main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto HEADS UP FOR TICKETS!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Cristalia, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Some little birdies have told us that tickets may be on sale. So, here's the situation. I'm going to go to the theatre on my lunch tomorrow to verify this, and if they are indeed on sale, snatch up as many as I can carry for our personal use.

If there's a limit, though...

If anyone's willing/able to keep an eye on the forum tomorrow, I'll post the results of our little expedition shorty after 1pm. If necessary, can a ticket-buying force be formed? You'll definitely get your money back on them, and it'll guarantee we all have tickets for the first showing when it comes around.

I'll check in tomorrow, and hopefully it'll go well!

Cris~

2. TomServo

TomServo Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    Oooh! Oooh! Me! I want a ticket! :)

Man, flashbacks to Pizza Pizza.

3. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    Looks into pocket... sees nothing... wonders if he can take out a bank loan to pay for the tickets...

:D

4. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    So...Are tickets being sold?

5. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    If they are being sold I can always pick up some tomorrow.

6. custom_droid

custom_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    so .....um.....what did they say at the paramount? after celebration II, I want to do everything I can to avoid another #@&*^%& line.....I'm gonna try the paramount tuesday during work if I don't hear anythign else before then....I'll post any news I have

7. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    OOh! I must know because I think i am coming down with a case of Wookiee Hookey on May 16 <G>

Sabrina

8. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    *sigh* turns out only SOME theatres are selling tickets now...guess which one is on the list of theatres not selling them until a week prior.

After all that panic, I REALLY want to *krunk*ing kill someone now.

9. Vroomfundle

Vroomfundle Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Holy cow...I've never seen such a vague thread in my life!

Does anyone have any information about when and where the tickets are going on sale?

I mean, I just read this:
    *sigh* turns out only SOME theatres are selling tickets now...guess which one is on the list of theatres not selling them until a week prior.

And I'm thinking:
    a) When you say SOME, do you mean SOME in Toronto? And if so, which ones?

b) Um, I don't know: Which one IS on the list of theatres not selling until a week prior? Where is this list? Are you talking about the Paramount DLP? All Famous Players theatres? All Toronto theatres? All Ontario theatres?

We're all in the dark here so if someone knows info, they should post it instead of writing "I'm going!" for the umpteenth time or rhetorical questions none of us know the answer to.

Sorry if I sound bitchy - It's just frustrating watching these tickets go on sale all over in dribs and drabs.

I called Famous Players about the sale date and they said they "have no idea."

NO IDEA? The movie OPENS in 8 days!

Anyways...hopefully we'll know soon.
    Vroomfundle

10. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    by some I mean that it seems only the theatres that are selling tickets seem to be the ones who know they are selling them.

And by "guess which one isn't" I'm referring to the one we're going to. That being the Sheppard Grande. I was being sarcastic and frustrated.

11. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    SanwichBoy? Sarcastic?
    NAAAAHHHHHH!!!

hehehehe!!

:)

SZ

12. sabre81

sabre81 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2001
    Here's what I learned today. Fox is asking for ridiculous booking contracts with Famous Players and Famous is reluctant to tie up their big auditoriums for any length of time. Famous theatres did incredibly well with Spiderman (#2, 3 and 5 in North America and 20 out of top 25 theatres in Canada) and they feel that Fox needs Famous more than Famous needs Fox.
    But, the fact of the matter is EP2 opens next Thursday, which is part of the next booking schedule. Therefore, there must be a deal struck before the advertising deadlines hit this week. That means we should have a definite answer to the "when do tickets go on sale" question by mid day Tuesday. That's today kids.
    As soon as I know I will post it here and everywhere.

Oh ya, since I'm on a Toronto thread I thought I might add;
    SENATORS RULE, LEAFS DROOL.

13. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Because we acknowledge your assistance to our cause we shall overlook your leaf bashing...

:p

14. One_More_Shadow

One_More_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Well, Dig, we can't really overlook it. We can only promise not to beat him up too badly at the next meeting.

Homer: "Break my legs? But Moe, I use those all the time!"

15. Duker_Duck

Jul 25, 2001
    DOWN WITH PARLIAMENT!!!

Of course let's save this until AFTER the new Star Wars movie.

And if Ottawa has such a good Hockey team why are they so ashamed to keep the Senators in Ottawa? HELLO THE COREL CENTRE'S IN KANATA!

16. VeRmiLLionX

VeRmiLLionX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    No wearing Star Wars shirts to the screenings!

Do not fall to the ....wait...I have lots of SW shirts....crap...

forgive my impatience.

As my favourite Colonial Marine once said "5 metres man, 4...what the hell!?"

17. sabre81

Aug 7, 2001
    Oh, now you're just being crazy with the Kanata remark for as you should well know, Ottawa has gone the same way as Toronto making the whole area one big blob of a city called Ottawa. And, go ahead and bash parliament all you like, cause I'm sure we all feel the same way about our government.

18. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

hmm star wars and hockey...anyone else thinking of an epic icecapade featuring the battle of endor, sort of crazed lunacy: "ewoks on ice?"

no? oh wait thats just what would happen if the blue jays learned to skate ;)

19. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Waitaminute...Ewoks on Ice??? I want front row seats please!

Really! :D

20. Psiberian

Psiberian Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2000
    So...

What I'm getting here is that, NO - The tickets are not yet on sale...right? Oh well, keep us posted.

By the way, does anyone know if it will open at midnight this time? Or will the first show be Thursday morning?

21. Duker_Duck

Jul 25, 2001
    Last I checked... Midnight wednesday was Thursday morning.

And as for Kanat being amalgamated, well at least we don't keep the hockey in the sticks.

22. sabre81

Aug 7, 2001
    Just keep your "sticks" on the ice.

23. custom_droid

custom_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    OK....so i've just come back from the paramount where they assured me that tickets will go on sale one week before opening - thursday...the note inside the door when i went this morning before work said "box office opens 11:30" so I'm personally putting two and two together and planning on being there around 11:30 am on thursday...'course this is the paramout so who knows?

since i've passed on this info anyone who is in front of me when i get there to line up will of course allow me to step to the front of the line right? *G*

hopes this helps those interested in the paramount...

24. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    those in the front of the line will step aside for you, but when you turn you back, we trample you, your new nick name will be custom floor mat...

lelila: " Ewww.... whats this sticky stuff under my feet..."

Tragic:" You really dont want to know"

25. Vroomfundle

Vroomfundle Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    On the main board there is someone from Winnipeg who said that even though movietickets.com had no listing and even though Famous Players had no idea, he went to his local Silver City and bought tickets for AOTC.

If I'd found out 10 minutes earlier I would have hauled over to SS Yonge-Eglinton but now won't have a chance until after work tomorrow.

Is anyone able to go their local theatres and see what's going on???

Vroomfundle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.