main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Healer Record of Qui-Gon, ( Humor short story) YES IT'S FINALLY UPDATED 1/14 !!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Great job, Layren. I'm just now reading all of this. Whew! I never knew he had it so tough, LOL. Well, it looks like your stories are planned out for the next several years! There has GOT to be a good story for all these scrapes he keeps getting into. Keep it up.

2. DreamOfKenobi

DreamOfKenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2004
    Another brilliant installment!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Ah yes, the fascination with the nose. Well it is a lovely nose, you must admit. Very noble and strong, so it is quite natural that we would be obsessed with it! That was hilarious! Every single word was brilliant! How do you do it?

4. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, the preoccupation with the nose is easily understood. I suffer from it myself.

5. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Broken arm by struggling to pick a fight with the yellow lollipops that were now calling his Master a Sith.

*giggles* Oh, that was wonderful, and I need a good laugh, but I don't know how I missed this earlier! *clasp* poor Qui, I'll save him. ;) Put you guys together, double the insanity. Me love! Awesome work!

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Jess and I are absolutely astonished --- Healer Record has made it to the finals for Reader's Choice Humor!

A huge THANK YOU!!! is in order for those of us who have nominated us!! [:D]
    [:D] [:D][:D]

We sincerely appreciate it!

Now here comes the tough part --excerpts! If you guys have suggestions, please let us know!

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked this one the best - starting with Age 13: Had a surprisingly good year considering the teen hormones that were running rampant. Only came to my office once and it was for counseling. Apparently the poor lad had nightmares about his Master being a Sith. Consoled him that it wasn't a premonition or anything to do with him and sent him back to sleep. Poor thing.

Or the very first one where Yoda keeps tripping him.

Funny stuff!

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    This is the very first before the saga fic I've ever read.

Apparently I picked an awesome one...

That was kriffin' hilarious! Oh, poor Qui-Gonn-or Qui-Pain! Oh, I don't know who to feel sorrier for, Qui-Gon and Dooku or the healers! Poor healers.

9. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    This is great! I sorta feel sorry for Qui-Gon, but I feel even sorrier for the healers!

10. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Diane Thanks! I was pretty proud of that one. I figured Quiggs wouldn't be immune to teen angst :p Thanks for reading!

Striker See I told you Before the Saga wasn't bad! I'm glad you liked it!

ca_tron It's the Healer's you should feel sorry for! :p Thanks for reading!

Sorry the new post took so long everyone -- I've been really busy with the awards and Jess and I haven't had much time to write -- but here it is!

Age 18: It seems Master Yoda hasn't relented in his habits while I've been away. Broken toes.
    Age 18: Some kind of fight with a gang on the lower levels of Coruscant. Vibroblade wound in the side ? had to miss the Mid-Winter Festival this year.
    Age 18: Bomb explosion close to his location while on a mission. Picked glass out of his back and then dunked him in bacta.
    Age 18: Back wounds getting infected. Prescribe new medication and it actually worked the first time. A new record.
    Age 18: Tried to save another pathetic life form. Scratched face and bruised back.
    Age 19: Knighted. Went to a bar to celebrate with Knight Josel. Got hit by a speeder on the way out. Broken leg, ribs and two toes. Why do I have the feeling the rest of his career is going to be like this?
    Age 19: The flu -- something simple, for once.
    Age 19: Or maybe not. Swapped it to Knight Josel.
    Age 19: Flu again. Knight Josel decided he didn?t want it and gave it back to Qui-Gon to get away from Willow?s clutches. Can?t say that I blame him too much for that. I would have given Qui-Pain Jinn something worse than the flu ? only joking of course.
    Age 19: Allergic reaction to the medication. Figures as much.
    Age 19: Flu worsened. Things can't be easy can they?
    Age 20: Apparently not. Celebrated his naming day in my ward. Felt some pity for the boy.
    Age 20: Chicken pox. Amazingly enough one thing he never had when he was younger. Why oh why do these things happen to me? Prescribe anti-itch medicine for Knight Jinn.
    Age 20: Gave Master Dooku chicken pox. Like Master, like padawan. Why oh why am I assigned to this pair? I hope these two don't contaminate anyone else.
    Age 20: Gave chicken pox to Tahl Wildstar. Apparently she sneaked into visit them. Blast, this is not good. Isolated her with them and gave more anti-itch medicine to everyone.
    Age 20: Chicken pox finally gone. Given a new mission his first day out. Good riddance I hope I don?t see him for awhile.
    Age 20: Of course things don?t work out the way I want. Broken elbow, tripping over Master Yoda when he arrived back at the Temple. Why me?
    Age 21: Is it too late for me to go back on sabbatical? Concussion and broken nose from running into a glass door.

11. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Very funny. I liked the tie-in to the broken nose challenge with the glass door. Great job. I just find this so amusing - the man is a walking, trouble-magnet.

12. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL about the Knighting comment and the rest of his career. Poor Yoda should end up in the healer's ward for how many people trip over him.

13. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Age 21: Is it too late for me to go back on sabbatical? Concussion and broken nose from running into a glass door.

Lol, poor Qui-Gon... it's not his fault... glass doors are very easy to run into...

[face_laughing] Hehe, cute story so far, Layren!

:Targeter:

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Oh, man!

I've got three posts for my own fics that I've got to get ready...

But man, this is kriffin' hilarious!

He's a Knight now? Oh, man. Wait until Ob-Wan...

15. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    [face_laugh]

Hilarious! Especially the glass door and broken nose.
    Yep. Wait until Obi-Wan... :D

16. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh moving on up in the years but still being 'visited' by Yoda! *snrk* hehehehe the 'yearly' ritual still continues on hehehehe! Great job :D

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    *Walks in and kicks up*

18. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    thanks for the bump, Jon--i didnt even know this was updated recently!! (bad, bad CR!!) :p

i echo the common sentiment....can't wait to see what poor Han'yei thinks of Obi...lol!! but wait! we've got 2 padawans before him! :eek:

oh! this is going to be good! :D

19. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    This is one of the funniest and most original stories out there! I love every single post. Every one of them!

Age 19: Flu worsened. Things can't be easy can they?
    Age 20: Apparently not. Celebrated his naming day in my ward. Felt some pity for the boy.

Awwww, I felt so bad for Qui-Gon, too! :)

Another hilarious installment!

20. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Oh, I missed the last post, but I still love this. I liked the fork-incident best and that Dooku is just as grumpy about visiting the healers as Qui-Gon is. I'm really looking forward to the time when he takes his first Padawan. :D This is still extremely funny and it always makes me laugh even before I read it when I see that there's been an update. :)

21. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I seem to share Qui-Gon's prone to illness and injury, so I can relate! This is hilarious! Much more fun than when it's me! :D

22. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    This is absolutely one of the funniest things I have read yet

23. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    Poor Master Healer!

24. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Age 19: Knighted. Went to a bar to celebrate with Knight Josel. Got hit by a speeder on the way out. Broken leg, ribs and two toes. Why do I have the feeling the rest of his career is going to be like this?

It's probably the most important day of his life until then, and something just has to happen! ;)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. AthenaLeigh

AthenaLeigh Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 3, 2004
    Lol, good one, you guys. Particularly the last entry. Concussion, oh dear, poor thing, lol. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.