main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Healing Hearts (The Force Evolution Series, Post-DW AU, J/J) - Author Replies 12/6/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by TKeira_Lea, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Can't wait to have you back TKL! I'm eagerly awaiting more of this amazing story as soon as DRL quits rearing in it's nasty head.

2. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I can't wait to have you back, TKL. Real-life has been hard on a lot of us and fan-fic just isn't important compared to real-life. Take your time getting back to this and I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end. :)

3. Lanta

Lanta Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2007

Hey,

I've been reading this series for the last few days, and greatly enjoyed it. You're a good writer, and I love how long it is! Long and gripping. I'm particularly keen on your characterisation of Kyp, who's one of my favourite characters. Oh, that and the Jaina/Valin M/A relationship.

My favourite, btw, is the first, Echoes. I think I reviewed it on ff.net, where I first found your stories.

I'm currenly on a major Jaina-fanfic kick (I first "discovered" it a few weeks ago and have since been reading everything I can find) and I'll definately be checking out your other stories. You'll be added to my recs list when I create that, too ;)

Thanks for writing, and I'll look forward to future updates!

Lanta.

4. DarthJainaSolo

DarthJainaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2007
    Hello,

I see you haven't posted in a while, but I haven't started on this story yet. I finished Echoes of the Past a couple of weeks ago, but I keep hesitating to start Legacy due to the fact that I think I'm going to need tissues. I just wanted to pop in and say that Echoes was masterfully written. I loved Zekk as a bad guy and I love Kyp (who, in the NJO, I'll be honest, isn't my favorite), I loved Jaina and I love Jag. Your storytelling was beautiful and I found myself sorry that it didn't turn out that way in canon!

I guess I'll read Legacy now. It might take me a while, but I'm sure it will well worth the wait! Great job!

5. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Yobi: Don't be so hard on yourself, TKL. We'll all be here when you have time to update

Thank you. [:D] Good advice, and hopefully that will be soon that I?m around with some posts.

This story has a lot of complicated themes and I?ve been working for a couple weeks now to get them lined up in an outline so the story pops out better. Usually when I can visualize where I want to go the writing goes by fast.

Myria: Basically the same thing YodaKenobi said... everyone has other priorities; and we all look forward to reading more when you have the time.

Thank you as well. [:D]

flowerbee: Hey, life takes priority. Not disappointed, glad that you aren't annoying yourself with frustration about how a post isn't quite right.

Yeah well the posts are starting to line up [face_dancing] so all?s good.

JAGSGURL15: Can't wait to have you back TKL! I'm eagerly awaiting more of this amazing story as soon as DRL quits rearing in it's nasty head.

In the mean time, Go DOOK [face_devil]

Jaina_and_Jag: I can't wait to have you back, TKL. Real-life has been hard on a lot of us and fan-fic just isn't important compared to real-life. Take your time getting back to this and I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

Well I?m about to tell DRL where to shove it :p IMUSTFINISHTHISSTORY.

Lanta: I've been reading this series for the last few days, and greatly enjoyed it. You're a good writer, and I love how long it is!

It is long isn?t it?

Long and gripping. I'm particularly keen on your characterisation of Kyp, who's one of my favourite characters. Oh, that and the Jaina/Valin M/A relationship.

If you?re a Kyp fan then I?m happy you?re enjoying him. Valin?s been fun too because he was relatively just a canon name that I could develop as I wanted.

My favourite, btw, is the first, Echoes. I think I reviewed it on ff.net, where I first found your stories.

Yeah Echoes is decidedly more hopeful than Lgc. There will be good stuff (lighter more hopeful moments) to come in HH for sure.

I'm currenly on a major Jaina-fanfic kick (I first "discovered" it a few weeks ago and have since been reading everything I can find) and I'll definately be checking out your other stories. You'll be added to my recs list when I create that, too

Oh good! Please enjoy. There?s quite a few Jaina stories out there. You might check out the J/J index as well.

Thanks for writing, and I'll look forward to future updates!

Thanks for the reply! :D

DarthJainaSolo: I see you haven't posted in a while, but I haven't started on this story yet. I finished Echoes of the Past a couple of weeks ago, but I keep hesitating to start Legacy due to the fact that I think I'm going to need tissues.

Tissues is a good call ;)

I just wanted to pop in and say that Echoes was masterfully written.

I?m glad you liked it. Echoes was the first thing I ever wrote and I cringe sometimes when I read the POV shifts in it, but deep down I can?t help but the love the story.

Your storytelling was beautiful and I found myself sorry that it didn't turn out that way in canon!

Oh why thank you! [:D] Maybe we?ll get a little J/J down the road in canon? Here?s to hoping?

I guess I'll read Legacy now. It might take me a while, but I'm sure it will well worth the wait! Great job!

Hope you enjoy!

With the replies done, I will assure people that while I haven?t posted in a while there is much writing in the works. Literally the last year has been one event after the other that really cramped my ability to focus on my writing. Long and short of it, I have lost two grandparents and two beloved pets in fifteen months while trying to finish a huge project here at work. But I think I have the light at the tunnel and have been writing and planning this story for the past month.

So stayed tuned?

6. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    WHOOO HOO.

:)

7. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    :D Fingers crossed for you.

8. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    *much hugs for TKL*

Your writing is some of the best Star Wars stuff I've read, even with published stuff in mind! Second maybe only to Denning and Allston, but I'm sure you love them too. :) (Now those guys understand Jaina. *glares at Traviss with loathing*).

It's so good to hear your back, and my heart felt condolences for your losses! :( Speaking from experience, it's never easy to write when you've underwent those kind of events, but I think you learn from it later on in a way that makes you wiser and more contemplative, which is always good for a writer.

I'm really looking forward to settling down to read your stuff again! (Though, if you wait until after the 19th? That's totally okay. :p During April exams, I procrastinated an unbelievable amount by reading Echoes and Legacy, so I'm trying not to repeat myself with December...)

You rock, TKL! :D

9. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Cool! :D Glad you're getting back to writing, TKL. Can't wait to see what you've got for us :)

10. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    :D Looking forward to your return here!

11. Moonlight_Jedi

Moonlight_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2007
    Hey,

I started reading Echoes of the Past last June, I think. I was instantly hooked (which may or may not have been a good thing since now I have the tendancy to grin at random moments because something reminds me of a part in EotP or Legacy, and I'm pretty sure I'm now considered insane). Your writing's awesome and I love the way you write characters, your Jacen even makes me forget what they're doing with the canon one :rolleyes: . J/J is my favourite ship and you write them amazingly (now if only the LotF authors would catch on and do something solid about it). I also like Valin and Kyp and- wait, I like them all, except for Zekk :mad: . Honestly, your fics are about the only things that can leave me truly speechless.

Anyway, I hope DRL gives you a break (you deserve it) and lets you get back to writing (I was extremely happy to hear it should be soon) , but in the meantime-

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

Looking forward to your return,

:D Liz :D

12. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Good Morning!

jade51999: WHOOO HOO.

Such enthusiasm warms my heart and inspires the muse ;) Free month?s rent at D?Nile for you.

flowerbee Fingers crossed for you.

It must be working. Words came; I wrote. More on that later. :D

_Tenel_Ka_: *much hugs for TKL*

Aw thanks [:D]

Your writing is some of the best Star Wars stuff I've read, even with published stuff in mind! Second maybe only to Denning and Allston, but I'm sure you love them too.

Love them? They?re my idols. I?d hope to be half as good as those two some day so I?ll take that compliment and run @};-

It's so good to hear your back, and my heart felt condolences for your losses! Speaking from experience, it's never easy to write when you've underwent those kind of events, but I think you learn from it later on in a way that makes you wiser and more contemplative, which is always good for a writer.

It?s true. Loss comes with lots of emotions but it also makes a person feel numb. I?m pulling out of that stage now?things are all good here. Now. :)

(Though, if you wait until after the 19th? That's totally okay. During April exams, I procrastinated an unbelievable amount by reading Echoes and Legacy, so I'm trying not to repeat myself with December...)

Don?t you hate that professors feel the need to give exams *rolls eyes*

Yobi: Cool! Glad you're getting back to writing, TKL. Can't wait to see what you've got for us

Thanks. Hopefully I don?t scare everyone off? [face_nervous]

Solo_and_Fel: Looking forward to your return here!

I?m back! [face_dancing]

Moonlight_Jedi: I started reading Echoes of the Past last June, I think. I was instantly hooked (which may or may not have been a good thing since now I have the tendancy to grin at random moments because something reminds me of a part in EotP or Legacy, and I'm pretty sure I'm now considered insane).

Yeah well I was insane to write all that so you?re in good company.

Your writing's awesome and I love the way you write characters, your Jacen even makes me forget what they're doing with the canon one

We need to have a good Jacen somewhere. Because I fear he?s lost in canon.

Honestly, your fics are about the only things that can leave me truly speechless.

Now that?s a compliment :D

With that, I will reaffirm that I am outlining and writing on HH. I don?t plan on posting until things solidify across the story. The major hold up is there are sooooo many plots in my own AU that I have to keep them straight. Who?s alive; who?s dead in canon, in FES? Makes a girls head spin.

At the same time I?ve found my writing a bit creaky and my muse has latched onto a particular bug, which I?m going to let it run with. Certainly not Splinters in size?

In the meantime, if you need a J/J fix try the entries over at the J/J Index Fall Challenge

13. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    So glad to see you're working on this one again! I'll definitely be here waiting eagerly when you feel like you can post!

14. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Oh, TKL, we can definitely help you keep straight who's alive and who's not.
    Let's start with Jag.
    He's alive. ;)

15. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Not according to the DP. I can see that...

Jagged Fel, deceased (male human from Corellia)

16. TelannaTani

TelannaTani Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2005
    What, the DP's supposed to convince us? Ha! [face_talk_hand]

Glad to hear DRL is giving you a break. Can't wait to have you - and this story - back!

Long Live Jag Fel! [face_love]

Voz

17. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    It's really good to hear that you're working everything out and starting on HH again. It's been agony without it. haha.

As always, I'm excited to read more, but take your time. :)

18. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Mrs. Durron: So glad to see you're working on this one again! I'll definitely be here waiting eagerly when you feel like you can post!

Yeah well Kyp places a big part of the plot. So I think you'll enjoy...

Solo_and_Fel: Oh, TKL, we can definitely help you keep straight who's alive and who's not.
    Let's start with Jag.
    He's alive.

[face_not_talking]

Voz: What, the DP's supposed to convince us? Ha!

Of nothing apparently :p

Jaina_and_Jag: It's really good to hear that you're working everything out and starting on HH again. It's been agony without it. haha.

So it's torture when I'm being evil author and agony without the story [face_devil]

*insert evil cackle here*

As always, I'm excited to read more, but take your time.

As I said, it's in the works. Just a bit complicated. In the meantime expect a short post-LotF arc that I should be putting up this next week. I was bound and determined to make cover art before I posted but that story may go up with out a cover. I'm just no photoshop savvy [face_hypnotized]

If you need a J/J fix, and are a Chandrila Surprise or CoJF fan, you might look around the boards for a little something Lex and I posted for the holiday. Lex also has a funny series of shorts on Jag and Zekk as an unlikely pair.

19. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Wow. Just Wow.

I started reading EoTP on Monday and I just now finished with this thread. I literally had problems going to bed cause I was thinking about your story. LOL Please tell me you're going to finish it eventually.

I can't tell you how many times I laughed and cried while reading this series. It was so gut-wrenching that I actually had to step away a few times and do something else. Thank you SOOOOO much for sharing the beautiful gift of your writing and I look forward to reading even more!

20. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    I would have taken just that part and been quite happy as an author :D

:eek: I'm sorry my story kept you from your sleep :p But then again I guess it's a sign that I've captivated your imagination so that part is good :D Thanks for replying and I look forward to sharing more of this story soon.

21. KataiJade

KataiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    So.....remember me?

After not being on the forums for ages I thought I would hop on and see what stories were around still.

I found Legacy again and did a marathon read of it and stumbled upon Healing Hearts.

Might I say that your stories are fabulous. I quickly remembered how much angst you could throw into a story and I have loved every single post. I was sorry to see all of the things the DRL has thrown out you in the last year or so. I am hoping that everything slows down for you so you can get back into writing this story again.

I will most likely be lurking on these forums and checking out all of your stories that have popped up since I made my disappearing act.

Enough with the rambling [face_mischief]

Great job TKL, keep it up, and I can't wait for another dose of your wickedly addicting writing.

[face_peace]
    KJ, once known as Greaser ;)

22. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    I figured since I don't really have anything else to do I might as well up this.

I just wanted to say that I adore this story! :)

23. melino

melino Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2008
    Ok i admit i'm a former lurker on her for the last litle while and i'm de-lurking my self for a good cause! I have to say i am sooooooo on pins and needles to read the rest of the story so please please please give us an ETA!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

24. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    Tkeira Lea

Hello. :)

Again I do not get tired to be amazed to your imagination...:eek: It is simply remarkable, it is madly interesting and with impatience I wait for continuation... As I did not read still "Echoes of the Past " and "Legacy" it is difficult to me to speak that was up to...
    It is a pity Jag - I it so I love.:_|
    Dark Zekk is something brand new... Nevertheless I can not present it dark, even because of meek love to Jaina.
    Jaina - all the same spoilt little girl.
    Kyp - it is simple remarkable.[face_love] Sincerely loves Jaina and is ready to help it with any situation.
    Has surprised Tahiri. Nevertheless I hardly can ïðåäñòâàèòü it with someone except for Anakin.. But it is possible correctly. It would be glad to its happiness.
    The son. One more Fel. It is healthy... I Adore both Jag, and Soontir. [face_love]
    In general, I madly liked also I want still. [face_batting]

25. TKeira_Lea

Oct 10, 2002
    Good afternoon :)

Wow, I was clicking on my thread to grin at my replies and realized this wasn't my latest venture but rather an old love.

Greaser: So.....remember me?
    Of course [:D]

Might I say that your stories are fabulous. I quickly remembered how much angst you could throw into a story and I have loved every single post.

Your words are too kind.

I was sorry to see all of the things the DRL has thrown out you in the last year or so. I am hoping that everything slows down for you so you can get back into writing this story again.

Yeah me too :( But things are looking up and the muse is flowing. Unfortunately canon is so much fresher in my mind that those little bunnies seem to be more aggressive. It truly can be very confusing when you have an AU split so far back. Briaun or Wyn? Rane or Cem? Even I get confused. So I'm letting the muse that speaks do her work. Every once in a while some little part of HH pops out on the page and I run with it. Slowly but surely I'll find my way back to this. Before that I'll have to give the whole FES a good read. There are readers out there who know more about my story than even I do!

I will most likely be lurking on these forums and checking out all of your stories that have popped up since I made my disappearing act.

Just in case you pop back I do have active stories that aren't so AU, but very canon oriented with the LotF series. For your reading pleasure...

Wingman - a post-Invincible J/J epilogue
    Firebrand - now a LotF AU
    Rewind - Inferno missing scene, winner of the 2007 J/J Index Fall Challenge
    Splinters - a post-DNT (with nothing in canon that makes it AU yet) short story

Enough with the rambling
    Me too :p

Jaina_and_Jag: I just wanted to say that I adore this story!

melino: Ok i admit i'm a former lurker on her for the last litle while and i'm de-lurking my self for a good cause! I have to say i am sooooooo on pins and needles to read the rest of the story so please please please give us an ETA!!!!! Thank you!!!!!
    Oh man I gave you reason to delurk and I didn't respond! Bad author :( As the other stories wind down I'll get back to this. See above for possible other reads.

DarthBellumSolo: Again I do not get tired to be amazed to your imagination...
    If only the typing hands could keep up!

It is simply remarkable, it is madly interesting and with impatience I wait for continuation... As I did not read still "Echoes of the Past " and "Legacy" it is difficult to me to speak that was up to...
    Oh my you should give them a try. I'd be so lost without them just picking up HH.

Has surprised Tahiri. Nevertheless I hardly can ïðåäñòâàèòü it with someone except for Anakin.. But it is possible correctly. It would be glad to its happiness.
    Ah yes all the more reason you should read the first two stories. Then Rane and Tahiri will make perfect sense.

Thanks to everyone for your continued support. [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.