main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Healing Hearts: OC with Yoda, drama, angst Updated 9/6 Completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediKaren, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    I want to thank everyone for the nomination. I never expected it and it's a true honor!

I will have the last chapter up in a few days.

2. Sabriel_Orion

Sabriel_Orion Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2008
    Hey! I'm really sorry I haven't been on here in forever to read the story... I lost my internet for 6 months, so I wasn't able to. :(

Excellent job on the story so far, and I can't wait for the last chapter!!! *hugs*

3. JediKaren

Apr 26, 2007
    Sorry all for taking so long. I didn't want to end it! lol. anyway I finally wrote it up. This is the last chapter, but there will be an epilogue and one more little surprise. But enjoy:

Ch 21

Sarafire was finally happy. Her world was going right. Her master was everything she wanted and needed, unlike Master Yoda who was everything she needed and didn?t want. She no longer had to endure some of the worse classes, but those she liked and her master insisted upon, mainly being math. She was allowed and encouraged to explore her new found writing skills, as well as other programs that attracted her attention. There was never such a time she had more freedom to do as she pleased without worrying what others would think and do.

She grew as a person. She calmed down, cheered up, and lightened up. She began to like meditation, at least, with her master. They would sit by the big pond that all Jedi knew and love, breathing in the clean, refreshing air. They would sit and breathe for some time before one of them did something amusing and laughter would end the meditation. And if one had been watching them, they would see the master chasing the padawan up a tree. No one frowned at the immature behavior of both parties. Everyone was happy to see Sarafire healthy and social.

While the two of them played, they also learned. Her master gave her private tutoring in advanced math, enjoying how fast and easily his padawan could grasp the abstract ideas of numbers. He had so few students with the mind of hers. She loved how math did not act like a Jedi, but was still so clean and crisp. And all her teachers noticed the on going upward trend of her grades and mood. It seemed that they were witnessing a miracle.

She would have been more than happy to give up skills like lightsaber combat and telekinesis, but her master explained to her that the council strongly felt that all Jedi should be able to have some idea of how to defend themselves successfully and be able to lift something with reasonable control. So she pouted, frowned, and struggled through those boring and painful lessons. It marginally helped that these weakness were shared by her master, who gave her tips on how to make the struggle less.

It took some time, but she finally opened up and showed her master the garden. She was shy about showing the peaceful spot to anyone. She was protective of it and afraid that if someone found it, they would ruin all her hard work. Two months went by and finally she decided she could trust her master not to laugh or stomp on the precious flowers and plants.

She had nothing to fear. Her master smiled at first and then had a look of awe at her well attended beds of pinks, blues, yellows, purples, and every other color of the earth. He knelt down and every so gently touched a nearby petal. He removed his hand so carefully and so tenderly that Sarafire wondered if he thought the plant was made out of glass. He slowly stood up and thanked her for showing this beautiful garden and told her to keep up her work here, even if she had to miss a lesson. She blushed and said she hope she would not have to. The teachers were not so understanding as her master when it came to being late.

It was the fourth month of her apprenticeship when her last test came. She was walking around, eating some candy her master had given her for the last perfect math test. She was calm and obviously happy, enjoying her surroundings. There was no logic to her path. She was letting the Force take her where it wanted. She took another bite of some sticky piece when she heard some distant sobbing. She stopped in mid-step and bite and listened to the sobs. Her ears pinpointed the cries of a girl a room away.

Sarafire swallowed the candy, licked her fingers, and went for the source of the cries. What she found was something she never could have dreamed of.

Behind the door was a sobbing Partin. Tears poured from her red eyes, streaming down her wet face. Her mouth was twisted in utter internal pain. The Force swirled wildly arou

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice new chapter. Great interaction between Sarafire and Partin=D==D=

5. SJ_More

SJ_More Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Wow, that was an amazing ending! :) I liked the words exchanged from Partin and Sarafire. And I definitely agree that we are all part of universe, all working and coming together for the bigger picture! [:D] I do like how Yoda just appeared too, Cancel class I did. he's just so interesting like that. Well I await your epilogue and surprise with ever-growing anticipation!
    @};- S. J. More

6. JediKaren

Apr 26, 2007
    Epilog

Sarafire grew into a tall, skinny, and most charming lady of a Jedi. She was often commented for her graceful looks and her kind manners. She was not the strongest or the smartest of the Jedi, but she did stand out for her compassion.

She kept the garden going until she took a padawan, a troubled youth who was as stubborn as she was. Her master worked on her faults, while Master Yoda still severed as a counselor for her, sometimes forcing out some emotions she tried to hide. Although she never did get rid of the panicky, unpredictable tendency of her actions and thoughts, she became an acceptable and sometimes admired Jedi.

She also kept on the new type of training she had been put through. She had spotted the young boy in one of her classes, showing the exact same signs as she did at that age. She then told Master Yoda of the boy and the training begun. The boy was guided by both Grand Master and Sarafire on the path of inner peace and happiness. He was started on the garden, given a new patch in a different corner of the room, and spent the rest of his teen years working on making the flowers bloom and the air rich with life.

Partin was a different story. She was sent to the farmers on a distant planet. It was obvious she was no farmer, so the organization sent her to another department. The next group of people found her too restless and anger so she was sent again to another planet and to a school for angry teenagers. There she did settle down after meeting a boy her age. She fell in love with the boy and two settled down to a comfortable life. She never forgot the Jedi and could never quite. She gave birth to a single child, a boy. The child was Force sensitive, but Partin would not give up her baby. The Jedi sent a team to her, but she slammed the door on her. Her husband never said a word about the subject.

After Sarafire died, the garden was kept up by various Jedi. Although Yoda sent emotional children and teens to the garden, it became a safe place for everyone. The Jedi who had been through incredible trauma and lost were sent there to meditate. The healers sent those who could not deal with the nightmares of the horrible galactic war to the garden as much and as long as possible before declaring them fit for action again. It was said that when the Clone troops invaded the temple a hundred years after Sarafire was made a padawan, they too were struck by the peace of the calming room. The first troop entered the room, stopped in awe and refuse to move. He then stopped his fellow men from tearing it up and only after being ordered, did he walk away to allow the flames engulf the forest of life. Light years away a wookie reported years later that Master Yoda muttered the words ?the garden? and shed a tear.

Sarafire may have not stood out in the way the grander, powerful Jedi did, but history did not completely forget her and her struggles. In the archives, under Sarafire, the entry said:

Born on an unknown planet. Her family was no recorded. She came to the temple at the age of three. Her mid chloride count was lower than average. Close to the end of her classes as a student, she was taken out by Master Yoda for special sessions. This kind of training is only for students who have been through intense emotion upheave and usual methods of counseling do not work. The two Jedi created a new kind of theory, gardening with the Force, were the student learns the value of life as the teacher shows the studen how to attend a small garden. When the student can demonstrate the lessons in separate environments, the student is ready to become a padawan and rejoin the Jedi. This is a very personal kind of healing that only a truly caring master should enter with the student.

Sarafire trained three students, all much like her and all turned out to be great, note worthy Jedi. The garden can be found on the fifty seventh floor in the east wing.

FAQ

Why did you write this story?
    This story came from a very sad event. I decided to write this story a month after my mother

7. SJ_More

SJ_More Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    Wow. That was a really good ending, I liked how you summed everything up.
    The FAQ section was interesting too! A fantastic ending to a fantastic story! Congrats! =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Alasse_Earfalas

Alasse_Earfalas Jedi Master star 2

Mar 6, 2008
    YYAAAYYY!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

I loved this story!!! It's honestly my favorite SW fanfic EVER! It's so full of emotion & wisdom & just, just... AWESOMENESS!!!! :D

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

9. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    wow, I missed the last parts. shame on me. :(

great ending though.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great epilogue and the FACTs add greatly to your story.

Congrats on finishing this=D==D==D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.