main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Healing of the Family: Book 2: Desperate Move (L/M romance)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mistryl, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistryl

Mistryl Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2003
    Healing of the Family: Book 1

This is the second part of the Healing of the Family chronicles that hasn't been around for quite a while. It will make sense if you read the other one first. This one picks up about six years later. Well, enjoy!

Disclaimer: Star Wars does not belong to me and any similarity between this and any other story is purely by coincidence.

Luke Skywalker was sound asleep on the ragged planet when he was awoken by the noise. It was the noise of a baby screaming.

Anakin, he thought to himself as he once again felt the pain of his lost nephew. The once child that now served as the body of Palpatine.

Luke knew it wasn't the force speaking to him because of the injection they all had recieved on their arrival to the desolate planet, once Palpatine's homeworld. He could no longer touch the force and neither could any one else because of him. It was all his fault.

Luke clenched his right hand into a fist as he looked down at the metal form. He had foolishly joined Palpatine and all would pay because of his error.

"What's wrong?"

Luke turned towards the voice of the little orphan girl he had taken in what seemed so long ago. He had been on his own, with only the child, been on his own with no one to hurt. It was better that way.

"Get up!" Mara Jade woke up with two seven-year-olds jumping on her bed. Jacen and Jaina Solo had no doubt been sent to get her out of bed. Finally she followed them.

"Morning," Ryoo said with a smile.

"Hey Ryoo, where's the boys?"

She smiled at Mara as she brushed her long brown hair. Ryoo was one of Leia and Luke's cousins that they had been living with for the past many years.

"Han and Xarith went out with Leia and Pooja early this morning."

"Okay."

"They said you could babysit."

Mara sat suddenly down on the chair. "No way! The Solo kids?" Her jaw had dropped.

"Well, they aren't force sensitive anymore."

"Oh," she said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. "That makes it so much better."

"Well, I'm going into town." Ryoo rested her hand on her swelled belly as she left the room and shut the door.

"I am so dead."

2. Mistryl

Jan 5, 2003
    Pooja looked past the rim of her hat as the sun beat down. She saw Leia with the baby holder strapped to her hip and the infant girl inside.

Her brother-in-law Xarith was lagging behind along with Han Solo. "Hurry it up you lazy butts."

"Yes Ma'am!"

Xarith suddenly looked up at the darkened sky. "They're coming."

"Who's coming?"

"The Slavers." Xarith told them. They knew of the slavers of course. They would come to take young boys as slaves for Palpatine. The adults of course were left or slaughtered. That was what had happened to Xarith and Ryoo's son. He had only been a child and Xarith had lost one arm at the shoulder.

"Leia! Hide!" Han yelled as he pulled her down. The market was closing down quickly as all the doors and windows slammed shut.

Han hid behind a group of ledges and bushes and he pulled Pooja and Leia down. Xarith's eyes followed the ships as he stood there nervously.

Ryoo picked up a piece of fruit but then she heard something behind her. A rough hand closed over her mouth and she tried to scream but as the cloth covered with knock out gas covered her mouth she collapsed.

Mara picked up the two sleeping children and hid a yawn. She was so tired. These kids had worn her out so badly. Mara turned as she heard something. There he stood. A young man in all black stood there and there was a little child by him.

"Welcome back my hand," the child said with a smirk. His light brown hair blew with the air as his blue eyes watched her coldly.

3. Aimeer9

Aimeer9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2002
    OOOO creepy! :eek:

Thanks for the pm.

4. Mistryl

Jan 5, 2003
    You're welcome Aimeer! Yeah, it's meant to be creepy so on with the action!

5. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    Eeeek! Save Mara! And what in the world is Luke doing out hiding? :eek: More, more!!

thanks for the pm too Mistryl.

;) Paige

6. Mistryl

Jan 5, 2003
    You're welcome, you'll just have to see, in motion the future is and I'm glad you're enjoying it aria.

"Mommy? Mommy!" Jaina and Jacen were both crying. Their new nursemaid rushed in.

"It's alright," she tried to soothe them.

"We want mommy and daddy!"

The nurse maid sighed and tried to get them to play with the toys but they continued to cry. She took her small stun gun and used it on them.

'Palpatine doesn't pay me enough to be nice to these kids.'

"Ryoo?"

Mara tried to peer past the cloth wrapped around her face but it was too thick. Her arms were tied to some one elses on the other side of the bars in what she assumed was an Imperial Prison Cell.

"Yes, it's me Mara. Do you know what happened?"

"My best guess? I'd tsay the Imperials have us."

"Why would they want us?"

"I don't know," Mara lied. She had a good idea why they were dragged back. Palpatine wanted to use the Solo kids for his own selfish purposes. She just didn't know why Ryoo was there.

Suddenly an idea occured to Mara. Ryoo looked astoundingly(sp) like Leia. What if they hadn't known that Dana, Leia's new child had been born? What if they had grabbed Ryoo on accidnet?

"Ryoo, we might as well give up," she lied.

"What?"

"Give up."

"You're insane!"

"Leia! Are you okay?"

Leia nodded her head at her husband as Xarith brushed himself off and grabbed his comlink. It could only be used for onplanet. All long range communication had been knocked out years ago.

"Mara, can you hear me? Mara?" He turned looking afraid. "I haven't been able to contact Ryoo or Mara."

"Do you think something's wrong?"

"Leia, I fear the worst." Leia and Han showed a reflection of complete panic.

"Daddy!" Luke opened his eyes as he held the girl closely.

"Shh, it's alright. They won't come." He tried to assure the little girl but he wasn't that assured all himself.

She shook against him. "Are they coming to take me away daddy?"

"It's alright Kalynia. I won't let them take you."

She looked up, her eyes filled with tears and hugged him. "Thanks Daddy!"

Luke held Kalynia tightly next to his heart. He could feel her every breath and he wasn't about to let her go.

7. Mistryl

Jan 5, 2003
    "Why are these children here?"

"The Emperor ordered it."

"For what? Playmates?"

Ryoo couldn't make out anymore of the conversation as she pressed her ear to the wall. Jacen and Jaina were playing on the floor and seemed to not even notice that they didn't even know where they were. She was glad that at least some one wasn't stressed. They had taken Mara away several days previous.

"Aunt Ryoo come and play with us," Jaina begged her with pleading large brown eyes.

"I've had enough!" Mara suddenly yelled as she checked the walls for what seemed like the hundreth time that day. They slid her her meals through a small slot and locked it back up, there was no way she could get out or at least not until she had some time to think it through but thinking it through was the last thing she wanted to do.

If she had the Force it would be no problem but the fact was she didn't and it was a problem.

Leia clutched onto Han as they sat in the empty house. Xarith was sitting there in silence as Leia sobbed loudly. The time had come to get some help and quickly.

8. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
  9. Aimeer9

Aimeer9 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2002
    good post

10. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    Oh!
    oops. sorry, i haven't come by in a while.
    UP!

;) Paige

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.