main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Healing Hearts (The Force Evolution Series, Post-DW AU, J/J) - Author Replies 12/6/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Title: Healing Hearts
    Author: T?Keira Lea
    Timeframe: Post-Destiny?s Way AU
    Characters: Jagged Fel, Jaina Solo, Kyp Durron, Zekk, Keira Fel, Jacen Solo, Tahiri Veila Fel, Rane Fel, Fee Carolé, Valin Horn, Kyta Kale, Briaun Fel, Han Solo, Leia Organa Solo, Soontir Fel, Syal Antilles, Luke Skywalker, Mara Jade Skywalker, Ben Skywalker, Liadan Skywalker, Wedge Antilles, Tycho Celchu, Kell Tainer, Tyria Tainer, Jellica J?am?in, Tanner Kale
    Genre: Alternate Universe
    Keywords: Jaina, Jag, Force Evolution
    Notes: Updated on Fridays
    Summary: Can love heal the very heart it has broken?

[image=http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a223/jainajagindex/By%20BigFatty/jji3.gif]

Disclaimer: Lucasfilm owns all the rights to Star Wars. I don?t. No infringement is intended or profit to be made by me.

Healing Hearts - love has no greater power than to heal a wounded heart

Welcome to the third installment in the Force Evolution Trilogy. Healing Hearts is the stunning conclusion to Echoes of the Past and Legacy.

If you are new to my writing, this novel completes the trilogy started with my award-winning Echoes of the Past and Legacy. If you are curious, but are not sure if you want to invest the time try either Dreams of the Future or All Angles, a series of vignettes based on these characters as I have developed them. If you would prefer to dive in, I have posted short summaries of the two previous novels.

I will initially post on Fridays , plus occasional bonus posts. My intention is to post twice a week once I have killed a few plot bunnies the Wraiths have infected me with. (And yes, Scoundrel, I am going to continue to blame you guys :p ) There is a tendency to run a couple pages between posts in my stories so I will put links from one post to the next in order to make it easier to read. As always, if you want the Word file emailed to you so you can catch up, please PM me. All my readers know that I am more than willing to accommodate vacations and send the next chapter out early by PM, provided you keep the contents a secret, and I am always open to plot suggestions, questions, and I-just-have-to-know-what-happens PMs. Send them my way.

If you?re wondering about all these people with callsigns, the Wraiths are a scheming bunch of fans. They appear wild (some possibly even crazed, dazed and demented), but they don't bite. In addition, we have the Lomin Ale Cantina, where the fans hang out, find teasers, shamelessly plug their stories, scheme and do all those things that can get them slapped on the wrist by a moderator over at TFN. Everyone is welcome. Inside the Cantina you will find Jaina/Jag pictures, fan art and cover art posted as well as numerous polls and threads on various subjects from Star Wars to Alias.

Again, thanks ahead of time to Darth_Lex for betaing this massive epic and to my many fans whose enthusiasm has kept the candle burning. I?d suggest you take out a towel, plop down on the banks of DeNile and cross fingers with the rest of the fanatics who believe with all their hearts that somehow I will make things right.

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/beechgq/HH-Cover.jpg]
    (cover art courtesy of Lt_Jaina_Solo)

Without further ado...

2. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    The Fox Logo appears and fades. The Lucasfilm Logo appears and fades. The haunting melody of ?Princess Leia?s Theme? begins as a series of images appears simultaneously with spoken words.

Announcer (voiceover): This summer, the producers of the Force Evolution series ?
    Kyp Durron stalks across a bustling hangar and steps in front of Valin Horn. Neither man is happy to see the other.

Announcer (voiceover): ? give you the final installment in their award-winning trilogy.
    Jacen Solo sprints across an open courtyard, with most of Twin Suns following. Bystanders leap out of their way.

Announcer (voiceover): Join us as we take you back to Naboo ?
    Twelve clawcraft descend over a blue and white sphere, then dive into the atmosphere.

Announcer (voiceover): ? for a journey of discovery that finally reveals ?
    A dark haired woman slips into a crowd, winding among the mass of people. Right before she can escape into an alley a hand grabs her shoulder. A blaster in hand, she turns. Kyta shoots.

Announcer (voiceover): ? the one truth not even fate can deny.
    Jaina picks up Keira and kisses the top of her head.

The music transitions seamlessly to the tragic tones of ?Padmé?s Ruminations,? now without spoken words.

Jacen walks away from Fee and punches a padded wall, then buries his face in his hands. Fee walks over and puts a hand on his shoulder.

Tahiri lies in a bed, holding a child in her arms. Rane crosses the room and sits next to them.

A woman leans forward in the shadows to dampen a cloth in a small washbasin. Moonlight reflects off her violet eyes.

The music shifts abruptly to the driving beat of ?Battle of the Heroes.?

Kyp Durron (voiceover): Don?t you trust me?
    Jaina hangs from a ledge, stretching for Keira, who is just beyond her reach. Suddenly Keira falls and Jaina releases her hold on the ledge.

Tahiri Fel (voiceover): They can?t take you from me now!
    Inside a clawcraft cockpit, Rane frantically checks over his shoulder as laser fire rips past his canopy.

Jaina Solo-Fel (voiceover): I never knew.
    In the pouring rain, at dusk, the outline of a man and a woman stands at the rim of a waterfall. The woman pulls the man to her.

Fee Carolé (voiceover): You deserve to die.
    In a raging windstorm, Jacen whips his lightsaber, deflecting bolt after bolt.

Kyp Durron (voiceover): You have to, Jaina. No one else can.
    The Amidala?s Legacy spins through an asteroid field, taking a direct hit on the starboard wing.

Zekk (voiceover): At long last, you?re mine.
    Jaina runs down a narrow hallway, then skids to a halt after rounding a corner. Her eyes widen in shock and she falls backwards, scrambling frantically away.

Jaina Solo-Fel (voiceover): It should have been me.
    Zekk and Kyp hurl Force energy at each other until they are both repelled in opposite directions from a violent blast.

The music flows into the melodic tones of ?Across the Stars.?

Announcer (voiceover): There was once a love echoing past loves?
    Jag stands before Jaina, who is dressed in a formal white dress. Behind them stretches an endless sea shimmering in the moonlight.

Announcer (voiceover): ?meant to be a legacy for the future.
    Jag is propped against a tree in a meadow, while Jaina lies with her head in his lap. They look into each other?s eyes and smile as a dark-haired child dances past.

Announcer (voiceover): Darkness ended it all too quickly.
    A tall figure hooded in a billowing black cloak strides purposefully into an enclosed power generation facility. The light from snapping arms of electricity barely catches the face beneath the cowl ? Zekk?s.

Announcer (voiceover): But some loves transcend even death.
    A planet appears in the vastness of space. As its sun rises behind it, the field of asteroids surrounding the planet is lit by the powerful

3. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Force Evolution Series Summary

Timeline*

28.07 Echoes of the Past begins
    28.08 Peace Brigade plot; Jaina Solo marries Jagged Fel
    28.08 Battle of Bimmisaari
    29.04 Battle of Naboo; Yuuzhan Vong war ends
    29.05 Keira Winter Fel is born on Csilla
    29.08 Legacy begins
    31.08 Twin Suns infiltrates the Circle of Retribution at Fondor
    31.09 Jedi Praxeum destroyed on Naboo, Fondor Four explodes
    32.04 Senate Investigative Hearings on the Fondor Incident
    32.05 Zekk strikes on Naboo; Synjon Chak Fel is born and dies
    34.05 Healing Hearts begins

Echoes of the Past

Shortly after the Battle of Ebaq, Twin Suns Squadron is ambushed by the Yuuzhan Vong. Jaina crashes on an uncharted planet and encounters a spirit from her past. The planet is Naboo; the spirit is Padmé Amidala. After her rescue by Jag, Jaina returns to Mon Calamari to share the news of her grandmother with her family.

When the Yuuzhan Vong declare a holy war on the Trickster, Kyp assumes the role of Jaina?s personal protector and joins Twin Suns. He knows his love for Jaina will never be reciprocated. Zekk, on the other hand, has returned to Jaina?s life seeking to restart their relationship. Her rebuff of his advances is not received well. After almost losing Jaina to a Peace Brigade plot, Jag asks Jaina to marry him and she accepts. They immediately wed in secret, then depart for one of the biggest battles of the war.

During the Battle of Bimmisaari Jaina rescues Jag?s brother Rane from his crashed fighter and crosses paths with Nom Anor. The Yuuzhan Vong instigator injects Jaina with a bioweapon before he escapes. The toxin renders her birth control useless and she becomes pregnant. The pregnancy turns out to be a blessing because the unborn child can detect the Yuuzhan Vong disease. For this reason alone the Jedi healer Cilghal is able to recognize Jaina?s illness early enough and slow the pace of its debilitating effects.

Meanwhile, Jag returns from Chiss space with a new fleet of clawcraft. Zekk launches a surprise attack on his former flame?s husband. After a brief space battle, Jag shoots down Zekk?s snubfighter, sending him plummeting to his death.

Learning from her baby?s ability to detect the Yuuzhan Vong, Jaina helps lead the Galactic Alliance in its boldest move against their enemy: luring the Supreme Overlord into a direct attack on Naboo. With the help of Jacen, Kyp, and her new apprentice, Valin Horn, she defeats Shimrra in personal combat. The war ends, yet Jaina may have paid the ultimate price.

Overcome by the bioweapon, Jaina collapses. Fearing he will lose his wife and child, Jag flees with Jaina to Csilla. He hopes that between Jacen, Danni, and the Chiss scientists who created Alpha Red, a cure can be developed in time. With Jaina hovering between life and death, Jag agrees to treat her with an untested drug. It works, and Jaina recovers to deliver a baby girl, Keira Winter Fel.

At the end of the story, Jaina and Jag learn that the experimental treatment had an unexpected side effect. Their daughter will live the rest of her life in darkness; Keira is blind.

Legacy

On their one year anniversary, Jag decides that it is time to return to the Galactic Alliance. Unexpectedly, the entire Fel family accompanies them, leaving their life among the Chiss behind. Shortly after they arrive on Naboo, however, the Alliance is rocked by galaxy-wide attacks from a group called the Circle of Retribution.

A lone girl, similar in appearance to Jaina, is found among the wreckage of one of the attacks. Kyta bears a message from Zekk ? he is alive and part of the Circle. The delivery of the message marks Jaina?s right hand with a scar signifying Zekk?s dark obsession. Knowing the Alliance needs all the help it can get in fighting the Circle, Jaina revives

4. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    DRAMATIS PERSONAE

The Solo-Fel Family

Jaina Solo-Fel, expatriate (female human from Coruscant)
    Jagged Fel, deceased (male human from Corellia)
    Keira Winter Fel, child (female human from Naboo)
    Synjon Chak Fel, deceased child (male human from Naboo)
    Kyta Kale, expatriate (female human from Corellia)
    Trick, astromech droid, Amidala?s Legacy

Leia Organa Solo, Governor of Naboo (female human from Alderaan)
    Han Solo, captain, Millenium Falcon (male human from Corellia)
    Jacen Solo, Jedi Master, Twin Suns Leader (male human from Coruscant)

Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master (male human from Tatooine)
    Mara Jade Skywalker, Jedi Master (female human from Coruscant)
    Ben Skywalker, child (male human from Naboo)
    Liadan Skywalker, child (female human from Naboo)

Soontir Fel, General, CEDF liaison to Galactic Alliance (male human from Corellia)
    Syal Antilles Fel, holostar and co-founder of Glacier Productions (female human from Corellia)
    Rane Fel, Lieutenant Colonel, Spike Squadron Leader (male human from Csilla)
    Briaun Fel, Ensign, Naboo Defense Force (female human from Csilla)
    Tahiri Veila Fel, Jedi Knight (female human from Tatooine)

The Galactic Alliance

Wedge Antilles, former General, Starfighter Command (male human from Corellia)
    Iella Antilles, Director, Galactic Alliance Intelligence, Twin Suns Advisory Council (female human from Corellia)
    Syal Antilles, child (female human from Corellia)
    Myri Antilles, child (female human from Corellia)
    Bi, astromech droid, Dozen Lead
    Tycho Celchu, General, Naboo Defense Force, Twin Suns Advisory Council (male human from Alderaan)
    Kyp Durron, Jedi Master, Dozen Leader (male human from Carida)
    Kirt Fongren, Colonel, Rogue Leader (male human from Adumar)
    Drue Glentaw, Executive Officer, The Dozen (female human from Thyferra)
    Corran Horn, Jedi Master, Jedi Intelligence, Twin Suns Advisory Council (male human from Corellia)
    Jysella Horn, Jedi apprentice (female human from Corellia)
    Itop Lawaad, Master Shaper, Praxeum (male Yuuzhan Vong)
    Face Loran, holostar and co-founder of Glacier Productions, Twin Suns Advisory Council (male human from Pantolomin)
    Cal Omas, Chief of State (male human from Alderaan)
    Adelae Redalia, Senator (human female from Datooine)
    Fyor Rodan, Senator (male human from Coruscant)
    Stren Trajs, Senator, Twin Suns Advisory Council (male Bothan from Bothawui)

Twin Suns Squadron

Two: Fee Carolé, Major, Jedi apprentice (female human from Coruscant)
    Three: Wakyr, Major (male Wookiee from Kashyyyk)
    Four: Jennalyn Sollar, Major, Jedi Healer (female Bothan from Bothawui)
    Five: Kell Tainer, Colonel (male human from Sluis Van)
    Six: Xivin Mrac, Major, (male Falleen from Falleen)
    Seven: Dale Winsten, Major, Jedi Knight (male human from Kuat)
    Eight: Doran Sarkin-Tainer, Jedi Knight(male human from Naboo)
    Nine: Valin Horn, Jedi Knight, (male human from Corellia)
    Ten: Brance Wartrue, Lieutenant Colonel (male human from Bakura)
    Eleven: Tanner Kale, Colonel (male human from Corellia)
    Twelve: Alema Rar, Major, Jedi Knight (female Twi?lek from Ryloth)

Tyria Tainer, Lieutenant Colonel, Jedi Liaison and training officer (female human from Toprawa)

The Circle of Retribution

Zekk, Dark Jedi (male human from Ennth)
    Anjel, Dark Jedi (female human)

The Resistance

Chanson Prask, leader (male human from Trajor Prime)
    Hansel Windrider, second in command, (female human from Fondor)
    Ordin Greymoon, former Chief Scientist for Fondor Shipyards Galactic, (male human from Fondor)
    Faloh Rolan, affiliate (female Falleen)
    Brys Towdais, affiliate, empath (male humanoid from Teyr)

5. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Love echoes from the past, resounds as a legacy to the future, and ultimately heals the wounded hearts.

HEALING HEARTS

Prologue

A long time ago. In a galaxy far, far away?

Shielded and protected, hidden in blinding darkness, is the center of a tempest, a storm of unending reserves. Ferocious power drives the winds and fuels the heavens. Eclipsed from the light but surrounded by white, there is only one possibility ? a blizzard.

This is the life of a lone entity. One among billions, maybe trillions, maybe countless. One at a time, on random and varied trajectories, they fall. Plummeting until the eventual crash. Some on rock, some on others that have fallen before; more still return to the place that bore them. This is the life of a solitary snowflake.

Unique but the same, each snowflake is destined for a monumental task. It falls, a white crystalline sculpture of rare beauty. Light reflects through it, from it, and around it, but often this magnificent display is lost among the reflection of the others, lost in an overload of colors that always blends into white.

Unseen, the snowflake falls until it can fall no more, no longer an exquisite artifact dancing in the currents but now a menace to its own kind. The flake piles on top of the others, its brethren condemned to the same fate. Eventually they are no longer flakes, only that thing called snow, and all sense of self is lost.

The debts for its life yet unpaid, the journey of the snowflake does not end there. No, its servitude to the cycle of creation has only just begun. One flake after another amasses, growing higher and higher, snow reaching for the skies. With each successive layer, the individual flake loses a little more. Slowly, the weight from above, the pressure to reach the top, strips away one crystalline branch, then another and another. Eventually all that is left is the central core of its existence. It is no longer a heavenly snowflake or even snow; it is merely part of the ice.

Still an obligation is owed. The force from above becomes so intense that even the seed of the flake?s life begins to compress and wither under the strain. The pressure is unimaginable, unquantifiable; yet it exists and is relentless. It compels a change once more, squeezing the last breath of air from the ice, stripping the purity of white, changing the basic composition.

Now the snowflake truly is no more, not snow or ice, simply part of a bigger reality. A power with so much mass and momentum it cannot be stopped. It is blue and behemoth; it is a glacier. So it comes to pass that something that was once breathtaking and beautiful transforms into an engine of nature, the tool by which time changes all things.

Slipping, sliding down slopes at incalculable speeds, eternally fast but unerringly slow, the glacier carves the rock. It defeats the rock. So the rock becomes changed, too. And at the point when the rock believes itself defeated, nature rights the course. The smothered snowflakes finally touch the earth, and find there warmth and life. This is where the glacier meets its end, at life?s first breath. Crumbling back into the river, fed back to the sea, to the place where it all started.

Here the snowflake waits, immersed in the cold darkness, to be born again. For at every end there is a beginning.

TKL/dl

So I?ll let you chew on that for a week. The answers are all there, my dear friends.

Chapter One

6. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    First reply! :D

So it begins... =D= [face_dancing] =D=

Great teaser. :cool: There's just so much there. It's going to take me hours to see if I can piece together all the clues. And even then I'll probably be way off. :p ;)

Interesting DP, too. [face_thinking]

Can love heal the very heart it has broken?

Love has no greater power than to heal a wounded heart.

Love echoes from the past, resounds as a legacy to the future, and ultimately heals the wounded hearts.

@};- What powerful themes. Can't wait to see how they play out.

Here the snowflake waits, immersed in the cold darkness, to be born again. For at every end there is a beginning.
    Amazing. :D The whole Prologue was marvelous. So lyrical and poignant. Great echo of Stover, too. ;) This was my favorite part, though. Just for everything it represents. [:D]

7. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    2nd post

I could've beat Lex, but I thought I'd be nice.

Anyway:

Where's the "lies" emoticon when you need it?

You have stunned me again, my dear. Even in a prologue that if I had read without knowing the context, I still would have thought it beautiful. I'll never look at snowflakes the same again.

I have my own theory in the works as to what that all means. But from the above, I'm sure you can guess it has a certian bias. Can't wait to read more and talk speculation and all of that.

8. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great job! I love the imagery!

9. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Oh my goodness, it's here!

[face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

[:D][:D][:D]

=D==D=

:D

*scampers back to actually read it*

10. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    *claps* =D=
    *Dances*

[face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing][face_dancing]

So did I read that right...all the answers are held within that one post? :D I hope so. Because wow, that was such a moving post...I mean you have no idea. It was like EPIC... I was moved to an epiphany. *shivers* I got chills!

Anyways, I am sooooo looking forward tomorrow. Tomorrow shall prove itself a great day. I have my first solo flight tomorrow (wish me luck ^_^), Healing Hearts starts, AND new episodes of Battlestar Galactica. I honestly don't think I could wish for a nicer day. :D [face_blush]

and now hugs for TKL and DL. I've missed you guys. :D
    [:D][:D][:D]

Cya tomorrow!
    -Lee Ann/ CG

11. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Yeah, I'm thinking that somewhere I missed a few posts or something... time and many other obligations tore me away from the boards and ultimately your stories, so I'm terribly behind. Didn't even know you killed off Jag, or did you? So I'm humbly begging pardon and wondering if there's any way to get copies of the previous two (even though I read the first- just a refresher read if you will) without the tedious chatter inbetween posts (not that it's not entertaining) that would be super wicked.

12. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    *shriek of joy*

Preface!

Hmm.... looks pretty thick in symbolism here...

Good thing I'm taking a good college English course that taught me how to interpret all that sneaky symbolism. So. Jag = snowflake . Jag = reborn...? Jag = ALIVE!

Here the snowflake waits, immersed in the cold darkness, to be born again. For at every end there is a beginning. Beautiful. I like thinking of Jag as a snowflake whose end is only the beginning ... of a long and happy life ...

But I liked how you threw in "deceased" as Jag's specification into the dramatis personae. And Synjon, as well? [face_thinking] One can only hope that that's not to clarify references to the lost Fel son, but rather to ... his rebirth, as well.

Hm. So I never saw the movie "Birth" but I just got hit by an idea. So Tahiri has a baby. And Jag's being reborn... but you wouldn't steal that twisted plotline from that movie... you're a much better author than that ...

Which means, in conclusion, I don't know anything and am speculating wildly due to sunburn recieved whie on De Nile. But, I do know that your prologue was an eyebrow-raiser. That's the veiled storyline of HH, eh? [face_thinking] [face_thinking]

Nice recap from the previous stories, too.

I just can't get over how HH is here! We've all waited so long! =D=

[:D] Welcome home, Commander - I'm absolutely dying for the rest of the story! (And yes, I know, patience = virtue :p )

@};-

*thoroughly thrilled*

*busts out the champagne and Lomin Ales*

~Squishy

13. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Sheesh. A girl logs off for a couple of hours and THEN you decide to post:p

Back with a review later:D

Back Now!

Excellent Start!!!

I think it goes without saying that I'm SOOOOOOOO Excited about this story. The prologue was absolutely beautiful and thanks so much for the trailer:D

I was very intrigued by the Dramatis Personae. Not only the Jag thing (but you already know my views on that) but on the use of the term "Expatriate" when referring to Jaina and others.

I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us!

14. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Welcome back, Legacy series.

I found a typo in the dramatis personae. You see it says deceased after Jagged Fel. And we all know it should say 'presumed deceased' or 'deceased without physical remains indicating so' or 'deceased for legal purposes.' You know.

Looking forward to reading.

15. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    * wakes up * A post... * falls down back to bed *

EDIT: I think I got an idea from the prologue but I won't bother with getting into philosophy about it. Why to spoiling the fun that will come? :)

16. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Annnticipaaaation!!! :D

Sweet start. [face_peace]

Slicer

17. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    *squeals in delight*

It's Heeeere! [face_dancing] :D [face_dancing] :D [face_dancing]

*rushes up to tackle Commander in a crushing bear hug, but pulls up just short and settles for a gentle squeeze* [:D]

The prologue is just too gorgeous for words! Wow.

Great post, as always! :D

18. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I went to bed too early last night!!! :eek:

My intention is to post twice a week once I have killed a few plot bunnies the Wraiths have infected me with. (And yes, Scoundrel, I am going to continue to blame you guys)
    the Wraiths are a scheming bunch of fans. They appear wild (some possibly even crazed, dazed and demented), but they don't bite

So it's all our fault? [face_batting] We may not bite but apparently our plot bunnies do! [face_devil]

I LOVE the trailer! [face_love] Which is even more impressive since two of my favorite characters hardly make it in there :p

So I?ll let you chew on that for a week. The answers are all there, my dear friends.

*digs out microscope*[face_hypnotized]

I found a typo in the dramatis personae. You see it says deceased after Jagged Fel. And we all know it should say 'presumed deceased' or 'deceased without physical remains indicating so' or 'deceased for legal purposes.' You know.

[face_laugh]

19. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    *thwacks EG*

Stop encouraging Solo_and_Fel! They're all in DeNile and you allow it to go on. This is serious, soldier!

:p

Deceased is deceased.

And in case there is any confusion, last night's post of the Prologue was the post for the week. Somehow I knew it would take all night to get it posted, and it did. Chapter One will start next Friday.

20. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    [:D] [face_love] @};- =D= [face_dancing] I loved the trailer! Wow... it rendered me speachless! :eek:

But...

:_| You put a hole in my raft! (Frantically begins to apply a patch, and resume floating down De'Nile) That's not nice...we haven't even made out of the DP yet! [face_shame_on_you]

The prologue was beautiful and I can wait for more... I've missed meeting here regularly. :p

Call me slow, but why are people saying more tomorrow? :confused: I thought she said next week?

Edit: :_| :_| I see the Commander's post I missed in passing...
    I guess I'll take that patch off my raft now, and tell the chickens to pack our bags. [face_chicken]

21. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Stop encouraging Solo_and_Fel! They're all in DeNile and you allow it to go on. This is serious, soldier!

So'm I! DeNile is good, DeNile is wonderful, DeNile is our friend [face_mischief]

22. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    "Snow, snow...why'd it have to be snow!" *looks out her window at all the snow*

Let the SPECulationS begin....

Jag is a snowflake - frozen in space, waiting on advances in cryogenics.
    Zekk is ice - wearing down the rock that is Jag &/or Jaina until they are darkness reborn.
    The Jedi are snow - blending together for a common goal...saving the Fels, saving the galaxy.

Eventually they are no longer flakes, only that thing called snow, and all sense of self is lost.
    They are all Joiners and the Killik have claimed the galaxy??? NOOoooOOOoooooOOO! Phew! *thankful for AU*

Welcome back Force Evolution! Great start, TKL!

'noon
    JaY

23. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    So I read this last night before I went to bed..but since I was literally...in bed I really lacked the energy to sit up and type on my laptop.

All that being said--excellent start. I love the voice that you used, which gives this final segment the feeling of omnipresence and grandness that we expect of Star Wars. I will allow others to speculate and merely leave you with these words in response to...

and later she said...

Clears voice.

We are in De'nile. Mighty Mighty De'nile.
    And nothing you can say can change our minds.
    You may say he's dead, but its a lie.
    Healing Hearts has begun...lets start the fun..

Come on everyone!
    We are in De'nile Mighty Might Denile.....

Seriously though...she says deceased--and from a certain point of view he is. I mean they gave the boy a funeral. And we know from all the tales of falling to the dark side (which we know from our discussions about Jag and the non-Jedi falling to the darkside) that one is reborn after achieving redemption. So. Jagged Fel as we know it may be deceased..but Jagged Fel, post crashing and exploding on Fondor...is not deceased..

besides deceased does not equal dead. :) He's deceased to us, to Jaina, to everyone that matters...but I tell you...JAG LIVES...

:)
    Jade

Edits: Sorry i'm being a post perfectionist today...

24. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    Good morning everyone! :D

*Where is that coffee emoticon? Must settle for this* [face_coffee]

We're all here again. *waves* I've missed the meetings, too. [:D]

Awesome trailer! And the prologue - WOW! Still mulling all that over. I went through a whole gamut of emotions from all the little teasers. [face_thinking] [face_worried] :eek: o_O :oops: [face_praying] :( [face_hypnotized] [face_not_talking] [face_shame_on_you] [face_idea]

So I?ll let you chew on that for a week. The answers are all there, my dear friends. [face_hypnotized]

Jagged Fel, deceased (male human from Corellia) [face_skull] Why would a deceased character be in the DP? He's not a Jedi and would not be able to come back as a blue form. o_O [face_mischief]

[face_whistling]

Love echoes from the past, resounds as a legacy to the future, and ultimately heals the wounded hearts. :D

Thanks for the sig-worthy quote, my twin. [face_batting]

Can't wait for more! *I really need that wahoo emoticon* :D

25. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    *joins the party* [face_dancing] :D IT'S UP!! :D

I'm currently logged on at school during my lunch period, so no time to read or reply but...

I'm can't wait to read it tonight!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] :D

EDIT:
    :eek: Cheater! You posted this last night!!!!! That's unfair! :p

...You are truly evil. :p My worst subject in LA = analyzing symbolism.. X_X :p Here's my long-winded attempt:

We begin with the snowflake, a person, a speck of life. Thus life is an eternal cycle ? It begins with individuality as a snowflake, each snowflake giving their personal contribution. Once the snowflake ?dies?, it hits the snow and is slowly assimilated into ice. This process is then similar to a being?s life force being combined with the others and conglomerated into the ?ice?, aka, the Force! Once all individuality is stripped from the life, it is just a speck in the fabric of the Force ? not quite alive, not quite dead, in some ways able to interact with the physical world. That ties in with what Luke felt in CoPL, when he was grievously injured and he was given life from the Force, from the beings in the Force. At that time he could feel everything around him interconnected with life. That, obviously was the Force, greater than ever before. Once the snowflake (life force) is combined with the others, it becomes fundamentally changed. It ?slides? .. which I?m not entirely clear on the symbolism there, but once the glacier begins to chip away at the rock, it crumbles from the life. Thus is the transformation from death to life! :D Because once the snowflake hits the snow, it is ?dead?. It is now part of a larger reality, but can do nothing, only wait. Once it hits the life in the rock, it has energy, ability to move within the stream, to the ocean. Thus it is ?alive? in a sense ? it only needs to be given a ?body? per se, to move about in. Thus comes the snowflake. Once it is given it?s vessel to make change in, the snowflake falls and thus begins the cycle again. What intrigues me is how these changes happen by forces of ?nature?. The glacier ?slides? because of gravity, and the rock erodes. Also, the process of condensation, etc is vital for the cycle to continue. While the Force is recognized as the water and snow and clouds, the rock and such are not. So what?s curious is that your interpretation leaves room for basic laws of the universe, ones that control even the Force. The water cannot destroy the rock, it cannot defy gravity, it cannot change time. So there are rules, laws, governing even the Force. You mention time a lot here ? that makes me think that time is one of the unalienable laws of the universe that the Force cannot alter. :eek: My head is exploding. :p

Your punishment for making me think is having to read all this. :p

I can't wait for next week, when I don't have to psychoanalyze posts! [face_batting]

Aniakera

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.