main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~*Healing*~ (J/J AU) New Post 5/2!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jaya_tharen, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    Author: jaya_tharen
    Title: Healing (AU)(J/J)
    Characters: Jaina, Jag, Jacen, Erika, Tahiri (I'll add more characters as they come)
    Summary: Jag isn't very good at coping with disability, and he's not the only one who needs to heal

I guess you could say I'm reposting this, though it never really got started before.

I'm not so sure that this will be an interesting plot, but I hope you all like it anyway.

It's been floating in and out of my mind for a long time.

:D

Prologue:

Jag sat on the bed, eyes blazing; he always seemed to be angry lately. Jaina sighed wearily and sat down next to him. ?Jag, that?s preposterous. I haven?t even seen Zekk since I left Hapes, and that was a long time ago.? Trying to convince a stubborn man, especially one who had nothing else to do all day except sit and speculate, was a difficult thing to do, and Jaina had been at it for far to long.

He stared at her for a moment before ?What about Kyp? Why do you spend so much time with him? What?s up with that??

Jaina groaned. ?Jag, stop being so paranoid! Kyp is not only my Jedi Master, but he?s also my friend. I?m telling you, you?re the only one I love, and I mean that. Just because you?re?unable to fly anymore?doesn?t mean that I stop loving you.?

Jag glared at her. ?It always comes back to that, doesn?t it Jaina?? The scorn in his voice crushed her heart, not for the first time since their marriage two years ago. ?I?m disabled, I can?t do much of anything now, so I?m no good. You?re running to other men because I can?t deliver.? Once again, he had succeeded in not hearing a word she said.

Jaina felt about ready to cry; why did they have to keep going in circles about this? ?Jag, you obviously aren?t listening to me. I don?t care that you can?t fly, that you can?t fight or even work a desk job. I love you, and that?s all that matters.?

The man held her gaze. ?You don?t mean it, I can tell. I?m holding you back, destroying your life. That?s what you think of me; I can?t go anywhere with you, can?t even hold you most of the time. I know what you?re thinking.?

The tears did come now, tears of frustration and anger. Jag was constantly accusing her of thinking he wasn?t good enough, accusing her of sleeping with other men, of wanting to leave him. He said he was limiting her, that she didn?t want him anymore; he blamed her for things she couldn?t possible have stopped, couldn?t control. Deep down, she knew that he blamed her, in a way, for his accident. Though there was no possible way she could have prevented it.

And now everything was a million times worse. She had found out just days ago that she was pregnant, and of course, it was his baby. Though this was proof that she hadn?t slept with anyone else, it did nothing to ease his doubts. He struggled with the mental and emotional pain of his injury, along with the physical agony of his disease, his disability. It broke Jaina?s heart to see him like this; every night, as she lay next to him in bed, she would remember the way he used to be, the way his face used to light up when he saw her. He used to hold her, to do things for her, to watch her back. Now he couldn?t do any of that, couldn?t be the person she used to depend on. She would turn away from him most nights; he took this as rejection, but it was really just a way of hiding the tears she cried. Jaina came to realize a while ago that she couldn?t cry on Jag anymore. It was her job to be strong now, because he was her husband and she was his wife, and she had taken a vow, for better or, in this case, for worse.

Feedback please!

I realize that it's a very short post, but it's just a prologue, so please be kind. The first chapter should be longer.

--Jaya--

2. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    that was awesome.. how'd jag get hurt? i love j/J!!!!

skywalkerlover00 aka the wielder of the lollipop of doom aka lolly @};- :D

3. Corellian_Cutie

Corellian_Cutie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2005
    awesome!!! keep it up! if u have a pm list, put me on it!

4. Nitesylver

Nitesylver Jedi Youngling

Dec 8, 2005
    Great so far, I want to see where this is going.
    If you PM I'd like one.

5. jaya_tharen

Sep 13, 2004
    Coolness!

skywalkerlover00:that was awesome.. how'd jag get hurt? i love j/J!!!!

skywalkerlover00 aka the wielder of the lollipop of doom aka lolly

Thanks. I'm not so big on J/J as I was used to be, but a little variety never hurt.

Lollipop of doom? :eek: Ahhhhh! Now even the snacks are against us! [face_worried]

Corellian_Cutie:awesome!!! keep it up! if u have a pm list, put me on it!

Yeppers, I forgot to mention that. I do have a PM list, for anyone who's interested.

Nitesylver:Great so far, I want to see where this is going.
    If you PM I'd like one.

Thanks.

--Jaya--

6. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    ^^make sure u add me!!!

7. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    could you add me too?

8. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Nice post :)

Did you post this story in the past because I find it familiar

9. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Great job so far! please add me also!

10. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Nice.

Add me to PM list, if you have one.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to more.

11. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    how did jag get hurt?

12. jaya_tharen

Sep 13, 2004
    My PM List So Far:

hyperspace_police
    JAGSGURL15
    skywalkerlover00
    Corellian_Cutie
    Nitesylver
    Alishu06
    Jaina_Solo_16

If you want to be added to da list, jus let me know!!! :D

*+*+*+*+*+*AUTHOR'S REPLIES*+*+*+*+*+*

Okay dokay, here we go...

Chimpo_The_Sith

Tanx!

Yeah, I posted this story before, but not this part of it. What I just posted was written for later on in the story, then I decided it should be the beginning.

JAGSGURL15

Thanks a bunches!

hyperspace_police

Thank you much!

Corellian_Cutie

All will be revealed...

Thank you all so much for reading! I can't say when the next post will be, but I'll try to make it soon!

--Jaya--

13. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    I like it, please pm me when u update.
    *A

14. Jaina_Solo_16

Jaina_Solo_16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    Great start Jaya! Poor Jaina and Jag. Any chance that Jag'll get better?

Can't wait for more. Could I be on the PM list please?

15. Corellian_Cutie

Dec 13, 2005
    when's the next update jaya????

16. jaya_tharen

Sep 13, 2004
    The next update is in the works right now...

I need a beta for a J/J story I'm trying to write. Someone who is available to give feedback on a constant basis. Anyone who thinks they can help, please PM me!

Thanks a bunches!

--Jaya--

17. jaya_tharen

Sep 13, 2004
    Alrighty....

You all have waited long enough (so sorry) so I've written you a post! Unfortunately it's quite short.

PM's to arrive shortly.

She sank wearily into the couch, lolling her head back, eyes closed, in a moment of weakness. Jacen entered the room silently, hoping she would be asleep. "Hey Jace," but she never did seem to sleep, "thanks for letting me barge in.

He shook his head. "What's Jag done this time?" That was always the underlying problem.

"It's not so much what he's done," a heavy sigh, "but what he's said."

That was all he needed to hear, all she was willing to tell. He had extracted from her once, a few years back, the constant insults and accusations that seemed to be Jag's only pastime. The words were cutting and deep, making even Jacen wince in sympathy for the turmoil his sister had married into. Of course, she hadn't known, and in fact even Jag didn't know at the time, what such a small injury could become.

"We were happy, you know." Jaina was sensing his thoughts again. "I didn't care that he couldn't fly and he seemed to be coping well. We both thought it best to move on with our lives."

Placing a comforting hand on his twins shoulder, "I know, Jaina."

Her body relaxed, tension draining away. Sleep slowly took over her mind, then her body. A little trick Jacen had learned over the years, Jaina now slept peacefully without dreams. "I'll see you in the morning, sis." And he left then, leaving her to the rest she so dearly needed.

~*~*~*~*~

Chiar drew in a breath, but not to deeply for the pain it would surely cause. She could feel the still-cold duracrete of the wall pressed against her back. Chains, heavy and metal, chafed her skin to the point of raw, connecting her solidly to the wall, effectively restraining her every movement.

The drugs still ran lightly through her system, blurring her mind and making clear, rational thought impossible. Memories, whether distant or new was impossible to say, tumbled across the foggy plain of her mind, whispering of questions and torture and pain. Still, she had to keep up hope, to remember that a rescue party would be here for her any day now.

There was no telling how long ago she had last seen a human face, but Chiar could say for sure that it had been more than three months since she was first brought here, two months since the chains had been installed, and maybe six months since her initial capture.

All was silent for the moment, deafeningly so until shattered by the small, almost tangable sound of a deep male voice outside the thick door to her cell. Cringing and trying to draw back in on herself, Chiar knew what that voice usually meant.

This time, however, the door did not open. Instead, a female voice, soft and light, joined the first and seemed to grow more demanding as the seconds passed. A heated argument ensued, one which Chiar could not quite hear, and then the door made the sound which meant an inaccurate code had been entered; someone was trying to get to her, and it was only a matter of time.

I just wrote that this minute so there're probably some errors, etc.

Try to enjoy it anywayz.

Love much,

--Jaya--

18. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    nice update.

thanks for the pm.

19. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    WOW... nice job!