main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Healer Jedi Costume- Not Barris Offee

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Hi all, I wished I had found this place sooner. I have been working on a generic Jedi Healer costume for myself and my daughter with limited resources in knowing what one should look like. I decided on doing these costumes after running across a website that listed different classes of Jedi where the Healer class was listed. I had never heard of healer Jedi before (I had not up to that point ever read anything from EU sources). The only thing it said that made them different (at least in appearance) was that they wore Blue as their tunic and cloak colors. I did find some info on Barriss Offee, but I wanted to do something more generic and not based on an established character)

I am doing the undershirt and tunic in light to mid shades of blue. I searched for blue wool to make my cloak and found some very dark navy blue that almost looks black for my cloak and for my daughter?s I am using a royal blue wool, both are fairly lightweight wool.

I have added an Obi in a darker shade of blue than the tunics, for contrast and have chosen black leather for the belt and boots.

Does this sound like something that when people see it, they will know that it is supposed to be healer Jedi garb?

Another thing I am not sure on is whether or not I really need to have Tabards over our tunics or not, what are some of your takes on that issue?

If anyone has any sources of info on what comprises a good generic healer jedi costume, I would be ever so grateful if they would share them here with me, I lost the link to my original source where I first discovered mention of the Healer Jedi.

2. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    I've read lots of fanfic that included Jedi healer. However, there is one sentence in one of the Jedi Apprentice books that describes a Jedi wearing healer blue.

My opinion would be to make it exactly like a "standard" prequel Jedi costume except for the color, which would mean, yes, I think there should be tabards.

Unfortunately, based on my past experience, the only people who will recognize you as a Jedi Healer are some other Star Wars costuming fanatics, like us here. The general con-going public will likely not (as most of them don't recognize my Jocasta Nu costume). The general public will be lucky if they recognize the Jedi costume.

But don't let that deter you. Make the costume you want.

3. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Yes, the EU states that Jedi Healers wear Blue. It doesnt say what shades, but i am assuming a light blue.

Keep in mind, no matter what -- Wool retains heat and will be bad to wear in the summer months. Although it will be perfect for April and May!

And yes, tabbords are a must.

Just my .02

4. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I made a blue Jedi for Jedi Con last year.

It's true most of the "normal" fans don't know anything about Jedi Healers.
    The worst experience I had was a guy who didn't get tired of telling me that my costume has nothing to do with SW at all... Some poeple :p

I'll repost what Obi Anne tld me once: Costuming is all the fun you make of it!
    This Lady is sooo wise! :)

Good luck with your costume! When you like post a pic, I'd love to see your results :)

5. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Hey thanks everyone. I appreciate the input. I will definitely make those Tabbards to go over our tunics.
    As for hot wool, I definitely plan to make us another robe out of a lighter material for those summer month cons when I finish these ones.
    I only hope Indy isn?t too hot in April, though, the inside of the convention center will likely be, given all the bodies that will be walking around there generating heat.
    gaiatha, those Jedi costumes are great, I don?t think mine even compare. But I will still post a pic when I finish the costumes.

6. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Those are VERY well done too.
    I was thinking fo doing a healer too.. Some sources claimdifferant Jedi Orders of the Old Republic had over robes of differant colors showng their world origions.

Coruscant- brown

Alderaan- White(Ehhh get dirty quick wouldn't it? ;-) )

Corelia- Forrest green or black depending on which source.(EU etc.)

Other planets, their colors I forgot. I'll look it up.:-D

7. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Well, I finally finished the healer Jedi costumes, and just in time for CIII!
    Here are different views, with and without the robes on, to give an idea of how they look:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/crgaidheal/healer_jedi_sans_robes1.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/crgaidheal/healer_jedi_sans_robes2.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/crgaidheal/healer_jedi_with_robes1.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/crgaidheal/healer_jedi_with_robes2.jpg]

8. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    Those look so cool! This is the first that I've heard of Jedi healers. I think it's a great idea, and those are gorgeous costumes :D Hope you have fun at C3.

9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Hi again all
    Well, here we were at the Celebration at Celebration III party in our costumes:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/crgaidheal/crg_two_healer_jedi.jpg]

and my daughter next to an imperial walker (boy, how she has grown!):
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/crgaidheal/crg_b_w_AT_AT.jpg]

and me with my wookie boyfriend! (not really, I have no idea who was in the costume, but they let me pose for a pic with them!):
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/crgaidheal/crg_me_w_wookielarger.jpg]

10. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    cool costumes, thought I didn't see you at c3, and I was there all day every day, lol. (my feet hurt so bad after c3) lol

here are my pics http://www.swell-designs.net/pictures/c3/

if you look at picture number 12, you will see the lady at the dark horse comics booth just sitting there picking her nose, lol, that was hilarious

I am in number 5 in costume standing beside amy allen... I have more pictures I just haven't uploaded them all yet, lol.

11. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    that pic (#12) was hilarious davisjaron. We only wore our healer jedi costumes on Saturday, all day though. The rest of the days I wore jeans and some of my numerous Star wars Tees, except for Friday night, when I changed into a skirt and blouse and heels to attend the 501st party

12. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Nice healer costumes, Cliodna. All that way, and I didn't see you there.

13. Ice_Ghost11

Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    Yes, very nice indeed! I like the blues you selected, they all look very good together. ;):)

14. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Thanks peeps.
    Jedi_Kai, I think I saw you in the fan hall one of the days of the con. We met once at Darth_Breezy's when she had a SSWS meeting there a couple of years back, but I wasn't sure it was you so I didn't walk up and say hi. You had on a very nice Jedi costume that day (if it was you), BTW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.