well with me anymore either...

8. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Answering Rosie's question, the Hot Dog Safari will have chicken fingers for those wishing to avoid beef and pork products.

9. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Unfortunately it looks like I'll be out of here by the end of May, so I won't be making this one. I do plan on visiting eventually though, once life settles down. :)

10. McLOVIN

McLOVIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 19, 2007
    This sounds like a good time and I have never been to this although I have always been away from Mass the a few times that this has been on.

Hopefully I won't be on vacation myself I will have to check and get back on this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.